Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do the constant calls annoy you?

"Hey, wanna go duel with me in the magic realm?" "Wanna come to my birthday party?" "Let's go to the Humor Hijinks!"

IDK, am I the only one here who thinks it's extreme?

Do the constant calls annoy you? 159 votes

It's totally extreme.
47%
bshag4lvGoldmoldarOolonglongWedColorist40JueJueoveronbekisam123elly001asimbsimjustChrisUkZorgaPaigeisin5alanmichael1Flcty1969LizzychicagoWndblwzPinkSugar81mueller_lite 76 votes
Meh, it's okay.
26%
auroraael14CK213IcewolfSikoahGraceelanorbretonsimgirl1010NRoweloubyloulouKennziKaigeSimplyJentaydevSim2Sporeemerekiwi84papertongueannaliese39cyncieDoloresGreyEnkiSchmidtSheriSim57 42 votes
Nope, I like it like this. I can party all night!
11%
candystormPlayerSinger2010TheSpotted_Cwylmite1986billisrulzphantasmkissBabykittyjadeLadyKynRedDestiny92Bren91Hearts4uPeralRouensimsViolettaKimmerReaganbogantalongirl6flauschtrud 18 votes
Other
14%
crocobauraJaiSeaGalacticGalVenusABatsoncornflake88friendlysimmersJestTruHumility925LoriTSpCAPTAIN_NXR7PenguinFoopcatmando830DaniRose2143HopeyStarrSeashoreLiviahaisinDaepheneCelSimsCatzillaAdmiral8Q 23 votes

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    Yeah I've stopped answering phone at all with my sims cause theres just no end to the spam

probably missed some fun ones but like when 99%of it is some "i heard you're friends with your kid" kinda nonsense...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Yeah I've stopped answering phone at all with my sims cause theres just no end to the spam

probably missed some fun ones but like when 99%of it is some "i heard you're friends with your kid" kinda nonsense...

Those are the worst.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I kind of like the constant calls! It makes it seem more realistic to me. I don't always have my Sims answer if I don't want to do those activities though. It's usually pretty easy to ignore if you don't want to do those activities.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    It's very repetitive and distracting. It's okay when you want to play the pack that they are calling about but if you are playing another pack and have done these activities like visiting the City Living festivals a hundred times, then it's pretty annoying to keep getting calls to go to them.

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Meh, it's okay.
    When it is constant, yeah, I'm annoyed. Some of them are just ridiculous. Parents calling children to congratulate them befriending their own siblings is pretty unnecessary, for example. However, I am not always spammed.

That being said, I wouldn't want the whole system above removed, just more refined code. A lot of of the nuisances in 4 seem to be a product unrefined subject Sim pools.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    Where do I even start...

- There's too many calls and no way to turn them off. Muting the phone only takes away the sound, as the name of the function implies, but you still see every single call that comes in.
    - If your sim knows only one person outside their household, then that same person keeps calling over and over and over again to invite you to different places. It's ridiculous.
    - If you accept to go somewhere, you have to drop everything and go immediately. That's the main reason I almost never accept, not because I strictly don't want to, but because I may have other stuff to finish first.
    - I agree that the "I heard you're friends with your kid" calls are the worst. Especially when the kid in question is still a toddler that has never been outside, never met anyone, and the caller couldn't possibly know who they're talking about.

I do like it when they just call to talk, though. That could happen more often, because it's realistic and a subtle reminder that there's an outside world without pushing you to go anywhere. But those are actually the rarest calls.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Give me something that changes things up. Give me an invite to the flea market, ask me to party down at the ruins in the middle of the night, invite me to the circus just as I'm about to leave for work. Maybe I'll say no, but maybe I'll ditch work or decide this is more fun than sleep! It's the Sims, I can do whatever I want. :)
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    I do wish there could be a way to set a time to get together with others because it is all or nothing, you can't make plans for later, so if you're not available spur of the moment, it's a flat no. I also wish parties could be planned, then set up to happen at a day and time, later. The "plan a wedding event" caught me off guard because it really means " have a wedding right this instant". Or is that different with the new wedding pack?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other
    The absolutely meaningless ones (like congratulations on becoming friends with so-and-so, etc.) are very annoying indeed. But I like getting calls in general because I sometimes find emergent gameplay (and sometimes even unexpected story elements) from others. Calls have already been nerfed at least once, and we lost a lot of the ones I used to like. If they nerf them again I fear all that would be left would be the most universally annoying ones. :grimace:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Other
    The career change calls and the "Hey I heard you're friends with your toddler now, that's cool!" calls are very annoying.

