Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does the rain make sims angry?

The reason I'm asking is because it is raining in Willow Creek, and so far my sim has been at three different community lots, and a lot of sims are angry. They are cussing, and trying to clam themselves down at a mirror. So far I have counted 7 different angry sims on 3 different community lots all in about a 4 hour sim time.

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    This seems like a bug. As far as I can tell a sim's reaction to rain and thunderstorms is based on traits. Sims who love outdoors like the rain and don't seem to get tense during thunderstorms. But to have most sims on a lot angry during a storm seems odd. Does the lot have the mean vibe trait?
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I know some sims might not like the rain due to their weather preference. Most sims seemed to enjoy the rain with others being pretty irritated
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Thunderstorms make Sims tense, so does having a broken umbrella when it’s raining. Haven’t seen them get angry though.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    My sim gets uncomfortable from being in the rain without an umbrella.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Sims can declare hate for rain so if it rains they'll become angry.
    Also, thunderstorms make sims tense unless they have bought storm chaser trait.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Sims can declare hate for rain so if it rains they'll become angry.
    Also, thunderstorms make sims tense unless they have bought storm chaser trait.

I bought both the storm chaser and waterproof trait for my gardener Sim since she spends so much time outside.

I noticed one NPC Sim stomping around angry -- but you'd be angry too if the game forced you into a clown outfit. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    My kid Sim expressed a hatred for wind while discussing weather preferences, and now gets angry every time it's windy, even if she's indoors. Its not an overpowering moodlet, however - other things like a well-decorated environment and fresh veggies will outweigh it.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the good news is that you can change their preferences after they're set, just by telling another sim 'oh no, the wind? i'm actually pretty cool with it after all'
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    the good news is that you can change their preferences after they're set, just by telling another sim 'oh no, the wind? i'm actually pretty cool with it after all'

::g:: I've noticed that the mother, who hates rain, only gets an uncomfortable moodlet if she actually gets wet, but she has the 'loves the outdoors' trait. (I'm rather impressed that they thought to code this for the outdoorsy Sims - she's not bothered by thunderstorms, either. When she has a 'tense' moodlet, it's because I've kept her inside to stop her getting struck by lightning.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    love the outdoors and erratic both seem to love storms on their own (though i did buy the never tense trait for my whole main household ages ago, and the stormchaser trait as soon as seasons dropped). had an erratic vampire who spent all her time outside when storms hit and loved it. she didn't love outdoors and she had no reward traits since was totally unplayed before the pack was released. never once complained about the storm, or getting wet. and got a bonus happy moodlet when struck by lightning.
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    I really like the game, but there are things I’d like to see added or changed.

Spiral staircases

No more smelly leaf piles. This was a bad idea, guys.

Preteen age group. It’s a big jump from child to teen.

It seems to be a recurring theme where situation outfits are forced on us. The most recent occurrence came with the Seasons EP. Many of us spent hours, days even, adding weather specific clothes for the cold and hot categories only to see our sims wearing wacky, tacky outfits using every single CAS category in walk-by situations. This is never a good idea. Please don’t do this anymore.

Why does everyone have to be afraid of thunderstorms? I have to buy the storm chaser trait for everyone so my whole household doesn’t experience tense moodlets during storms. Can you change this?

I’d like interactions that make sense depending on the relationship between sims. If two sims dislike each other, they shouldn’t be autonomously nice to each other when they see each other.

Only parents should be able to take calls from their kid’s school or be asked advice. I made butlers and nannies for some of my households, and they get calls from the schools too. They shouldn’t be able to handle parenting situations.

Ability to ask npc kids not to make a mess. It’s so rude for them to come to your house or go to public places and pour paint all over the floor/ground. The only way to make them stop is to reset them.

Also, can you make kids learn not to make a mess? Even when their responsibility is maxed and they’ve been told repeatedly not to do it, they still make a mess. Dogs can learn not to wake up sims, play in garbage, and drink from the toilet. Kids should be able to learn that it is wrong to pour paint on the floor, am I right?

Pretty please add cars and the ability to go for a ride in them. It would be great to be able to drive to your friend’s or date’s house and pick them up, even if it still involves a loading screen. I’d at least like to see them get in the car, drive out of their driveway, and down the road. Then after the loading screen, we’d see our sim driving up to their friend’s/date’s house.

Option to go for a walk or a jog with another sim.

Option to swim in the bodies of water that exist throughout all the worlds.

More pants options for male sims that look like pants men would actually wear. So many of the pants are skin tight and look like they were made for women. And what’s with all the capris?

Pool items, like slides, beach balls, floats, loungers, beach towels that sims can lie down and tan on, and volleyball.

Careers: actor, director, pop/rock star, teacher, real estate agent, architect, model, fashion designer.

Ability to form a band and practice and play songs together. And I mean real Simlish songs, or songs that they’ve written. I don’t want them to sound like a jumbled mess because they are all playing something different or they aren’t in sync.

Also, add more instruments, like drums, bass and electric guitars.

More options for songs that sims can write, like pop, alternative, and rock. The songs sims can sing on the karaoke machine are much better than the ones they have the option to write.

