Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still Bored...

I am one of those "will not play until toddlers are added" players, and that's exactly what I did. I played when the game first came out, and then only sparingly since. Now that toddlers are here, I am trying to play again, but find the game boring. I LOVE CAS, and it is fun to try out the toddlers, but beyond that I feel like there is not much to do in the game. I have all TS3 expansions, worlds, and much of the store content... so maybe I am just spoiled? Did you find the game gets better after you purchased more game content? I'm not opposed to buying an EP, but I don't want to spend money if I'm still not going to enjoy the game. I'm wondering if it's the base game that is lacking, or it is just TS4 that I don't like. I REALLY want to like the game and it makes me sad that I can't enjoy it.

Comments

• Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Sorry you aren't enjoying the game. I like the expansions, stuff and game packs, but I hate to tell you to buy something if you aren't going to play with it. Here are my suggestions.

1) I would wait for a sale before purchasing anything. Then buy Get Together. You can have clubs for your sims and the new world is better than the ones from the base game. Dine Out is also a nice pack that can be used for family players.

2) What helped me was to recreate Sims that I liked playing with in the past. Currently, Holly Alto is engaged to Johnny Zest Landgraab. And Malcolm Landgraab is dating Lilith Pleasant. That sort of thing.

3) I also recommend downloading MC Command Center, if you aren't opposed to mods. That will enable story progression for you, as well as do some other nifty things.

4) Can you try playing only with T3 base game? A brand new save? If you still like The Sims 3 more, than that might be your answer.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    The game is two years on. Where was Sims 3 at two years? It didn't have pets or seasons. If you don't like the style of Sims 4 then I would suggest that you just leave it and go back to Sims 3. I hated Sims 3 and so I went back to Sims 2. I didn't buy anything for Sims 3 outside of the base game. But I wasn't upset about it. It is just the way it goes sometimes.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I never bought all the expansions for Sims 3. I just bought the ones I think I would use. Never bought World Adventures, Supernatural, Island Paradise, or Into the Future. I never felt liked I lacked anything because the expansions I had were great! (Too bad the Sims 3 sucked with so much lag for me)

With Sims 4, I would feel like I'm missing many elements to make the game worth playing and more fun if I didn't buy every Expansion/Stuff/Game Pack available. Honestly, if it wasn't for MC Command Mod (Sims 3 equivalent to NRAAS Story Progression Mod), I don't think I would play as much. It's sad that a 3rd party involvement has to keep me interested. But it is what it is. I'm not even into the Vampire craze but I will buy it just so my Sims will have more to do.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don't know... I was excited for toddlers too and I have every single EP, GP and SP. And I'm bored
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2017
    People need to stop it with the sims 3 vs sims 4.
    Poster posted about wanting toddlers and was bored with the game, then asks if sims 3 made them spoiled.
    I barely care about the sims 4 but I don't make every argument when someone mentions they didn't like x game.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    I wish someone who doesnt like ts4 and owns all of the sps and eps would send me their unwanted games for free <3
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited January 2017
    Just play TS3 if it makes you happy. Everyone likes different things. It would be a boring world if it wasn't this way.
    I love TS4 since the very beginning and I love it more and more with every new addition. It is just my perfect cup of tea.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    have you tried doing a legacy challenge? maybe that will help you.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Sorry to hear. Maybe ts4 just isn't for you...kinda like ts3 wasn't for me, tried as i may. I just did not enjoy it.

With ts4 i've found theres enough content to keep me playing for hours on end.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited January 2017
    @tyley
    tyley wrote: »
    I am one of those "will not play until toddlers are added" players, and that's exactly what I did. I played when the game first came out, and then only sparingly since. Now that toddlers are here, I am trying to play again, but find the game boring. I LOVE CAS, and it is fun to try out the toddlers, but beyond that I feel like there is not much to do in the game. I have all TS3 expansions, worlds, and much of the store content... so maybe I am just spoiled? Did you find the game gets better after you purchased more game content? I'm not opposed to buying an EP, but I don't want to spend money if I'm still not going to enjoy the game. I'm wondering if it's the base game that is lacking, or it is just TS4 that I don't like. I REALLY want to like the game and it makes me sad that I can't enjoy it.

if you don't particularly like the game how it plays with toddlers, then no additional content will help you overcome that
    it will help for a short time & then it gets boring again
    try to find out for yourself what it is that you miss, what makes the game boring for you, then you know what would help you to enjoy playing it

for me it was never really about toddlers, i didn't play the game for over 3 months now
    i am waiting that things i need to enjoy this game get added & i own several packs, 2 EPs among them, didn't improve the game, not really

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sorry that Sims 4 is engaging you or working out for you. :frowning: I think the core of the game is what it is, so it may just be the game is not fun for your playstyle or fun for you in general at its core.

