Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you really gonna skip any more Vehicles now ?

Just wonder if you ever want to add Cars again. Its been missing since release. Now we only see them as decoration no gameplay at all. Also missing are for the small ones some kind of trolley. I really hope you are not gonna skip that.

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It's a really good question before Sims 4 was released the Sims team told us we would get cars "Sims will definitely be able to own and have cars! As far as how they will function, I cannot comment on that yet. I do know that opening doors, like in The Sims 2, would require a lot from our animations team, so this may or may not happen" so we know cars are totally possible and were originally supposed to be a part of this game.

Obviously that changed a month or 2 before release then were told by SimGuruRyan who was speaking of the disappointment of the release and all its missing base game features that "Sims 4 would make our dreams come true." I can't find exact quote anymore but it was something like that then they moved to dead silence for years.

Finally a miracle happened silence broke even if just for a moment after 7 years, “In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next expansion pack, which we’ve been working on since last year,” the devs said in a community message earlier this month. “I want to set expectations now, though, that cars, babies, farms, and bunk beds are not part of this EP. We understand how important these features are to you but we want to be honest that they are not part of this upcoming pack.” they acknowledged cars and other features we have got after this statement such as bunk beds farming and improved babies in the form of infants.

Now that all those other mentioned features are here with the release of infants will cars be next I sure hope so they made it known they know we want them.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited June 2023
    Since the Sims team is already split in half to develop Sims 5 and they are under pressure with the other competitors, maybe we'll never get functional cars.
    But if they just took the moving animation from the bike and the mesh from a car and the sim just 'teleports' in and out, maybe it's not that much work? Who knows. But where would we drive to anyway in those small neighborhoods? It would make no sense to drive to the next house...
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    It's a really good question before Sims 4 was released the Sims team told us we would get cars "Sims will definitely be able to own and have cars! As far as how they will function, I cannot comment on that yet. I do know that opening doors, like in The Sims 2, would require a lot from our animations team, so this may or may not happen"

But what the Sims team had promised in the quote above has already happened. We can have them and we can own them (from the buy debug ;)).
    And with a little effort and phantasy, we can even stand next to them, dance with them and wash them ^^'

46eee3cda4fe046214d89ec42d4bbb2aa5c840dd.jpg

de6402c52cd05f23a270b747efcf91c1f0eb9d0b.jpg
    And we can (pretend to) repair them 🚘
    eb91d49507bab4d5b5baa4f6ae6f555c9ce8983d.jpg

2f0414b5a4f79449aa4ad99eb0afe8bbf601fd30.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I would love bumper cars and kart racing. Maybe we could have that if they can't bring cars back yet.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2023
    I'm finding the whole idea about cars for the sims4 interesting, because it feels like they often have to take this into account with the their world design to a point where it feels like they have to design their worlds and everything in the game around the fact that there are no cars that our sims can use.

Many neighborhoods in the world have very few or no parking spaces at all so neighborhoods often feel like public spaces (where you are not allowed to park cars) which I guess is fine if that's what you are going for with your house builds but if you want to have a neighborhood that doesn't feel like a public space then you are very limited. One neighborhood in Growing Together is designed like a typical suburban neighborhood with similar houses with garages except the one which you get to build on.

It's also interesting with Maxis HQ being based in California where they have a lot of cars everywhere and they have taken the decision to ban petrol fueled cars by 2035, so the game could have showed the interesting time we are living in now where the design of cars and how they are being powered is changing. You could argue that only focusing on bikes is better for the environment but if the game doesn't have any cars at all for our sims to own then you are not depicting those changes anyway.

Maxis likes to be trendy with their pack designs and this game have the opportunity to show the challenges a lot of people and families are facing with them wanting to be friendly to the environment, but they also don't want to spend huge amounts of money or try to adjust their lives to not using cars. If you live in a city you can often adjust but out in the country you can't just bike several miles to places or use non-existent local traffic. The challenges that a lot of people face in real life with being able to transport their children or elders to places are not shown at all either in the game, sims are just fading away and teleporting to places.

