Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Anyone Else Wondering This? And What The Heck Are You Doing To Me?!

Comments

• Options
    JadenThornJadenThorn Posts: 753 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Nattie wrote:
    JadenThorn wrote:
    cantapoupe wrote:
    JadenThorn wrote:
    Nattie wrote:
    I guess I'm in the minority. I don't care what people are doing with my simself.
    (700 posts, yay8))

Yay congratulations on 700!

I want 700 :(

Me too! *high fives cantapoupe back*

I high fived you.
    *Feels rejected*

When was this? *hugs and apologizes* *high fives as well*
  • Options
    ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    SoggySoap wrote:
    actually, with the new (crappy) ts3 launcher, the game detects any custom content and removes and replaces with a maxis made mesh. sucks, doesn't it?

CC doesn't come with Sims. You have to have the CC for it to show up.
  • Options
    ChylaChyla Posts: 3,270 New Member
    edited August 2009
    JadenThorn wrote:
    I'm on it! :lol:

lol!! Make it snappy! Get it? :mrgreen:

I want to see lots of Chyla deaths! Be inventive.
  • Options
    cudleybabysimcudleybabysim Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, it would be nice to know what happened to any Sim that I created, but then again, maybe I don't want to know :evil: :lol:
  • Options
    DanceofmasksDanceofmasks Posts: 1,301 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Chyla wrote:
    I've noticed when I say something deemed controversial or nasty on the forum my sim self (which changes frequently) gets more downloads. I assume I'm being burned to death in a fire.

They could be hot for you
  • Options
    ChylaChyla Posts: 3,270 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Chyla wrote:
    I've noticed when I say something deemed controversial or nasty on the forum my sim self (which changes frequently) gets more downloads. I assume I'm being burned to death in a fire.

They could be hot for you

That's because I has an attractive moodlet. Moodlet_Attractive.png
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited August 2009
    I've wondered what was done to the sims I created too. They haven't had a lot of downloads but they have had a few.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    DanceofmasksDanceofmasks Posts: 1,301 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think I'm in a different boat ...

Sims are electronic data .. they can be copied .. but mine don't.
    'cos when they're unique, with a unique story, it's a lot more satisfying to snuff them out of existence.
    Them and their uniqueness.
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have wondered this myself too.
  • Options
    karrizmakarrizma Posts: 252 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i'm definitely curious what the 10 people that downloaded my updated simself today are doing with me in their games
  • Options
    lilmisfit1987lilmisfit1987 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited August 2009
    i have wondered this myself. I myself don't download other people's sims unless I think they're purdie enough to marrying into the legacy I'm working on at the time.
  • Options
    ZzephyrSZZzephyrSZ Posts: 610 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I do like to think that the majority of the people who've downloaded Carry are being nice to her and letting her have all the babies her little heart desires, but I don't really care one way or another. :P Maybe I would feel differently if she was my simself, but I don't have one and don't plan to, so eh.
  • Options
    SharkloverPlayerSharkloverPlayer Posts: 2,849 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I download a lot of peoples sims off here.If you look at my favorites in my profile half of them are downloaded.
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Only 2 people downloaded me :cry: Although one of them was me, LOL because I lost my simself when I restored my computer.

• Options
    LisaBooThaWeirdoLisaBooThaWeirdo Posts: 3,827 New Member
    edited August 2009
    my simself has been
    DL 232 times
    [im scared to know
    what these ppl are doing to me]
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited August 2009
    I download a lot of peoples sims off here.If you look at my favorites in my profile half of them are downloaded.

After you wrote this I just had to look and see if any of mine are in your list. I did find the first one I ever made there. Thank you. I don't know whether you downloaded her or not but even if you did that was so long ago that she is probably dead by now anyway.

ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    my simself has been
    DL 232 times
    [im scared to know
    what these ppl are doing to me]

It's no wonder your selfsim is so beautiful.

Here is what I did with 2 more peoples selfsims on here.

Ben Bell and Jope 2 of the first sims I downloaded are married.Bell works in the athletic career.Bell was made by the real Ben Bell.He's listed as GDP or something and he's in my favorites
    Screenshot-392.jpg

Ben and Jope before the slight makeover I gave them.I used the feathered hairstyle from the store for Jope in the above picture and just removed Bell's lipstick and stubble.Yes he came with lipstick.
    Screenshot-300.jpg
  • Options
    shalynn_marieshalynn_marie Posts: 134 New Member
    edited August 2009
    agreed! I'd love to know what the 104 people are doing with my simself. I think it makes it weird because of how much she looks like me lol. Lets just hope its not torture...
  • Options
    LisaBooThaWeirdoLisaBooThaWeirdo Posts: 3,827 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aww
    :oops:
    im blushing over here
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Deleted by sharkloverplayer
  • Options
    Kjsplosion1Kjsplosion1 Posts: 645 New Member
    edited August 2009

I too checked to see if you had favorited any of my Sims, and you did! It was the second version of my Schmoozing Beauty. I don't know whether you downloaded her, but I am appreciative that you liked her enough to favorite her. :D

Anyway, I've never put my Sim-self on the Exchange, so I don't care too much about what people do to my Sims. Although, the 'Glam Teen' that I uploaded several hours ago already has been downloaded 73 times! I honestly have no idea why you Simmers like her so much, I don't think she's even that pretty, lol.

Edit: Omg, this is my 444th post! :shock: Three of the same number is spooky..
  • Options
    karrizmakarrizma Posts: 252 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i've been downloaded again, lol...my "new and improved" simself is more popular than my old version. i wonder if its just cuz people think they'll get the custom content with the download...
  • Options
    vidkid20vidkid20 Posts: 3,735 New Member
    edited August 2009
    this is only the first day and my pink hair sim/avi has 14 downloads. is it the same people downloading me. my other one has 14 too. humm...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Deleted by sharklover
  • Options
    DewmzdeighDewmzdeigh Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've never made a simself.. so not really :?

My sims are like my baby's though. So I do get curious what's happening to them, but I've only ever seen 2 pics of my sims in other people's game.