Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worth it?

I haven't bought Seasons yet - I was thinking about installing it tomorrow but I'm afraid that all of the bugs that have come up with the Seasons patch are so bad that it disrupts gameplay. Is it still worth it to play the game despite the issues?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    If you’re not annoyed with things not working the way they should and things that used to work properly no longer working properly, then sure! Get it!

If you think that would irritate you, then wait for a patch that fixes the issues. There are plenty of threads up here detailing multiple problems introduced with the patch and game.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Ona_SimmerOna_Simmer Posts: 60 Member
    > @PlayerSinger2010 said:
    > I haven't bought Seasons yet - I was thinking about installing it tomorrow but I'm afraid that all of the bugs that have come up with the Seasons patch are so bad that it disrupts gameplay. Is it still worth it to play the game despite the issues?

I haven't seen any bugs so far and the expansion is worth it, And remember they will fix the bugs as they are reported.
    Origin Name : Ona_Simmer

HC9IknO.png

• Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Of Course it's worth it. It feels like it had been way more bigger than City Living!!
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I think its worth it, and I've not seen any bugs. Keep in mind that everyone's game is different thanks to mods and cc, and also the computers they are using which may cause errors to if they can't handle the game. I remember when everyone had glitches when TS3 Island Paradise was released, yet I had none. So its never definite that you'll experience the same glitch. You can wait for a patch if you want, there should be one out soon to fix the issues, as they knew there would be some.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2018
    Part of me wants to say that the people who "haven't had any bugs" just aren't paying close enough attention, but I know I can't possibly speak for everyone like that. What I will say though, is that a lot of the bugs have been identified as real issues by the development team themselves.. so let's maybe not attribute the bugs to people's computers, or their mods and CC so quickly.

If the issues with the pack get ironed out in a reasonable amount of time, then I think it's worth it. If it ends up becoming City Living 2.0 where we end up having to wait a year for major bug fixes, I'd say either buy it cheap or wait for a sale.

I will say that bugs and all, I do think it is a good addition to my game
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Part of me wants to say that the people who "haven't had any bugs" just aren't paying close enough attention, but I know I can't possibly speak for everyone like that. What I will say though, is that a lot of the bugs have been identified as real issues by the development team themselves.. so let's maybe not attribute the bugs to people's computers, or their mods and CC so quickly.

If the issues with the pack get ironed out in a reasonable amount of time, then I think it's worth it. If it ends up becoming City Living 2.0 where we end up having to wait a year for major bug fixes, I'd say either buy it cheap or wait for a sale.

Bugs happen in all the games and yes I notice them but I don't care because I am having fun. So yes Seasons is worth it because it changes the game with weather. Unless you like eternal summer which I don't.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Bugs happen in all the games and yes I notice them but I don't care because I am having fun.
    I'm incredibly thrilled for you!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Yes. Feels like a whole different (and better) game!
  • Options
    Ona_SimmerOna_Simmer Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2018

Honestly the only bug I had was when the swing swinging when no one was on it, it wasn't even fright-feast yet
    and It was only because I reset my sim when she was on it because she wouldn't get off.
    Origin Name : Ona_Simmer

HC9IknO.png

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Joey_XuX wrote: »

Honestly the only bug I had was when the swing swinging when no one was on it, it wasn't even fright-feast yet

The swing set moved even when no one is on it? Was it windy? If intentional that’s kinda nice
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I think it's worth it. I love the atmosphere it brings to the game.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Less you have some mods that haven't been updated with the pack none of the bugs I've gotten have been really game breaking.

I've been having a lot of fun with this pack. Weather is such a big game changer and really sets the atmosphere compared to previous expansions. Sims react appropriately to the weather, it's nice when rain actually interrupts any plans you might have made with your sims as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Less you have some mods that haven't been updated with the pack none of the bugs I've gotten have been really game breaking.

I've been having a lot of fun with this pack. Weather is such a big game changer and really sets the atmosphere compared to previous expansions. Sims react appropriately to the weather, it's nice when rain actually interrupts any plans you might have made with your sims as well.
    Haha knowing me I would probably make my sims still go out. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Bugs happen in all the games and yes I notice them but I don't care because I am having fun.
    Is that suppose to be sarcastic because I was being honest. I have supported this game from day one and sometimes I might play and think sims don’t have enough to do to keep me invested in playing but Seasons changed that. So yes I have a hard time playing this game and I haven’t been the biggest fan of the last stuff pack the last game pack or even the last expansion pack. Meaning I hate Jungle Adventure I dispise Cats & Dogs and Laundry Day isn’t my favorite. My First Pet Stuff I like some of the things but it wasn’t worth paying extra for pet stuff.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It's worth it to me because I enjoy the bigger challenge of gardening when you have to pay attention to the seasons unless you have a greenhouse. And I've noticed small things as well. I forgot to add a thermostat to my Sims' house, it was day two of Spring and they got a light flurry of snow. My Sim mom and daughter automatically spun into their cold weather gear to warm up, and Mom autonomously lit the fireplace! Finally a use for fireplaces other than just looks. That made me happy for some odd reason.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Haha knowing me I would probably make my sims still go out. :joy:

Same, had my Sim accept a dinner date and soon as I got to the other lot it was raining and not only that there was a sim that spawned next to them just showering in the rain naked and just so happened to be the waitress. :confounded:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Is that suppose to be sarcastic because I was being honest.
    No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I think it's great (for you) that bugs don't affect you, and I'm happy for you. :)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's a giant change to my game and I wouldn't play without it anymore, no matter the bugs. I've had a couple of sims acting weird which was fixed by removing the interaction and one game crash ( :s ) which happened in build mode and may have been caused by seasons or a pool with MOO items, I don't know.
  • Options
    JoFCUKJoFCUK Posts: 11 New Member
    what bugs have people had so far? I have noticed that my NPCs aren't changing into cold outfits and therefore dying in the cold. I don't know if that is a bug though or intentional. Kind of annoying either way, at this rate I'm not going to have any NPC's left by the end of winter pfft
  • Options
    JoFCUKJoFCUK Posts: 11 New Member
    I think so, been waiting forever for seasons ha
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    The pack is wonderful have no fear downloading it. (Except a few bugs but they don't bother me and my gameplay much)
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Sweeties29Sweeties29 Posts: 47 Member
    I have bugs but it is DEFINITELY worth it. I honestly do not know how people can dislike this expansion. It's my favorite so far, it makes me so happy.. The graphics are incredible and so detailed. Love the thunderstorms. The snow is beautiful. Haven't played with Fall or Spring so I'm pretty excited to explore that! There are so many things to do and even with the bugs you can still enjoy the game. Besides I think they will fix it soon. Seasons is amazing.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    It depends on what you want out of it, The price I paid(real cheap) was worth the price and not the full value. Some believe the pack is not worth the full price because of the lack of fullness of certain features and some believe it is worth the full price. For me it is not too bad and not above average, I like the calendar, greenhouses and some other items.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    It depends on what you want out of it, The price I paid(real cheap) was worth the price and not the full value. Some believe the pack is not worth the full price because of the lack of fullness of certain features and some believe it is worth the full price. For me it is not too bad and not above average, I like the calendar, greenhouses and some other items.

The greenhouse came with a patch not seasons. It was in preparation for seasons but it was only glass roofs we had the rest of the items to make one.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

The greenhouse came with a patch not seasons. It was in preparation for seasons but it was only glass roofs we had the rest of the items to make one.

Thanks for the info but still glad to get greenhouses.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen