Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 3 WORLD ADVENTURES: Official Info & Screens Thread

Comments

• Options
    KeylimepieKeylimepie Posts: 1,078 New Member
    edited August 2009
    "Why did you choose China, Egypt and Paris rather than other places?"

Are these the only places? ):
  • Options
    JukeboxJukebox Posts: 325 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes i just saw the miltary base picture, Ea might of made that place. And might of done the same thing with this. In von boyage, did you explore the pyrmids? I don't remember.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Keylimepie wrote:
    "Why did you choose China, Egypt and Paris rather than other places?"

Are these the only places? ):

I hope not, then that we be a BIG let down, come on EA if you want us to keep playing make more adventures, or atleast let us make our own vacation spots!!
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I knew it too many things were coming up with that as the next ep. Now it's official. I think they did those places cause 1 they haven't before and 2 they thought it would be cool to switch it up a bit. I was kinda hoping weather was included but from what I've seen so far nothing has mentioned it.
  • Options
    sim_jpsim_jp Posts: 583 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I really hope it's better than Bon Voyage...and I hope that they're not gonna break their promise about the game being seamless.

But 1000 simpoints seems great! :D I knew they were gonna include more points in their expansionpacks!

And of course, I agree that there should've been more basic stuff added in the 1st EP, or animals, but okay.

All in all, I'm not so impressed.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm hoping for some rain forest or mountainous adventures.
  • Options
    SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited August 2009
    SimCrazy wrote:
    Have your sims read the newspaper, its obvious the first EP was a vacation one!!
    Cuz there is an article that says Twikkii Island anmed #1 Vacation spot. Sumthin like that! OMG so excitteddd!!!

Twikki Island is a reference to The Sims 2 expansion pack, Bon Voyage. That was one of their destinations.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Idk, I just think that it is cool for my sims going flying!
  • Options
    DglfDglf Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2009
    I hope they have Italy!!
    (I'm Italian. ;))
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Jukebox wrote:

Flight attendant/tour guide would be an awesome job :3
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Keylimepie wrote:
    Jukebox wrote:

Flight attendant/tour guide would be an awesome job :3

Yeah! :mrgreen: Also imagine, if you can move to like Paris and stay there forever! Also it would be cool becuase you would have a legacy one in china and then the next hier lives in Eygpt!!!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited August 2009
    I wonder how this will deal with ageing. Will the hometown age while your sims are gone?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Keylimepie wrote:
    I'm hoping for some rain forest or mountainous adventures.

Yeah, me too.
  • Options
    AlyssizzleAlyssizzle Posts: 314 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ok I'll admit it - I was really hoping for a farm expansion pack at some point. LOL..

I think it would be fun to have animals and barns and raise livestock etc and write stories based on a farm life..
  • Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I wonder how this will deal with ageing. Will the hometown age while your sims are gone?

I hope so! id be annoyed if they dont cus itd feel like the sims 2 again :p imo anyway.
  • Options
    pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited August 2009
    I was really really hoping for an ep that would expand the original towns like a Nightlife/OFB combo that would add more shopping more non-rabbit hole community lots and maybe let us own our own busineses.

I'm not sure if I like this idea, but then there have been EP's that were announced in Sims 2 that when announced I thought "no way" but when they came out I ended up loving them.

I'm just not sure about the whole Egypt, France, China thing. I mean the destinations are great, but I thought the concept of the game was that these were Sims living in Sim Land.... Not the real world. I hope they don't actually refer to the locations in game as a real world destination but something like they did in Bon Voyage where it was Takamizu Village but it was obviously a Asian location.

Either way I will buy it because I'm obsessed with the game and the pic look really amazing. I'm just surprised they chose a vacation EP as the first and didn't first work on expanding the locations already in game.

• Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hmm, I hope they add an airport to Sunset Valley, that would be sweet 8)

Seriously though, the single worst part of going on holiday was it taking ages to visit anywhere. Leaving your hotel was a misery and now it'll be epic.

It's no surprise to me that the seamless neighbourhood would lead to an EP that can really take advantage of it, and there isn't one that would do more than Holidays.
  • Options
    janko1031janko1031 Posts: 132 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Why only 3 locations why not mountains and tropical island? I hope there will be sea and many beaches in Egypt so our sims can swim there.
  • Options
    Rockermonkey999Rockermonkey999 Posts: 1,953 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I love the pics! Keep em coming EA your convincing me!
  • Options
    janko1031janko1031 Posts: 132 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Tenshi3 wrote:
    Hmm, I hope they add an airport to Sunset Valley, that would be sweet 8)

Seriously though, the single worst part of going on holiday was it taking ages to visit anywhere. Leaving your hotel was a misery and now it'll be epic.

It's no surprise to me that the seamless neighbourhood would lead to an EP that can really take advantage of it, and there isn't one that would do more than Holidays.

You are absolutely right, I really hate Bon Voyage because of loading screens. Every expansion has much more potential in Sims 3 than one from Sims 2.
  • Options
    ScrogdogScrogdog Posts: 929 New Member
    edited August 2009
    pandora4co wrote:
    Either way I will buy it because I'm obsessed with the game and the pic look really amazing. I'm just surprised they chose a vacation EP as the first and didn't first work on expanding the locations already in game.

I agree.

However, perhaps some of the expansion will spill over in to existing towns. For example, if there's an island with beaches and swimming, then it would make sense that we'd be able to swim at the Sunset Valley beach going forward as well.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited August 2009
    This pack looks really really great! :)
    However, I don't think I will be getting it as it would slow my game down even more. It just about runs ok at the moment, without adding an EP to it. :(

Oh well, hopefully I can afford a new comp soon, but I doubt it.
  • Options
    AlyssizzleAlyssizzle Posts: 314 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree - I purchased Bon Voyage but only took my sims on vacation maybe 5-6 times... because of the intense loading screens, it would take me a decade to get anything done at all.
  • Options
    Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks. I've been dying to know
    what the first EP was going to be!
    ...I hope it's interesting...
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited August 2009
    Holy son of a gun...That looks...Amazing!

I am actually looking forward to this EP now. It looks epic! Oh my goddd. xD. This is so awesome.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.