Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons: How Do I?

Though it would be nice to have a thread for asking questions if you can't find an appropriate thread.

How do I use the weedsucker? I though when weeding the it was used automatically. My sim is still weeding by hand. She's only level 2 so maybe it requires a higher gardening skill?

lVuMD7k.png

Comments

• Options
    fabricnut85fabricnut85 Posts: 3 New Member
    it is a higher level. I don"t remember which but the pop up said that I could weed a larger area now and then it used the weedsucker
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Must be a higher level. My gardeners did it right away! So fun to look at lol.

What lots are the rinks on?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    How do you get an umbrella when your sim is on vacation? I loaded it up like that and he got uncomfortable after a bit. I had to send him to dance in the cantina with the lovely locals.. poor guy.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    How do you get an umbrella when your sim is on vacation? I loaded it up like that and he got uncomfortable after a bit. I had to send him to dance in the cantina with the lovely locals.. poor guy.

you can't just add an umbrella rack somewhere?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    mari_c1mari_c1 Posts: 74 Member
    is there a limit to the amount of holidays?
    sappy himming :)
  • Options
    Other questions: do some holidays just randomly appear? Cause I'm pretty sure I had that happen but I can't remember if this is a confirmed thing?
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Other questions: do some holidays just randomly appear? Cause I'm pretty sure I had that happen but I can't remember if this is a confirmed thing?

I think they do! I'm sure the Gurus mentioned random holidays appearing and they said you will have to see for yourselves when you play it. :smile:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

you can't just add an umbrella rack somewhere?

I don't like to use build cheats normally but I just put one in the Cantina, duh I wasn't thinking about building on the fly in public place.. should have been sleeping and not playing last night lol.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options

I think they do! I'm sure the Gurus mentioned random holidays appearing and they said you will have to see for yourselves when you play it. :smile:

Thank you!! Glad I'm not crazy and made a holiday, then forgot about it 2 secs later :D
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member

Thank you!! Glad I'm not crazy and made a holiday, then forgot about it 2 secs later :D

Out of curiosity, can you remember what the holiday was? :smile:
    giphy.gif
  • Options

Out of curiosity, can you remember what the holiday was? :smile:

I think it was the talk like a pirate thing. I can't look til 15.30 xD
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    mari_c1 wrote: »
    is there a limit to the amount of holidays?

The limit, IIRC, is the number of days you have, one per day :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    My game just gave me a prank day. Need to do things associated with Mischief Spirit in a couple of days.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    At Level 10 gardening skill your Sim will be able to vacuum the weeds rather than pull them by hand. They are also able to harvest and sell everything in the garden all at once. Gardening is now easier as far as caring for the plants but keeping track of which plants produce in any given season is going to take some work when it comes to remembering everything. I was pretty confused earlier when I was playing around with the new gardening tasks. And be sure to keep your bees free of mites or they turn mean. LOL Seriously.
  • Options
    how do i start as a legacy sim like with no money
  • Options
    jazminesarahjazminesarah Posts: 44 Member
    How does gift giving work and presents under the tree? Do I put things in my inventory first?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    how do i start as a legacy sim like with no money

This may be helpful.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/791454/tips-for-a-successful-legacy-challenge

• Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    Is it possible to order flower bouquets for presents?
  • Options
    HotSusieluHotSusielu Posts: 14 New Member
    All of my leaf piles have the green stinky smoke floating around along with bugs flying around it. Is this normal as fall progresses? They did not start out like this and setting fire to the pile did not stop the stinky look.
  • Options
    altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    At Level 10 gardening skill your Sim will be able to vacuum the weeds rather than pull them by hand. They are also able to harvest and sell everything in the garden all at once. Gardening is now easier as far as caring for the plants but keeping track of which plants produce in any given season is going to take some work when it comes to remembering everything. I was pretty confused earlier when I was playing around with the new gardening tasks. And be sure to keep your bees free of mites or they turn mean. LOL Seriously.

It's definitely before level 10 that you can use the weed vacuum. I think my sim was level 5 or 6 when the patch came out and he used it. Also, I'm pretty sure it's level 8 where the super sell interaction is unlocked and you can sell everything at once. The new gardening is great!

• Options
    sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    Do the food stands automatically have vendors in that season? I tried to test a community lot I added seasons items to last night but I think perhaps I was in the wrong season and didn't realize it.
  • Options
    so whenever i schedule an event on a certain day, it always moves it to a completely different day like a week or 2 away, why does it do that and how can i change it?
  • Options
    so whenever i schedule an event on a certain day, it always moves it to a completely different day like a week or 2 away, why does it do that and how can i change it?

Unfortunately that's a bug.

You can keep an eye on this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942274/the-calendar-is-bugged-cant-schedule-ahead/p1
    And ideally "me too" this HQ thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Planning-events-using-the-calender-not-working-for-long/td-p/6878063
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited June 2018
    where do I find the roller rink and ice rink? My sim's in Brindleton bay. I haven't found it yet.
  • Options
    Kayla_ElaineKayla_Elaine Posts: 2,240 Member
    Is there a way to send my sim's children trick or treating?