Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EXTREMELY annoying freeze like issue.

Comments

• Options
    kmonicakmonica Posts: 47 Member
    edited October 2011
    I also experience lag issues since installing pets. Really hope for a fix soon :cry:
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited October 2011
    i have this issue too but i am going to give pets another go since i updated my video card today.hope it fixes it
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited October 2011
    This happens to me ALL THE TIME.
    I thought it was normal it happened so much.
  • Options
    Horsegal360Horsegal360 Posts: 17
    edited October 2011
    Well, when got the pets expansion pack, I could not do see a horse without having the freezing over the screen. Even if it's looking at it from a big distance it still freezes. I go looking for the unicorn to see its glowing lights and it freezes. I really wish the people who created this, EA or Sims 3, would hurry up with that patch I've been hearing about lately. :cry: I have a mac by the way and It has been freezing people with the mac too.

Someone, help, please :!: :?:
  • Options
    SamkateSamkate Posts: 228 New Member
    edited October 2011
    it may be because of memory space. i had the exact same issue, deleted a bunch of movies from my computer and then it ran fine the next time i played.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited October 2011
    Have any of you tried the resetSim cheat to see if it's just a simple matter of a Sim or pet being stuck somewhere?

It's: resetSim *

You must include the asterisk. This will reset every Sim in your town back to their homes.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited October 2011
    Have any of you tried the resetSim cheat to see if it's just a simple matter of a Sim or pet being stuck somewhere?

It's: resetSim *

You must include the asterisk. This will reset every Sim in your town back to their homes.
    I did that did not help any :cry:
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited October 2011
    every now and then I have that. for me, its when my computer gets too heated. I had bought a new laptop cooler for $40 and it doesn't even work that well. I ordered it online and it got a 5 star rating. =/

Ill have to buy a new one. That might be your problem too.

Unless you have a desktop.
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    edited October 2011
    Ive had the same issue to since i installed pets and i have 161 gb of memory free on my 'puter so i dont think its a memory issue.
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited October 2011
    My mom (who works at geek squad) said that she's had 29 people come in since the release of Pets saying their computers are broken, because their screen freezes when playing Sims 3 Pets. And she's told them all that according to what she's heard, Sims 3 will be releasing a massive patch to repair a bunch of problems. Now if i'd rely on Ea..Idk because when they 'FIX' stuff it usually means something else MAJOR breaks. Like my sims 3 My game was freezing because Lion and sims 3 didn't work together, I went back to snow leopard, Ea put a patch out, now people who have snow leopard have yellow sims. >.<
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    JueJueJueJue Posts: 80 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm having this issue also. My freezing always happens for and hour (Sim time) and happens between 10a-noon. It'll play for about 10 sim seconds then freeze for about 10 real seconds. This will continue for about 1 sim hour. I have Overwatch, plenty on space on my HD, and only store bought content. This started immediately after I installed and began to play. Makes game play annoying and I dread the coming sim hour.
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited October 2011
    Overwatch helped with the car spawning issue from LN, but that's different than what's happening here. (I downloaded Overwatch again, and it still happens.) Good mod, but it's not a fix for this new issue.

Is anyone having it in a neighborhood OTHER than Appaloosa Plains? I'm wondering if it's something to do with the new neighborhood because both issues I had were in that town (two different save files).

I'm thinking about trying it a third time and seeing if it happens again in Appaloosa Plains.
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited October 2011
    Is anyone having it in a neighborhood OTHER than Appaloosa Plains? I'm wondering if it's something to do with the new neighborhood because both issues I had were in that town (two different save files).

I'm thinking about trying it a third time and seeing if it happens again in Appaloosa Plains.

Yeah, I'm having it happen in sunset valley.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm playing in Riverview
  • Options
    Morbius98Morbius98 Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    AP was playable. Went to china and its so bad I'm frozen more then I'm not. It literally takes 1.5 hours to do what should take about 15 minutes. Outrageously unplayable and horrible. I'm just hoping it will clear back up enough to be playable once I leave china.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I was reading another post on this topic and someone suggested deleting store bought content then reinstalling it all. I figured I'd give it a try since nothing else had worked. I cleared my caches, reset my setting to factory reset, then uninstalled and deleted all store bought content (I don't use any player made cc). I then downloaded all store bought content again. I used Purchase History under the Store tab as opposed to the Dashboard Downloader simply cuz it was going faster that way. After everything was downloaded again, I reinstalled everything at once. After launching my game, which is 4 generations and a ton of sims, I only get the occasional hiccup now and it lasts about 2 seconds. This might be something worth looking into for others having this same problem if nothing else has fixed it yet.
  • Options
    tigerlily319tigerlily319 Posts: 559 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have Overwatch, have lots of available memory, tried resetting sims, etc. I still have that freezing. It happens every so often. I usually at that point go down to speed 1 or pause and just wait for the game to catch up. After a minute or so it will finally catch up and be back to normal. But it's extremely frustrating and interferes with my gameplay... :(
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm facing this issue as well.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited October 2011
    Add me to the list of having occasional freezing issues. I cleared out my cache files, downloaded the lastest drivers and restarted my pc. Now, today no freezing yet but I get some lag.

I had this same issue when Generations first came out. Hmmm. I also resetsim *. I am sure the freezing will return. It usually does. It had quit for a while right before I got pets.

I am hoping a patch comes along that will fix this situation.

I have an Nvidia GTX 260 card. Sometimes it sounds like it is chugging away. I wonder if I am going to have to upgrade. Anyone know of a better card or does it matter with the freezing issue?

• Options
    ClearaMorphClearaMorph Posts: 263 New Member
    edited October 2011
    My game would always freeze to unplayable at or just after 1 AM Sim time. Found out it was Nraas mods that were causing the problems and yes they were updated. I can only use them just long enough to make the needed changes I need/want, then I have to save the game, and quit and pull them out. I find it works fine without the mods; the only ones that are working are Shimrods mods right now that are updated to the latest patch. So it's either Nrass and or something buggy in the game that needs a patch.
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited October 2011
    Update: I took my sims to china and it ran fine for a few sim days then began to freeze again so it's not just in the base neighborhood :(.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    ArthaDemonArthaDemon Posts: 171
    edited October 2011
    I was having that problem constantly, especially in china - intermittant freezes. Now, it'll freeze, then the window will freeze - then my game will crash DX
    It's getting REALLY ******* tiresome to have to load the sims again and again. The problem lessened after installing the Overwatch ....
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm having the issue to, and I would have it sometimes even before Pets was released.

I don't have the overwatch mod, and judging by some of the responses, it looks like I don't need to get it, because it's a 50/50 situation. Now, the first family I played with after getting Pets didn't have the issue at all, and I played them in a big house I created. The issue is occurring with my second family, same house, but this time in Sunset Valley.

It seems to happen the most when she's fishing. I'll have to play it some more and see what's up.
  • Options
    sew340sew340 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited October 2011
    This isn't a permanent fix, but I find that pressing "C", taking a screen capture, fixes the problem and lets you resume gameplay. Does NOT prevent further freezes, just resumes gameplay.
  • Options
    wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    edited October 2011
    Glimmer50 wrote:
    Anyone know of a better card or does it matter with the freezing issue?

I have a GTX580, 12GB of RAM, i7 950, and a solid state drive to run it off. I'm fairly sure the freezing issue is not because of a lack of hardware. Something's going on with the game....unless Pets has really, really increased the requirements required :P

I've done a reinstall so I'll report back if the freezing starts again.