So I think it was a missed opportunity for them to not focus on cars early in the game because we could have seen a lot of interesting game design by now, instead they are just props or are just assumed to be used.

And no, I don't think the limitations of the game are a reason for us not seeing them either, I understand that we will not be able to use them to travel around the neighborhood but I don't see how they could not work like the rocket for example which have plenty of animations and shows the sims entering and leaving the lot.

So tldr, them not including cars makes other elements in the game feel less impactful and important in my opinion.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2023
    The only cars we saw were for Deco purposes and to give me the illusion that there were cars in the game and they also included trains. For me Sims 4 is what you see is all you will get. I do not think cars will ever come to Sims 4 like the other features some were waiting for Neighborhood editors, CAST or Color wheel and for me it is too late as I am waiting for LBY and not waiting for Rene as EA/Maxis had their chance a very long time ago and Sims 4 brings nothing to the table.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    edited June 2023
    Cars won’t work in this game, maybe in some worlds but not all. And just look how glitchy bikes are. They’ll be random cars left in the bushes all over the place. I’ll pass. The game just isn’t built for it now.

I’m not even looking at S5 at this point I need reassurance that they won’t mess it up lol I’m giving that game 2-3 years before I even try it.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Pleaaaase give us cars already !!!!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    Since the Sims team is already split in half to develop Sims 5 and they are under pressure with the other competitors, maybe we'll never get functional cars.
    But if they just took the moving animation from the bike and the mesh from a car and the sim just 'teleports' in and out, maybe it's not that much work? Who knows. But where would we drive to anyway in those small neighborhoods? It would make no sense to drive to the next house...
    It's a really good question before Sims 4 was released the Sims team told us we would get cars "Sims will definitely be able to own and have cars! As far as how they will function, I cannot comment on that yet. I do know that opening doors, like in The Sims 2, would require a lot from our animations team, so this may or may not happen"

But what the Sims team had promised in the quote above has already happened. We can have them and we can own them (from the buy debug ;)).
    And with a little effort and phantasy, we can even stand next to them, dance with them and wash them ^^'

Interesting shots you showed. I presume it's all CC/mod as have never seen anything like that in the as issued game.

As to the overall subject, cars are another missed opportunity and it's too late now. Why have the realism and options of cars when you can play Star Trek and teleport everywhere?

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Interesting shots you showed. I presume it's all CC/mod as have never seen anything like that in the as issued game.

As to the overall subject, cars are another missed opportunity and it's too late now. Why have the realism and options of cars when you can play Star Trek and teleport everywhere?

We have quite a lot of stuff suitable to make a garage in game, here's no CC one you can download from the gallery.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/89A4987A377011ED8C6A65A7CA1A65B2?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=schnuck01&max=50&maxis=false

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByvdcPPVaZY
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    The only cars we saw were for Deco purposes and to give me the illusion that there were cars in the game and they also included trains. For me Sims 4 is what you see is all you will get. I do not think cars will ever come to Sims 4 like the other features some were waiting for Neighborhood editors, CAST or Color wheel and for me it is too late as I am waiting for LBY and not waiting for Rene as EA/Maxis had their chance a very long time ago and Sims 4 brings nothing to the table.

I feel the same way. EA/Maxis has used up any goodwill that I once had for them. They've made poor decisions too many times. Now, they're queueing up to make the same mistakes with Rene. They're building a game that is meant to be played on smartphones as well as PCs and consoles. Can you imagine how many cut corners that would entail? The simulation that made the series great is about to take a backseat. Like, waaaay in the back.

No thanks. Let future generations deal with the 'Always online. We're all connected, all the time' movement. I'll stick with single-player.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

@Oldeseadogge no, I didn't use mods or cc (and no poses) 👨‍🔧
    I showed how to (pretend to) repair cars 👉 here
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cynna wrote: »

I feel the same way. EA/Maxis has used up any goodwill that I once had for them. They've made poor decisions too many times. Now, they're queueing up to make the same mistakes with Rene. They're building a game that is meant to be played on smartphones as well as PCs and consoles. Can you imagine how many cut corners that would entail? The simulation that made the series great is about to take a backseat. Like, waaaay in the back.

