Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EXTREMELY annoying freeze like issue.

I have this glitch that causes the sims and time to freeze for a couple seconds. However the other animations such as trees, water and the plumbob spinning keeps going. In addition i can't move the camera or press any buttons until it resumes.
Sig.png

Comments

• Options
    LARA0673LARA0673 Posts: 167 Member
    edited October 2011
    i had this issue yesterday, it seemed to happen when my sim either had a party or something big happened on lot. Happened a couple of times, but seemed like a minute to me of how long it took to resume, however my game then died after a few freezes!!! not sure whats going on with that
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited October 2011
    Bump, because I'm totally hearing you! I released a world I made the night before I got Pets and installed it. After that I started experiencing lag in that world, didn't notice any in AP when I played that for a while. Been trying for the last week to fix the world (the thread to which is linked in my siggy) so I can put it back out again, working right! :P I'm reasonably sure now that it has to do with spawners though. Pets came with a bunch of new ones, add those to existing spawners and you end up with too many spawners, which can really bog down a world, causing freezing. When I start a new save the lag always starts around at the same time. However, I've removed roughly half of my spawners and wild plants, yet still I have lag. If someone knows whats going on Please Help! I'm getting crabby and a bit desperate to get this freezing business over with so I can be DONE with that world *sigh*
  • Options
    dollyloverdollylover Posts: 516 New Member
    edited October 2011
    :( sometimes mine freezes when i go into neighbourhood view, and when in house, yesterday I couldnt even get into windows,and the game froze so long I had to shut my comp off and start again. and sometimes the game just crashes.
    I always play with internet off, or sometimes the game won't start at all when I'm connected to the net. and it crashes to many times when connected to the net.
    please remind me. what are spawners??
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited October 2011
    Spawners = invisible boxes that you can add to worlds that spawn bugs, gems, rocks, etc.

I've had this problem twice, with freezing and/or crashing, both while playing in Appaloosa Plains.

The first one was a family which had zero problems until I reloaded it after saving; it said there was a serious error and to restart the application. That obviously didn't work because I'm still having the issue, but I am able to get into the family and play. However, my sim can't get married. I'm not sure what the issue is, whether it's that she's having a wedding party on a community lot or she's marrying the NPC firefighter (who then becomes an Ambitions firefighter), but when "processing" the wedding, it never actually finishes. I have to force close the game. So I count that save as dead.

I started a new family in a different Appaloosa Plains, and after a while, my family started freezing for a few seconds before they continued moving. This happened to me when Late Night came out because of the townie car issue, but downloading Twallan's Overwatch fixed it. So I downloaded Overwatch again and - nothing. It still freezes every couple of seconds, whether it's while playing the family or looking at the overhead town map. So that family is also dead.

On the other hand, I played a family I've had for a while (they live in Twinbrook), and I haven't had ANY issues with them. I wonder if there's a problem with Appaloosa Plains or something that came with Pets that is affecting other worlds as well.
  • Options
    HappyGaylordHappyGaylord Posts: 319 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have the same problem; actually, i was just going to write a topic about it, haha!

It happens for me like every 10 minutes and it stays frozen for 10-20 seconds each time; truly darn annoying!

Anyone know how to solve it?

//HappyG
  • Options
    standbyme059standbyme059 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Same issue.
    Played family for a while and all was fine. Then this issue started.
    I saved them to the library, house and all and started a new game in the same neighborhood. Freezing gone. But I really don't want to have to do this all the time. Pain in the butt!
  • Options
    xXBobLikesPiexXxXBobLikesPiexX Posts: 60
    edited October 2011
    This problem was in the game before pets even came out.. if you got too much stuff or too many things are going on at once the game does this. I made a family in AP and this started happening then I made that family in the original town from the base game and now the problem is gone.
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, it's really strange it can last anywhere from like a minute or more, or just a few seconds.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have this too, but I thought it was just me! Ahh. SOOO annoying!
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have the same problem. I assumed it was just in my custom made world. It seems restarting my game will help sometimes.
  • Options
    ottomoebillottomoebill Posts: 34
    edited October 2011
    As posted in MANY other similar threads... Twallen's Overwatch mod helps some with this issue... give it a try.
  • Options
    wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have the Overwatch Mod and have never had any lag.

