March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1 day create a world, pass it on, updated page 18-19 +

Comments

• RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi Drowssap, I was wondering if I can be moved to the 17th? School just started for me and I usually get home at 4, then I have homework etc. But I know that I'll be free on a Saterday.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,583 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi,

I'm in for the fun! Whenever... :mrgreen:
  • WyndhaneWyndhane Posts: 383 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Alright, I'm calling it quits. I won't manage fixing those opacity maps before midnight anyway. :x But I will get them yet.

I:
    Overview.png
    - "mostly fitted" the borders to a distant terrain I thought appropriate for the shoreline. There's a few spots (three, I believe) that still need sculpting work for distant-terrain-compatibility.
    Mines.png
    - made mines. Why mines? Because it does not make sense to me for gemstones and precious metals to randomly lie around on the floor of a city. >_< IF NOTHING ELSE, YOU'D THINK THE NPCS WOULD PICK THEM UP AND SELL THEM.
    They are also defunct. Because they are flooded. Because of all the underground rivulets in the area, which is also where the borderline excessive amount of waterfalls comes from, in case you were wondering.
    This could make a neat "tomb". A flooded mine. Hm.

- maed roads. they are terrible and they don't make sense in some spots and the colors don't fit together in others. inasfar as my opinion matters, they were made for a freeware project and are freeware themselves. Recolor them, alter them as you please, throw them against walls, replace them entirely, dress them up in children's clothes and shout insults at them, put them in little glas ***** and stare at them in a very disconcerting manner, I don't care. Have fun. o_ô Mind you, *very little* of the textures has been made from scratch - they're mostly bits and pieces of EA textures resized, stretched, recolored and combined with one another.
    ... I ought to read up on copyright laws since I'm starting to distribute stuff. :x
    Road2.png
    Road.png
    Road3.png
    MagnoliaRoad.png
    Sadly, two of the four roads you will find in CAW suffer from Ill Fitting Intersections-syndrome. I've marked the two with usable intersections with a "(intersections)" in their name.

*1 - this part is actually the street base texture and can be swapped with any other without ever needing to open a paint program. :D I thought the idea neat.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f3jjnnzzjgm24nj street files, kept separate on the off chance some lurker wants to snatch the road textures without having to download the much larger world files. :o

http://www.mediafire.com/?oninw0z2y4wjzjy world files for the next person

There's so much terrain painting left to be done. :x But I'm a mediocre painter at best, so I'd like to leave that chore to people who are actually good at it. I encourage repainting the mine area, should anybody wish to. ::cough::

Try and keep the layers orderly! I'm sure it'll save somebody down the road some confusion.

I'll lurk around for a while more. Somebody test the download links and tell me if there's problems?

edit: why on earth does "g l 🐸🐸🐸🐸 v a s e s" get censored?
  • meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2010
    let me know when I can jump in towards the end of the project. What day are we on? 3rd day of the project? May I have Aug 1st? so far it looks beautiful.
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm on my phone so it's hard to scroll up but hopefully you'll all be able to see which parts are directed at who. I will change this in the morning wen I gave access to a pc

Yes I will change the date for you no problem :) thankyou for letting me know

+Rflong in very happy you'v decided to join in :)
    I shall put u down for the date that's just been changed, butnletnmenknknow if you want is different date, using the calendar to keep trac of everything

+the roads look amazing btw, don't worry much about the road with the opacity map, you've done lots for one day, I shall add the pics and links up on the first page in the morning, thankyou for doing this :) I'm happy about how this is turning out, the worlds deffinelty getting more and more shape to it

And yes that's fine :) I will put ur name down for that date

Again sorry if there is any insane spelling mistakes my phone haas this autospell correct
    :shock:

I will tidy this message tomorrow :)

edited July 2010
    'twas a pleasure. :D And I got a lot of EXP for it. <3

Do the download links and files work?
    edited July 2010
    bump for the update, sorry it took so long, only now i got the pc,

and i cant test the links out until tomorrow sorry :( because im on my bfs pc, and he dont have the sims installed but hopefully if MomSonSimFun is still up for this one day CAW file, they'll be able to confirm if its working
  • MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm... Apparently my post didn't go on. Well, I downloaded it and it is working. I'll have it up by the end of the day. I'm working on the beach area.
    edited July 2010
    So, it's custom roads? From my experience they will mess up if I do anything to them without the files and I don't want the files.