No thanks. Let future generations deal with the 'Always online. We're all connected, all the time' movement. I'll stick with single-player.

Cynna, you may still need to be connected with single player as well and I am praying I was wrong because the problem with always on you may lose access to you game if the internet or connection goes down and then there is the dreaded shut down of that program and one wonders are they going to patch the game so you do not need to contact homebase no more.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The only real solution is to go back in time, to the era when games were on disks and installed directly onto the hard drive. Depending on the company, you were either good to go or at most send in the serial number. Those days are gone for good, unfortunately, thanks to changes in technology and the intoxicating wine of control internet-based software provides.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2023

Cynna, you may still need to be connected with single player as well and I am praying I was wrong because the problem with always on you may lose access to you game if the internet or connection goes down and then there is the dreaded shut down of that program and one wonders or they going to patch the game so you do not need to contact homebase no more.

I refuse to buy games that insist that I must always be online. I also have an odd habit of allowing the games that I am currently playing to run in the background when not actually in use. That way, when I'm ready to go back to it, I don't need to worry about logging in. However, you do have a point about permanent service shut downs. That's a whole other can of worms.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cynna wrote: »

Cynna, you may still need to be connected with single player as well and I am praying I was wrong because the problem with always on you may lose access to you game if the internet or connection goes down and then there is the dreaded shut down of that program and one wonders or they going to patch the game so you do not need to contact homebase no more.

I refuse to buy games that insist that I must always be online. I also have an odd habit of allowing the games that I am currently playing to run in the background when not actually in use. That way, when I'm ready to go back to it, I don't need to worry about logging in. However, you do have a point about permanent service shut downs. That's a whole other can of worms.

Yeah, and make it worst the game can be really good but soon as it goes out of circulation it is gone, so sad but with how the internet is so advanced today most may have the "Always On" requirement.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I honestly don't see the point, as TS4 is neither open world like TS3 nor open neighborhood like TS2. Plus, look at how all the lots lay next to roads and streets. Very few of them have access to the road, and houses don't have driveways built into the lots/sidewalks.

It'll take a major overhaul of most of the worlds and will require a massive amount of routing.

However, I have more hope for them since horses have returned. I suspect they can make cars work.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well I didn't notice you guys had revive this thread. I was certain nobody really care about more vehicles. Anyway Life Simulators should have more vehicles. Not gonna lie I actually enjoy playing S4 but it just bothering me that I cannot own some cars like in S3. It shouldn't be a problem to have those I really must wonder why they don't wanna have them. Its like someone from Just stop Oil is stopping all the development in order to not support Car owners. Now we are gonna get horses which is nice too. You see they can add more vehicles even though those are basically pets. But they are techincally vehicles of the 19th century before cars where invented ^^
  • Options

46eee3cda4fe046214d89ec42d4bbb2aa5c840dd.jpg

de6402c52cd05f23a270b747efcf91c1f0eb9d0b.jpg
    And we can (pretend to) repair them 🚘
    eb91d49507bab4d5b5baa4f6ae6f555c9ce8983d.jpg

2f0414b5a4f79449aa4ad99eb0afe8bbf601fd30.jpg

yes these are really great but I don't know how to use the Debug mode. Surely I could learn that, but I do not want to. Also since these are technically still decorations only its really nothing that adds gameplay. Sure I could pretend but I also don't wanna play pretend. Its a game which should simulate life right ? Why exclud gameplay that worked wonderfully since Sims 2. Its really bothersome and I don't remember how long it took for them to actually add more life into their game. I mean yeah skipping toddler stage was a massive hit for many more. Now I believe they will keep on releasing content and will add more life over time and my hope is still there to finally see a reurn of car gameplay. Or maybe ships and boats I love S3 Island Paradies for that.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    I honestly don't see the point, as TS4 is neither open world like TS3 nor open neighborhood like TS2.

