Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know on High School Years

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Did You Know?

There are 4 New Woohoo Spots
Photobooth
Ferris Wheel
Tunnel Of Love
Haunted House

The Pier Carnival Lot plays Carnival Music which is from the New Radio Station Carnival Beats.

If you're caught woohooing on any of the 4 carnival rides you can't ride them for several sim days.

There are new photo poses.

You can place a letter in a sims locker asking them to the prom.

You can do the sweetheart dance with a friend without it putting them into a romantic relationship. This is the slowdance.

You can ask an aquaintence to the prom and they can accept. This happened on the livestream. An NPC might not ask yours to the prom unless their good friends.

Proms happen every week.

Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Proms happen every week? Can I make them like they only happen like once or twice in my teen's life? And can I edit when they happen, etc?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Proms happen every week? Can I make them like they only happen like once or twice in my teen's life? And can I edit when they happen, etc?

One of the Game Changers mentioned this that has early access. I can't remember which one. It was one week apart on the calendar.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member

I really hope so, maybe we can delete them from the calender?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    You could presumably also decide not to attend if you didn't want the sim to go more than once.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Gamer40008Gamer40008 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi guys I can’t access the live stream as my mobile is so slow but I wondered if anyone knew the answers to these questions about the pack before I order it.

1) Can adults use the window and ladder to sneak out of the house?
    2) Can social media and the clothes seller be used by adults?
    3) Is shaving available for adults as well
    4) Can adults use the new carnival rides
    5) Can adults place a cheerleading mat into there house and practise or use it to do with groups? The same applies for the American football can adults do this?

Sorry if I’ve taken your thread off topic catloverplayer I don’t really no what I’m doing.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Did You Know?

There are 4 New Woohoo Spots
    Photobooth
    Ferris Wheel
    Tunnel Of Love
    Haunted House

4 woohoo spots?! 😱 I don’t think there’s been that many added to a pack before. 🤔

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Gamer40008 wrote: »
    Hi guys I can’t access the live stream as my mobile is so slow but I wondered if anyone knew the answers to these questions about the pack before I order it.

5) Can adults place a cheerleading mat into there house and practise or use it to do with groups? The same applies for the American football can adults do this?

Sorry if I’ve taken your thread off topic catloverplayer I don’t really no what I’m doing.

2, 3, 4 — yes. 1 and 5 weren't shown in the livestream but I assume it will be possible.
  • Options
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Gamer40008 wrote: »

2, 3, 4 — yes. 1 and 5 weren't shown in the livestream but I assume it will be possible.

1 is another question I'm going to have to ask SimGuruPopcorn on Twitter.
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member

The way SimGuru George explained it, is they're taking into account different families you'll play, kids aging up mid-week etc. they want Prom to be accessible to all teens regardless of how early or late they get added to your gameplay. Also, apparently it's been confirmed by LilSimsie that each teen can only experience Prom once. Once they've experienced it, it disappears from the calendar. Also remember Prom is optional so you don't have to go until your sim is ready.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »

The way SimGuru George explained it, is they're taking into account different families you'll play, kids aging up mid-week etc. they want Prom to be accessible to all teens regardless of how early or late they get added to your gameplay. Also, apparently it's been confirmed by LilSimsie that each teen can only experience Prom once. Once they've experienced it, it disappears from the calendar. Also remember Prom is optional so you don't have to go until your sim is ready.

That sounds better than constant proms. We'll have to remember not to go until the end of the teen years though. I wish we could have just scheduled it ourselves.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member

Wait, HUH?? It disappears after you go ONCE?? The way (I think it was) SimGuru George said in his tweet it sounded like sims could go more than once. Hopefully it was a bug for Simsie. I play with aging off and I have a summer vacation to simulate multiple school years, so it'd be really disappointing for it to just disappear after going once... Every week is also just too much for me though. Like @telemwill said, I wish we could've just scheduled them ourselves. I feel like they make really weird decisions on what we can and can't customize 😕 I hope someone has some clarification on this...
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    lexibee wrote: »

Wait, HUH?? It disappears after you go ONCE?? The way (I think it was) SimGuru George said in his tweet it sounded like sims could go more than once. Hopefully it was a bug for Simsie. I play with aging off and I have a summer vacation to simulate multiple school years, so it'd be really disappointing for it to just disappear after going once... Every week is also just too much for me though. Like @telemwill said, I wish we could've just scheduled them ourselves. I feel like they make really weird decisions on what we can and can't customize 😕 I hope someone has some clarification on this...

Yeah that was probably a bug for her, SimGuruGeorge did say you can go multiple times.

• Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    @somewhsome Okay phew, thank you.
  • Options
    Phantasi33 wrote: »

George said his sim went to the prom 5 times in the game.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited July 2022

I suppose you could just pretend they're more like the weekly Sock Hop. Proms were the BIG EVENT in Senior Year, brought to the graduating class by the Junior Class, who sponsored it. At least back in my Day. Don't laugh I graduated high school in 1973. Things were very different. We didn't hire limos for the event, didn't run off to hotels to have woohoo, at least not the crowd I ran with. I am a firm believer you save some things for other major Events in your life. The limo is for the wedding, a life-altering Event.

Did they say there would be photos at the Prom? (And I don't mean the Photo Booth.) If we are allowed to edit, and I vaguely recall that being said. I'm going to put that photography set up in a corner with perhaps a balloon archway into it.

I got taken out to dinner prior to the Prom. There were six of us, all told, if memory serves. After the Prom, we went bowling. Have you ever tried to bowl in a Prom gown? I don't recommend it. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

I suppose you could just pretend they're more like the weekly Sock Hop. Proms were the BIG EVENT in Senior Year, brought to the graduating class by the Junior Class, who sponsored it. At least back in my Day. Don't laugh I graduated high school in 1973. Things were very different. We didn't hire limos for the event, didn't run off to hotels to have woohoo, at least not the crowd I ran with. I am a firm believer you save some things for other major Events in your life. The limo is for the wedding, a life-altering Event.

Did they say there would be photos at the Prom? (And I don't mean the Photo Booth.)

I got taken out to dinner prior to the Prom. There were six of us, all told, if memory serves. After the Prom, we went bowling. Have you ever tried to bowl in a Prom gown? I don't recommend it. LOL

I just wonder if there will be a Love Day dance like it is for rabbithole schools.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Shaving one's back hair is a must in our sims' lives... (I'm still cracking up over that one) :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Shaving one's back hair is a must in our sims' lives... (I'm still cracking up over that one) :D

I've got the cure for that one! Don't give them back hair to start with. LOL Eww back hair.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Not sure if this is a glitch. But I was watching James Turner latest video and he was able to have a teen in an afterschool activity and also a part-time job.

Initially when he chose the part-time job first it did not work. But after having the afterschool activity he was able to re-sign up for a part-time job after.

If this is a glitch, I hope they don’t fix it.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    After watching James Turner's video I have some questions.

1. Can we make trendi outfits for the opposite sex? Like if we play as a guy, can we make girl outfits? I want to play a guy so he shaves but I don't want to have to play 2 sims to make the trendi outfits.
    2. When we do a funny or mean message thingie, do we get the comedy or mischief skill?
    3. Can we make outfits for young adults? I like that a lot of the CAS outfits don't show so much skin, I'd love to use them for my young adult sims.
    4. Can we go to high school 4 years? If we can, can we drop out after 3 1/2 years or sooner if we get tired of playing the high school?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    @DragonAge_300905

1. They showed in the livestream you can make outfits for both as there is a button in the actual trendi outfit creator to switch between male and female.
    3. Lilsimsie confirmed that all clothes can be used on teen sims and up (so YA, A, E can use the items).

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    @Akl500P Thank you! I can't hear the gurus in the live streams, so I have to rely on the forums and game changers that use subtitles in their videos.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Not sure if this is a glitch. But I was watching James Turner latest video and he was able to have a teen in an afterschool activity and also a part-time job. ... If this is a glitch, I hope they don’t fix it.

Not a glitch, the order of joining the two is just a quirk of the game I guess! I currently use this order if I have a teen in an after-school activity and I also want them to have a part-time job. Activity first, then job :)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·