Oh, well. I don't know what I'll mess up anyway. :shock:
  • EgmondvonSchitzelEgmondvonSchitzel Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    So, it's custom roads? From my experience they will mess up if I do anything to them without the files and I don't want the files.

Then you don't do anything to them :roll:

Anyways, we've still got 22 days left not filled in... not all of them will be needed of course, but we won't make it in 8 days neither :?
    Except if everyone starts working really hard from now on
    Soooooo... what's the plan? :D
    edited July 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:

Anyways, we've still got 22 days left not filled in... not all of them will be needed of course, but we won't make it in 8 days neither :?

Thanks, but I just might. Pffft~ No need for eye rolls. :lol:

Why are we doing anything if people are going to change what was done? I rather go last then to have the most fun. :P

*Which was to mean- I am not going to mess with anything someone else made. :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

Thanks, but I just might. Pffft~ No need for eye rolls. :lol:

Why are we doing anything if people are going to change what was done? I rather go last then to have the most fun. :P

*Which was to mean- I am not going to mess with anything someone else made. :lol:
    The eyerolls weren't meant in a mean way :?
    And people won't ever change everything that was done... or atleast I hope they won't... I hope they'll only add stuff until there's really nothing left to do :D
    There's enough left to do for the rest :-) If not, you can always make some more houses...
    So if you're last, it might just be there's nothing left to do except making houses...
    edited July 2010
    So, during the day I had this world, my main focus was terrain paints and the beach area. I added some small hills and cliffs to the beach, and also I changed the color of the basic grass to something prettier and more interesting. I did my best to not paint over any terrain painting others had done. Here are the world files: http://www.mediafire.com/?legnemdenz3hqcu
    Also, here is the link to the terrain paints I used. I don't know if this is required or not for them to work, but they can be downloaded here: http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=385025 You just need the grass and sand textures for what I did.

Here are some pictures:
    [img]http://i28.tinypic.com/30vhxy0.jpg "width=600 height=400"[/img]
    [img]http://i32.tinypic.com/zska6s.jpg "width=600 height=400"[/img]
    [img]http://i31.tinypic.com/8vyzix.jpg "width=600 height=400"[/img]
    edited July 2010
    Wow, you did all that in a day ?! :shock: it looks great, the beach are looks loads tidy'r, I shall update the front page tomora,
    But also thankyou for adding to this world :)
    It's really coming along now, pleased about how well this is coming together
    edited July 2010
    I just briefly skimmed through the above comments, my phone doesn't like scrolling up for long :?

But as for changing others work I don't see anyone doing massive changes because it's sort of inconsiderate of the original creator, if someone were to do a massively over the top difference and i mean it becoming a land locked desert world or something completely different then we'll have to see what others think,

I'm starting to think that of not many others want to join that everyone can go twice, but we'll see I will update this tomora, but Rflong ? Are you still up for the next day or would you rather another day :) ? it's up to you
    I'm happy with how this world is coming along so far, as for road files Iv been under the impression that they sort of attach to the world file regardless or not if they are saved elsewhere, as in 'sunset valley_lite' one of the textures 'grass medium detail' is on it, but it's no were else on the pc, but if you do encounter any issues with the road files or anyone else, perhaps this should be something we could discuss

Sorry of my message is messy, I'm typing on my phone and little parts of text disappears

Edited be use of my awful spell correct
    edited July 2010
    Thanks, Drowssap! I'm glad you like what I added. I had fun doing it, and would be fine with working on it another day if we can't find any more people.
  • meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2010
    How can I add an image to this?
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited July 2010
    Hi, :mrgreen:

I don't mind going next.
    I don't know what it needs- the connection to the distant terrain, trees? Gawh- :lol: I don't want to place trees and limit the next person...The more that's done the less to do but build houses. Can't mold the town without lots being placed. *(I'm not asking for ideas, more like speaking out loud.)