Sims 2 wasn't open at all. You could walk into the street in front of your lot but that was it. Sims got in the car, backed up, then went into a loading screen. If you cheated to put a car in a garage and didn't have a driveway, the car would teleport to the road first. Sims 4 is actually slightly more open in that regard, as there are places where you can walk around for some distance before you jump to a loading screen.

I don't see driving cars in Sims 4 being viable, but like a lot of others I'd at least like them to come back in a limited form. A kit that included a buildable car like the one in Sims 2, garage doors, tool chests, various decor items that look like they belong in a garage. They could even have a scooter or motorcycle since those could basically be re-skinned bicycles.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    cody6268 wrote: »
    I honestly don't see the point, as TS4 is neither open world like TS3 nor open neighborhood like TS2.

Sims 2 wasn't open at all. You could walk into the street in front of your lot but that was it. Sims got in the car, backed up, then went into a loading screen. If you cheated to put a car in a garage and didn't have a driveway, the car would teleport to the road first. Sims 4 is actually slightly more open in that regard, as there are places where you can walk around for some distance before you jump to a loading screen.

I don't see driving cars in Sims 4 being viable, but like a lot of others I'd at least like them to come back in a limited form. A kit that included a buildable car like the one in Sims 2, garage doors, tool chests, various decor items that look like they belong in a garage. They could even have a scooter or motorcycle since those could basically be re-skinned bicycles.

yes thats really missing here.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »

I love Schnuck's builds and awesome speed build videos!

Now that video has me wishing for a Garage/Gas Station gamepack..... How fun would that be?! :smiley:

- drive-able cars, trucks, motorcycles, mopeds
    - new careers: mechanic, gas jockey
    - new lot type: garage/gas station
    - new aspirations/traits: gearhead, gas guzzler, auto-phobia
    - grubby greasy gas station furniture/countertops, cash register, car parts vending machine
    - decor items: tools and toolboxes, rusty tin signs, car posters, car calendar, etc.
    - new 90's grunge music station
    - new gameplay objects: car lift (repairs, oil changes, tire changes), car hobby restoration kit, computer diagnostics machine, functional gas pumps, functional drive-thru rabbit hole car wash machine
    - new small world: one of the lots is a large racetrack

It could be called the "Life is a Gas Gas Gas" gamepack. :D

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I’m still suffering from horsey brain (yup totally made up that word). However, I would love for Motorcycles, Scooters & other small vehicles in the game. I do wished we were actually getting playable Chuckwagons & Hayrides. Oh well.🥲
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2023
    As others already stated for years we don't need open world to enjoy cars. There was nothing special about ts3 cars unless you just enjoy watching a car drive down streets for long periods. It's okay to watch but it's not special or immersive IMO.
    I still think we are eventually getting cars and I'm excited for it. There are so many instances where cars can fit into my sims lives.

The BEST experience I ever had with cars in a video game was the way they handled driving in final fantasy XV. I never had so much fun with a car in a game. It was very immersive and interactive and I could see the sims implementing something similar. And even when you choose not to drive in final fantasy it's fun listening to the radio, watching the animations and characters interact with eachother until you reach the destination.
    If not in ts4 then ts5 could do something like that.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    I expect we will get cars. They're one of the number top Fan Demands, and they've been doing farms, bunkbeds, free babies, werewolves, horses... I expect bands and fairies are coming too. But cars are probably hardest.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I really think that as more and more people get shifted to Project Rene, the remaining team is just like "Okay, how many Fan Requests can we get done before we shut down?"

Cars, Bands, Fairies, and maybe Hotels are still on the table. Possibly Cars with either Bands or Hotels (or Bands with Hotels - gotta have someplace to trash. :grin: ) Having Cars, Bands and Hotels in one EP is probably a bit beyond Sims 4's Pack Budget.