Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All Newcrest games broken

I had the More Traits mod, along with the "Add Traits In Regular Menu" addon. More Traits was not broken by the Seasons update, but Add Traits was, which I didn't know at the time. I was playing as a family in Newcrest, and tried to add a trait to a stray dog. The game generated hundreds of Last Exception messages at once and everyone froze, so I restarted the game, but stupidly decided to save.
Now whenever I play that family or any family in Newcrest on that save, even when the mod isn't installed, the first noticeable thing is that the current weather/temperature and weather forecast are blank. When I press play, hundreds of Last Exception messages are generated every second, as well as other strange bugs (such as one sim autonomously queuing up so many "Talk To Sim" actions that it trails off the top of the screen)
I haven't seen if Newcrest is bugged in any other games. I've tested it without some recently installed mods to see if they were causing the problem and it was still happening, so I doubt it's a mod problem.
Other things I've tried include:
-Playing a different household in Newcrest, same save. Same bug happened.
-Moving the same household to a different lot in Newcrest. Same bug.
-Playing a different household in Willow Creek, different save. No bug.
-Playing a different household in Willow Creek, same save. No bug.
Oddly, the current weather and weather forecast icons will come back if you play a Willow Creek save and then a Newcrest save.
I really want to keep my household in Newcrest, as I'm doing the Build Newcrest challenge so it's crucial to the challenge that I can play in Newcrest.
Has anyone else got this problem? From the same mod, or other mods?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    The first thing I'd try is removing all mods and deleting localthumbcache.package and then testing the save.
    If the save works from there, then you just have to figure out what mod(s) are causing the problem.

If it doesn't help, then try repairing the game.
    If repairing the game doesn't help, then you might have to recover a previous save via the save manager on the main menu.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    AuroraCelerySimsAuroraCelerySims Posts: 39 Member
    I didn't even know I could recover a previous save! That worked, thank you so much!