I thought the road textures stayed too but they don't.
    It's a Cache thing- there but only a shadow.If I decide to work on an area of the map and want to change the sidewalk texture and I go try it the whole road texture will change because I don't have any files.
    Sunset Valley uses textures in the Game- they are there even if we don't have access to them in CAW.

It's not that I don't like the roads, it's I don't want CC files. I just won't touch them, is all.

.... :shock: I know I sound whinny but this game gives so many headaches without me adding to them. :lol:

Tell me when...

edited July 2010
    So tired :( must of woken up about 100 times last night, ugh it's 7am
    Well it's up to you I don't mind what you do, just do what you feel most comfortable with, I don't mind if you were to place lots now, as alot more of the terrain has been painted, oh gosh I'm tired :( , you can do as much or as little as you like you could decide to just focus on one little area, it's up to you :)

I must go back to sleep for an hour or so, so I will add more to this message wen I wake up

I didn't know that about the roads, is it the same with custom terrain :?

• water_cat1water_cat1 Posts: 751 New Member
    edited July 2010
    ohh what have we here? :lol: This looks really nice. I would love to join in, but I'm a bit busy for the next while :( .

I'm not sure about the ability for custom roads to transfered from one to another, I know that terrain textures stay with the world and can be place if you dont have the files, the only thing is you dont get a preview in the menu.

I'll be watching to see how this goes, wish i could be more help :(
    edited July 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi, :mrgreen:

I don't mind going next.
    I don't know what it needs- the connection to the distant terrain, trees? Gawh- :lol: I don't want to place trees and limit the next person...The more that's done the less to do but build houses. Can't mold the town without lots being placed. *(I'm not asking for ideas, more like speaking out loud.)

I thought the road textures stayed too but they don't.
    It's a Cache thing- there but only a shadow.If I decide to work on an area of the map and want to change the sidewalk texture and I go try it the whole road texture will change because I don't have any files.
    Sunset Valley uses textures in the Game- they are there even if we don't have access to them in CAW.

It's not that I don't like the roads, it's I don't want CC files. I just won't touch them, is all.

.... :shock: I know I sound whinny but this game gives so many headaches without me adding to them. :lol:

Tell me when...
    Right... now :mrgreen:

Also, I don't understand your problem with downloading some small files :?
    If you didn't type all of that stuff about road textures, you could have downloaded them already

Good luck :D

And to watercat: there's a download link to all somewhere in this thread, download them and you'll have your supergreatmenupreview :D
    Also this will be going on for up to a month, I'm sure you've got one free day :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2010
    Right... now :mrgreen:

Also, I don't understand your problem with downloading some small files :?
    If you didn't type all of that stuff about road textures, you could have downloaded them already

Good luck :D

And to watercat: there's a download link to all somewhere in this thread, download them and you'll have your supergreatmenupreview :D
    Also this will be going on for up to a month, I'm sure you've got one free day :?

Sigh~ I don't want them. You don't have to understand my reasons. :shock:
    edited July 2010
    i get it, im avoiding custom content, meshes and so forth, just depends what one would consider CC, i dont consider patterns custom content, but anything added to the game is.. really, also perhaps Rflong is just avoiding them because she feels they slow her game down, or like i have done in the past, wanted to keep the pc clean from un-necessary files either way i think we should stay on topic because i dont want this thread to get argumentative, if Rflong7 does not wish to download them thats fine with me :)

but Rflong? are you working on this world today ? or would you rather any other day ? p.s i undertstand if you would rather not do it at all, because of the issues

@ water_cat great to see you drop by :)! im pleased with how this world is turning out, hope it keeps up, if you do find the time though your always welcome to join :) (as well as everyone else ;) hint hint )

i shall update everything now, just got off the bus, 5 hours :shock: got soaked in the rain before getting on too :( oh :(
    edited July 2010
    ::blink:: Well, then just replace them entirely, make some roads of your own, place the shadowy-roads "blind" with reference to the pictures or don't do anything concerning roads at all. I think that about sums the options up, no? :O
    I'm not sure if there's a limit on how many different roads you can have in the same world, but if there is, we have yet to hit it in this project, so adding your own roads seems quite sensible to me. I like road-diversity in worlds, anyway. :D

I'm up for a second day (or even third) also, in case we don't get enough additional volunteers. :D

Far as changing things others have done goes, my vote goes to "DECORATION VALUE HAS PRIORITY". Feel free to change and add to anything I've done, provided it looks better afterwards. I'd feel pretty snubbed if somebody completely erased everything I did, but let's face it - I had the third day, there's plenty of things to come afterwards and if we leave every section of every different person adding to it completely as it is, the world will end up looking very mismatched. Like a patchwork rug maybe. :O
    According to the spirit of the project, this wouldn't actually be a bad thing, but... but... DECORATION VALUE!

Shoreline looks good, btw. :D I like the grass paint, too. It fits in well with the distant terrain.

But - what? Custom roads with textures I didn't have - or terrain textures I didn't have for that matter - always loaded fine for me, provided I didn't try to edit the terrain texture or road. :O It's only then that they check the drive for the files, I thought? Did this change with the patch? o_O
    My only experience with this was with Bakafox's DIY Tropical Paradise world, though... so, uh, I dunno? o_O
    edited July 2010
    Wyndhane wrote:
    ::blink:: Well, then just replace them entirely, make some roads of your own, place the shadowy-roads "blind" with reference to the pictures or don't do anything concerning roads at all. I think that about sums the options up, no? :O
    I'm not sure if there's a limit on how many different roads you can have in the same world, but if there is, we have yet to hit it in this project, so adding your own roads seems quite sensible to me. I like road-diversity in worlds, anyway. :D

I'm up for a second day (or even third) also, in case we don't get enough additional volunteers. :D

Far as changing things others have done goes, my vote goes to "DECORATION VALUE HAS PRIORITY". Feel free to change and add to anything I've done, provided it looks better afterwards. I'd feel pretty snubbed if somebody completely erased everything I did, but let's face it - I had the third day, there's plenty of things to come afterwards and if we leave every section of every different person adding to it completely as it is, the world will end up looking very mismatched. Like a patchwork rug maybe. :O
    According to the spirit of the project, this wouldn't actually be a bad thing, but... but... DECORATION VALUE!

Shoreline looks good, btw. :D I like the grass paint, too. It fits in well with the distant terrain.

But - what? Custom roads with textures I didn't have - or terrain textures I didn't have for that matter - always loaded fine for me, provided I didn't try to edit the terrain texture or road. :O It's only then that they check the drive for the files, I thought? Did this change with the patch? o_O
    My only experience with this was with Bakafox's DIY Tropical Paradise world, though... so, uh, I dunno? o_O

I don't know what :blink: means but back at 'cha. :lol:

Yes, that is the issue- changing them. I can not alter them. I like the patterns but I think invisible sidewalks can give the players problems. Players can now add lots and will try to line them up with them road- over the sidewalks that don't show. People like driveways to connect to the street and walkways to connect to the sidewalks.
    I would like to add a sidewalk to the dirt road so the lots in the marsh/swampy area will line up. I can add a new road but I like minimal stuff added. I have added 2 textures already. :lol:

It's not really a problem for me- just my silly opinion.

While I don't mind touching someones work, I will not erase it. I have actually touched a few things but I am not moving or changing the layout of their work.

To me- Functionality has priority.

If I give offense then I don't mind dropping. It will not hurt my feelings nor make me all mad. I do understand people who can work together- I just wasn't one who worked well in a group. It's a control issue and totally on me. I keep trying though. :lol:

So, I'll drop out next round... or do you want it now? I've only worked on it a few hours. :mrgreen: