Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summers off?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I doubt it also, but it might be something that can be done with the new calendar or custom holiday feature. I’m thinking we could add a few “holidays” in a row or something like that to make a summer break.

Looks like we can!
    iwDcfFj.png
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I doubt it also, but it might be something that can be done with the new calendar or custom holiday feature. I’m thinking we could add a few “holidays” in a row or something like that to make a summer break.

Looks like we can!
    iwDcfFj.png

I can not express how excited this makes me :D
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Looks like we can!
    iwDcfFj.png

Same :D
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    My only complaint is that they've combined work & school. They really need to separate the two.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    My only complaint is that they've combined work & school. They really need to separate the two.

True, that would have been nice. Sometimes, kids have off school for holidays while their parents don't have off.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member

Yeah I would have preferred it being separate. I plan to use this feature to homeschool my kids in some saves. But it’s better the what we currently have to do so so I won’t complain much.

~ ~ ~
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I agree I wish it would have been separate ... but I am glad we get it. I will definitely make use of this often. I wonder if this calendar will work on vacation for the same purpose or if the kids/adults need to take vacation days to go.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I agree I wish it would have been separate ... but I am glad we get it. I will definitely make use of this often. I wonder if this calendar will work on vacation for the same purpose or if the kids/adults need to take vacation days to go.

I'm thinking that if it's a holiday, no vacation days will be needed. That's what I'm hoping, anyway. Save that time for non-holidays.
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I think I saw somewhere that a guru said we can make a holiday and make it as long as we want. So summer vacation has to be set up by us and we mark it with days off for the event.

I'm going to do summer vacation for two weeks.
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    I wonder if it is one calendar per household or if each sim in household can have their own personal calendar? If that's the case, the kids can have summers off while parents continue to work. Otherwise, if it's just one calendar per household, guess it will not work as well. I would just name all days of summer "Summer Break" for the kiddos and let them get away from the endless homework for a while.
  • Options
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    I wonder if it is one calendar per household or if each sim in household can have their own personal calendar? If that's the case, the kids can have summers off while parents continue to work. Otherwise, if it's just one calendar per household, guess it will not work as well. I would just name all days of summer "Summer Break" for the kiddos and let them get away from the endless homework for a while.

Follow this thread for all confirmed information in the pack:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940199/seasons-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1
  • Options

Follow this thread for all confirmed information in the pack:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940199/seasons-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1

Thanks! Will check it out!
  • Options

That's good to know, so now I can force all the sims in my world to dress up like hot-dogs, streak and woohoo in bushes? :D:D
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

That's good to know, so now I can force all the sims in my world to dress up like hot-dogs, streak and woohoo in bushes? :D:D

Don't forget the new leaf pile too :smiley:
  • Options

Don't forget the new leaf pile too :smiley:

True. It's a cool feature though, being able to make the whole world celebrate your bizarre and fun holidays. A holiday where everyone is mean to each other and gets in fights? That would add a lot of drama to the game. Maybe woohoo is a tradition :D
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Sounds like what LGR would do.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm gonna create Leisure Days in the summer. Kids and teens will get at least 3 days off. Kids will also get Winterfest eve and Winterfest off, as well as Harvestfest.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

Looks like we can!
    iwDcfFj.png

Same :D

This might just bring me back to sims 4, I am debating if I should download Seasons, it looks so nice. But I don't send me kids to school in sims 3, and it had been rally hard to keep them out of school in sims 4, had to watch the clock. Now maybe I won't have too. I will keep watching and see if anyone can do this. No School. ha ha would love it.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I've set it for summers off now, plus a "break" in every other season. My game is on long life, so it's not hurting their school performance & it's a lot of fun!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I prefer both summer and winter breaks tbh.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    creedlescreedles Posts: 60 Member
    You could make them yourself in the calender, but you'd have to make the seasons 28 days long, I made 14 holidays called "No School", but that also means adults will be on holiday from work too. The calender is pretty fun to play with, make up your holidays and name them and such and choose the themes.