Pets was working fine the last 2 days but then all of a sudden I got the lagging. Every few seconds it'll freeze for a few seconds. Basically unplayable.

Then for no apparent reason the game is running fine again. Hopefully it doesn't start freezing again :/
  • Options
    ninyxoxninyxox Posts: 93
    edited October 2011
    i'm having the same issue. it started freezing A LOT yesterday and I was so scared of it crashing cuz I didn't save it and my sim just moved. It froze for like 10-20 seconds.
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have the Overwatch Mod and have never had any lag.

Pets was working fine the last 2 days but then all of a sudden I got the lagging. Every few seconds it'll freeze for a few seconds. Basically unplayable.

Then for no apparent reason the game is running fine again. Hopefully it doesn't start freezing again :/

Ditto that. I have Overwatch and still have this problem. It certainly helped in the past but not as much with pets. I assume the game is doing something which I don't know about that causes it.

The fact that often restarting the application seems to have been fixing it makes me wonder memory leak but I haven't tested this yet. Will do soon.
  • Options
    wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    edited October 2011
    It just started freezing again :( As far as I can see nothing changes in the game (i.e. I didn't do anything new/different).

Restarting the game doesn't help for me. When I restart it's still freezing until it fixes itself.

I'm frustrated that I don't know how to fix it.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited October 2011
    Welcome to my world. Freezes no matter what world I am playing it freezes. And Twallans Overwatch is not helping though I wish it could. Its a bizarre mystery.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I have overwatch too an it's not fixing it either. I have already moved my sims to another save file but the problem STILL persists.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited October 2011
    I had this problem a long time ago, and unfortunately the only thing that fixed it for me was starting a new neighborhood, but I also haven't had the problem again since then. :3
  • Options
    Blood0rchidBlood0rchid Posts: 669 New Member
    edited October 2011
    EatChees wrote:
    I have this glitch that causes the sims and time to freeze for a couple seconds. However the other animations such as trees, water and the plumbob spinning keeps going. In addition i can't move the camera or press any buttons until it resumes.

I have the same issue.. only eventually it would not un freeze and I had to hard reset.
    Seems to happen when I am trying to get a horse near the fishing holes for me... I am sure it is something to do with our video cards...
  • Options
    VannathielVannathiel Posts: 55 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Mine is doing this as well. It was fine until I added a unicorn to the family.
  • Options
    Jenksy123Jenksy123 Posts: 10
    edited October 2011
    Mine hadn't been freezing until last night when I deleted my game and started a new one. It's very annoying and makes it unplayable :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Jenksy123 wrote:
    Mine hadn't been freezing until last night when I deleted my game and started a new one. It's very annoying and makes it unplayable :(
    I know it's so frustrating. somtimes i can like walk away for like 4 minutes and it will still be frozen.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    AmagirlAmagirl Posts: 2,525 Member
    edited October 2011
    I got that today and I thought it was my cc so I deleted it all
    Well there goes all my CC :lol:
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited October 2011
    The first day I played everything was smooth.
    The second day I suddenly had this 'few seconds freezing'every 5 minutes you speak of.

It started right after I created some collections of my own.
    This could be coincidence ofcourse.
    The third day the freezing was practicly gone again :/
    It feels like it freezes on writing away data or something.

I hope it stays away now because it is very annoying indeed.

I have a clean install of the game + all EP's, no cc and just one
    mod (no memories mod)
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    Kelly3221Kelly3221 Posts: 905 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Mine will freeze too for about a minute at a time. It doesn't happen very often, but it's still a pain nonetheless.