Beach destination with activities/items like swimming in the beach, relaxing on floats, beach chairs and towels, jet skis, boats/yachts that sims could sail and party on, boat houses, scuba diving, building sand castles and beach volleyball.

Rollerblading, riding bikes, and skateboarding as activities that we can click on our sim and have them do (like going for a jog).

When sims dance together, they should actually dance together. Sometimes they are on opposite sides of the room or not even facing each other. Also, slow dancing would be great.

More music options for DJs to play in the dj booth, or even the option for them to play the radio station songs. The dj music gives me a headache after a while, but I like having a dj in the booth at nightclubs.

Winter vacation destination with activities like skiing, sledding, building snow forts, and ice hockey.

More hair styles for toddlers and children.

Revamp of break ups. Right now the only options are to ask to just be friends or to end the relationship by breaking up after becoming enemies and hating each other. I don’t mind either of those, but I’d also like the option to break up without them almost killing each other first. For the ask to just be friends, I’d like my sims to be sad afterwards, like when sims get divorced.

Also, previously when sims would break up (ask to be friends) they would still walk up to each other and kiss. I don’t know if this is still a thing because now I keep my sims away from their exes in order to avoid these aggravating encounters. But if it is a thing, please fix it. It causes unwanted drama between sims and their new partners if they witness them kissing their ex.

Ability to see all relationships in household so parents can invite their kid’s friends to parties without first having to be introduced to them.

Ability to set dress code for parties. Sometimes I want a casual party and I have to use a cheat to change all the outfits for guests so they aren’t overdressed in party outfits. But if they leave the lot during the party (which I will address in my next suggestion), they come back in the same overdressed party outfit as before, and then I have to change the outfit again.

When sims are at club gatherings, on dates, at parties, or are simply hanging out at someone’s house, they often leave to go for a jog. Please, please, please stop this. I’m begging you.

Can we get rid of the greeting hug? When sims are eating and I want them to have a conversation with each other, they first stop eating, get up to hug each other, then start eating again while standing and talking. Just let them remain seated and start the conversation instead. This also happens in other situations as well. Sims don’t need to stop everything they are doing just to hug each other before they can have a chat.

I don’t understand the angry greeting of sims. They sort of growl and scowl at each other as if they are about to fight, and then they start talking as if they are the best of friends. Please put an end to this interaction. It doesn’t make sense.

Can we stop the auto-queuing of nice interactions? If sims are having an argument or if a parent is reprimanding their child, it ruins the game play when they immediately start a friendly chat right after.

Reasonable bills when the thermostat is on. One of my prominent sim families lives in a large, three story house with a basement. Their weekly bills are around 60k. They can afford that from their weekly investments alone. But one week there was a heatwave, so I turned on the air. The bill for that week was nearly $300k.

Please end the overkill on everything. If a person has the guitar skill, they are constantly stopping an action to play the guitar. If they have the painting skill, they constantly go and paint. If there is a computer, they constantly want to play games or chat. If there is a bar, they want to make drinks all the time. Even at parties, the auto tend bar action messes up my gameplay. Sims that are attending the party keep trying to tend the bar even though I’ve hired a mixologist. If there is a game table in the house, the play card game action is constantly queued. I’ve started locking doors for game rooms so my sims will no longer stop an action I’ve set in order to play a game.

Also, please tone down the breaking of objects. In one day, both the washer and dryer, a sink, a toilet, and a shower broke in one household. I put higher quality appliances in my homes, but it doesn’t matter. They all break. The dryer in one household breaks or catches fire every day even though I clean the lint tray. I don’t want all of my sims to have handiness skill because it doesn’t fit in with my game play. Also, I don’t want to have to call a repair person multiple times a day. So instead of calling a repair person, I’ve just started replacing the objects. But this adds up, so I have to use cheats to replenish funds from all the stuff that keeps breaking. But we shouldn’t have to use cheats to have gameplay that makes sense.

Ability to ask hired sims to complete a specific action. Sometimes they show up to a lot and just stand there for hours. I once had a mixologist join in the party and start dancing instead of tending the bar. I made her leave and hired a new one, but the same thing happened again.

Stop teens from autonomously doing homework. When my teen invites his buddies over to hang out, sometimes the npc teens start doing their homework. If I stop the action so they can actually hang out and have fun, the teens leave their homework on the table. They don’t put it back in their inventory. So then I have to delete the homework because otherwise it just sits there forever. When I switch households and play the teen that left behind his homework, I have to buy another homework book.
  • Options
    ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    The only time I have seen my sims angry is when I declare what their preferences of weather is. My current sim gets real angry every time it get windy, and for some reason, it makes me chuckle.
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    So sorry! I added my post above to the wrong one by mistake and can’t delete. I meant to add it to the suggestions post. :(
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Some of my sims show anger that I think relay to weather. Mostly during rain, but I think I've seen them swearing (orange symbols even when not raining).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    I admittedly haven't noticed this (yet), but will keep an eye out for it! I have noticed that unlike some of the past installments where we've had weather, sims definitely appear to react more toward the different types of weather in different ways in comparison.