Maybe you can try to get a pack when it is on sale? Or try a challenge?

If you're still bored with even a few more packs, then maybe, unfortunately, the game is not for you...? (I found out that Sims 3 was still not for me despite me buying tons of content for it and having mods, etc.)

I hope there is something in Sims 4 that will interest and engage you one day. But if not, there's no shame to prefer the previous game (and you can play multiple games of the series--no need to choose only one).

If you're a huge fan of open world, then I think the game may not satisfy you in that aspect, since I don't think Sims 4 will ever have a full open world.

It's really up to you to decide whether to let go of a game or not.

Whatever game you play, may you have a good time simming. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    maybe Sims 4 just isn't for you?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I quit TS3 after playing for only an hour or so of the basegame and went back to TS2. If it doesn't feel like your cup of tea, don't waste your money on it.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Buy some expansions then come back and tell us if you're still bored my friend.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For some folks adding toddlers is not enough being it is just addition of one life stage and anything else that missing is still missing. When the new GP and SP hits maybe it will bump up the fun a little bit for a little while. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2017
    tyley wrote: »
    Buying GTW, GT and probably CL (I don't have that one myself) certainly improves the game a lot. The basegame simply is terribly empty and boring indeed, the gameplay provided is not enough to enjoy it. If you want to give Sims 4 a proper chance you can't avoid buying additions for it, the game depends on it. I'm not a Sims 4 fan myself, but after I bought those additions at least I started to enjoy myself a bit while playing (one playing session more than the other somehow) because finally I had things to do. For me this game isn't about sims having unintelligible conversations - especially when the animations for that lack so much - and sims hugging and doing push-ups. I need more to enjoy myself. At least expansions provide that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    edited January 2017
    I ran into that road block but there's still so much I haven't done that I want to. I still haven't even built a rocket ship and went to space, or went to the hidden lot in outdoor retreat. It does need more places to explore where you can actually solve puzzles, like world adventures etc, besides fishing and finding boring collectibles. They also need to add a ton of new interactions with unpredictable outcomes to put life back into the game.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I would stick with TS3 if you enjoy it more, that is what I do anyway :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I would stick with TS3 if you enjoy it more, that is what I do anyway :smile:
    One can play two games though ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm tempted to say trust your gut and go with what you know you love. But there are also often draws out there for packs, sometimes even for not-brand-new ones. Maybe you could enter some to see if a pack or two that you didn't pay for livens the game for you :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited January 2017
    It is ok to get bored sometimes. Currently I'm a little bored of TS4, but I'm also bored of Cities: Skylines and Planet Coaster. I usually think of this as my mind telling me I need a break from being overstimulated :D
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I feel mostly the same to be honest... The Sims 4 is nice but I just don't seem to get that much into it... I do LOVE it's CAS and creating sims is my favorite thing to do in it, of course then I want to play these sims and I get bored pretty quickly...

If only I could play TS2 with TS4's CAS... that would be perfect... :p
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    In my humble opinion, buying more content isn't going to vastly change things. I'm kind of in the same position, except that I actually do own everything.

I was waiting desperately for toddlers and had gone back to ts3 for my enjoyment, then lo and behold! Toddlers arrived. But I am still fairly bored with it, and I don't think it's the content or lack thereof.

I was playing tonight and I am really happy with the toddlers, they have done them very well and they make a great addition to the game. They restore my hope for the future a little and even bring the game up a little notch. But the fundamentals of the game have not changed and that is where it is falling down. I have to force my mean, evil sims to behave accordingly, I have to fake some of the things I want to happen in the game, personalities are basically all the same, emotions are on a rollercoaster, nothing bad happens, there are no surprises and nothing to fear. No edge.

Toddlers are certainly fantastic, but if I had my choice all over again I would not have bought half the packs I own. I would say to keep your money for now and wait to see if they can up the rest of the game to the level they gave us with toddlers.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I love sims 4 but from the sound of it there isn't much to bring you back to it! Maybe wait untill a EP you really want comes out. I have everything and its by far my favourite game of the series.

Different people like different things, and there no point trying to force yourself!!

Wait for a sale and pick up an EP/Gp/SP your interested in.

I have to say legacies and challenges bring more fun to the game for me, I also like taking loads of screen shots and making stories. I think if I just played the game normally i'd get bored, i haven't been able to just play a family in a sims game since sims 2. I always have to create. half the time I don't even share my stories and blogs XD

I think thats why i like sims 4 so much. Even though its not open world there is so many secret nooks and crannies and beautiful scenery in the game. Great for story backdrops!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    TS4 is like marmalade, you either love it or you hate it.