I don't mind the invites, except the "Want to go out tonight" at 1 in the afternoon and if you say yes you go right away. It's always my vampires too.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Other
    other i would say thise calls get pretty annoying when your the type of player that wents there sims to relaxed at home and spend time with family
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    It's totally extreme.
    Daephene wrote: »
    The career change calls and the "Hey I heard you're friends with your toddler now, that's cool!" calls are very annoying.

I don't mind the invites, except the "Want to go out tonight" at 1 in the afternoon and if you say yes you go right away. It's always my vampires too.

Now I agree on this. Invites wouldn't be so bad if we can plan them. I can't celebrate a birthday without bringing a present, but I can't plan it, either. And vampires do need to be able to sleep.

Constant stuff like that drives me nuts, tho.
    It's totally extreme.
    I wonder, could they at least mute unimportant calls while Sims are sleeping? I would imagine it's a simple code like if Sim is sleeping, don't let the phone ring.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Meh, it's okay.
    It just needs to be taken down a few pegs.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm against EA nerfing down everything in this game.
    Let the calls happen, I like my Sims being social and invited to events & asked about whatever silly questions. Even if some of the Sims I play are loners and would prefer not to get these calls I (as a player) have the power not to react or just answer NO on those invites & questions.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,871 Member
    Meh, it's okay.
    I hate being interrupted irl so a little of that kinda bleeds through into the game... but the nice thing is, if I don't want to go out right this second, the person never has any hard feelings and I can always force invite them to travel somewhere with me later.

And yeah the calls congratulating us on being friends with our kids could disappear and I wouldn't mind.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Other
    I don't really get that many calls. I guess my family just isn't good enough to spam.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Meh, it's okay.
    I don’t really get them often enough to consider them a nuisance. Sometimes I’ll get several right in a row, then none at all for a spell. But, you know, that’s how it is in real life. I don’t mind getting them, though. It’s one of those things that makes my played household feel more connected to the world outside.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Other
    No... in general, they just don't bother me. If it's something I don't want to do or answer I just decline it and move on with my game.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Other
    I learned to ignore them. But I hope there's really an option to turn off that or something.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    Yeah I hate them to be honest. They are completely random and most times make no logical sense which ruins the immersion for me. For example one of my sims just broke up with her boyfriend by asking to be friends instead. Then I get a call from someone saying they heard I just became friends with that sim XD. It's like yeah duh?? We were dating for a while? So annoying.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    Calico45 wrote: »
    When it is constant, yeah, I'm annoyed. Some of them are just ridiculous. Parents calling children to congratulate them befriending their own siblings is pretty unnecessary, for example. However, I am not always spammed.

That being said, I wouldn't want the whole system above removed, just more refined code. A lot of of the nuisances in 4 seem to be a product unrefined subject Sim pools.

Yeah if there was a way they could just update the sim AI it would solve 95% of the sims 4 problems.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Well it depends on what I’m doing. If I’m
    Bored and in a part of gameplay where I don’t know what to do next they are very helpful. If it happens when I have a busy house of babies and toddlers etc then it’s annoying.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited July 2022
    It's totally extreme.
    I would like toggle to the different type of calls it could help with spam like say i didn't want festival invites but i wanted party invites or something i could just toggle off the ones i don't want at the moment

i like the invites but the thing is i don't really go to festivals and parties unless my sim lives in world they're held in/ my sims are vacationing in said world
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Other
    Some type of calls annoy me more than others. I like the party invitations, but I hate it when parents spam their kids with questions whether they should have a baby. I think I wouldn't mind it if they rarely asked it but they ask it way too often :grimace: