Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do the constant calls annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Meh, it's okay.
    Yeah, they can be a little irritating sometimes, but I can't say that it overly bothers me. As others have said though, I hate it when you have to go then and there. It's like when you get a call at say, 2 in the afternoon saying 'do you want to go to a nightclub tonight', but if you accept, looks like you're off right then and there. So annoying!
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited July 2022
    Meh, it's okay.
    They don't really annoy me but I do wish they'd be more relevant and less repetitive.
    I'm actually using a mod which adds more random texts/calls but I find these ones really fun because they actually consider a sim's personality and their relations. So e.g. a mean sim might send an insulting text message, a clumsy one a bunch of gibberish (then later another message to explain how they fumbled with the phone), while a father/mother might send a bit of money with an encouragement to "buy something nice" etc. All come with relationship gains/hits and moodlets (moodlets depending on your sim's personality).
    I hope we'd rather have stuff like that instead of "I heard you became friends with your toddler son, he's pretty cool". Like... bruh, wat? Then again, the sheer stupidity of some of them can sometimes be amusing.

I think currently I'm most annoyed with those career offers which are tied to your reputation. It's nice to have opportunities but they can get annoying when your sim is already at the top of their career and have no plans of switching, yet its' just constant bombardment. I also tend to get career offers which don't ever even fit the sim I'm playing (roleplay wise) so I just keep clicking Decline. I think there was only ONE time when the offer was so appropriate that I went for it. I recall Sims 3 had career offers as well but they were more relevant to your sim's current skillset etc.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    What also drives me insane is when an evil Sim gets a phone cal about being mean and having people not like me. Zip it, you're not supposed to like me- you are to fear me!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Other
    I am not really annoyed by the calls, but I rarely accept any invites because it's not the right moment. Also some of them make little sense, so I end up ignoring them most of the time.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2022
    Meh, it's okay.
    I like the calls, but the problem is they are always about sims that do not matter to me.
    A big problem is all these needless sims in our sim's contact list. Any sim who has a brief interaction with your sim is added.

It's way to easy to become an acquaintance in this game.
    If it were harder we might have less calls and have them about sims that matter.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Other
    Daephene wrote: »
    The career change calls and the "Hey I heard you're friends with your toddler now, that's cool!" calls are very annoying.

I don't mind the invites, except the "Want to go out tonight" at 1 in the afternoon and if you say yes you go right away. It's always my vampires too.

The Tale of Three Moons
    My sim once went to the Moons' house and seduced Bailey Moon while Bailey's wife and son were in the other room. After they woohooed in Bailey's bed, my sim asked Bailey to be his boyfriend. Bailey agreed and a couple hours later my sim got a phone call from Bailey's son congratulating him on becoming his married father's boyfriend!

Point of the story is sometimes those congratulatory phone calls can be hilariously inappropriate.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2022
    It's totally extreme.
    It's the reputation related texts for me and also the texts from sims that my sim doesn't even know congratulating me on making friends with other sims, they don't make sense and my sims are already employed, please stop it.

I don't mind calls inviting my sims out or sims that are from friends of my sims.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nope, I like it like this. I can party all night!
    You guys get calls other than "I heard you became friends with someone!"?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Other
    I've only ever found one, which just happened, annoying. Most of the time they are completely amusing. Like Sims my Sims don't necessarily know ask if they should have a baby. Most of those calls recently have come from my Sim's younger sister. Why is she asking her brother and not her husband? Doesn't the potential daddy have a say in this? LOL Sometimes, the finding of a ring in a purse, although weird (why is he foraging through her purse?) but it's actually worked out to my favor.

The one that didn't sit too well with me, is I've got a Flashback save going to take my Teen Global Superstar through high school. I got his family all set up, then placed the family of his future wife in town. So, I have to ask why she called Erik's next younger brother, Joey, about something they talked about before, and that she would see him at school? Gr. Mind you, nobody has met, with the exception of her parents being the Welcome Wagon to the Cantrell family. What is up with that?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    edited July 2022
    It's totally extreme.
    The game just gave me a notification about the festival. Why do I also need a phone call about the festival?
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited July 2022
    Other
    It's the should I go out with _____ or spend time with _____ calls that make me side eye.

Listen sims. I don't know. I don't care.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nope, I like it like this. I can party all night!
    The calls were already nerfed. I rarely get invites anymore and had to use a mod just to get invited somewhere. But since the invites were nerfed I get nothing but spam calls and job offers ☠
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    I hate the death calls and I want a toggle.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Other
    It varies. I'd prefer if you had to be actually friends with someone (instead of just an acquaintance) before that person calls you 1-3 times a day to ask if he should spend some time with that person or wanting to get together with that person.

"Friend, we passed each other by at the lab and I asked you about aliens. Our relationship bar is about 10% in the green. Why am I your life coach?"

They really need a "remove friend" feature, or at least allow me to block incoming calls on the phone.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Other
    I just put the phone on silence :)
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Meh, it's okay.
    I ignore a lot of the calls, so they don't bug me that much.
  • Options
    It's totally extreme.

How? That doesn't mean they don't call. :)
  • Options
    It's totally extreme.
    It varies. I'd prefer if you had to be actually friends with someone (instead of just an acquaintance) before that person calls you 1-3 times a day to ask if he should spend some time with that person or wanting to get together with that person.

"Friend, we passed each other by at the lab and I asked you about aliens. Our relationship bar is about 10% in the green. Why am I your life coach?"

They really need a "remove friend" feature, or at least allow me to block incoming calls on the phone.

I think they need to make it so only friends call, not every person you meet. Want Vlad to tell you how to be a vampire? Make the trek to his house and befriend him. Want to go to a festival? I don't need to be reminded, thanks- I have a calendar. And if my reputation is low, don't worry- I can check my reputation whenever I want.
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    edited July 2022
    Other

How? That doesn't mean they don't call. :)

You still receive the calls, you just won't hear them. Also the calls will not change the speed of the game if you are on auto speed 3. It auto ignores, you see the phone ringing so you can answer if you choose to.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Meh, it's okay.
    I really miss the ones to attend the party at the ruins. They seem to have nerfed that a few years ago. It was my favorite.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I like some of the invitations and story progression stuff, but most of the other ones (like the heard your friends with so and so or whatever) are just annoying. I also like the job offers that came with get famous, but I wish there was a way to turn it off for specific sims, a simple "this sim is not accepting job offers" tally we could switch on and off. I general, I wish that, 1: any contact was restricted to sims my sim is actually friends with, as a opposed to being constantly contacted by everyone they've vaguely met once (someone had an idea for afunctional "exchange numbers" so we could pick which sims could actually call us, which I think would be great), and 2: the frequency was adjusted. I shouldn't be getting 5+ random texts and invitations a day often from the same dang sim, often all on top of each other on after the other, there should be a cool down period that spaces them out a bit.

To sum up, I like the idea of them, but wish they were a bit more rare and balanced better so that they actually felt special, rather than just a nuisance. As is, I don't mind them TOO much I guess, but they could definitely be improved a lot.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited July 2022
    Other
    I generally like the calls but...

1. It can be annoying when the calls clump together or happen just when my sims are right in the middle of other goals (like a minute before finally reaching the next level of charisma that I do not enjoy leveling). The calls happen the most just at that point.
    2. I get the same few calls over and over, it would be a lot nicer to have the randomizer mix it up better or expand the call repertoire.

ETA:
    I do Not like scammer Bess Sterling calling, she needs to stop.

The nag call for going to the SW outpost could go away too, that one is not very helpful when you have just started a brand new game and your sim hasn't earned any simoleons or vacation time yet.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Meh, it's okay.
    I definitely notice them but it also means I'm helping shape things elsewhere in the game.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    I am invited to the houses of people I had one conversation with, but they don't invite you to the Windenburg raves any more.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited July 2022
    It's totally extreme.
    I have Neighbourhood Stories turned off, yet my Sims are still getting phone calls from Sims they barely even know asking for relationship advice. One of my own Sims even phoned up another about a sim he has never even met! Is this a glitch?

I have no interest whatsoever in my sim neighbours' relationships, unless they are my own Sims, and couldn't really care less what the NPCs do with their lives. Please, NPC Sims of the world, stop phoning my Sims about your ruddy relationships!

Ikkanu has enough on his plate trying to keep peace between the spirit world and the living, he does not have time to tell random acquaintances wether they should try for a baby or not. Have fifteen babies with six different partners for all I care. Just stop bothering my Sims! Or I shall have to send my spellcaster, Samphy, on a morphiating spree.