Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening Information

peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
Ok so i know sites like SimsVIP has some of the information but im working on my own form for personal use. I'm getting the average from each seed pack, may even average the chance for each type of plant. Im testing exactly how far some of the "larger area" interactions actually go, I have already leveled up and written down all the card texts, Im researching each plant type in game finding the information at all levels of quality also to see if the price on this changes. ill also do a smaller version of this when seasons comes so the question is who would be interested in this info. If there are people who want the full break down when im done i can post it here or link to somewhere else. I know the info may all be out there but i like double checking and making it in such a way i can understand it.

Edit for new readers this is only about gardening this guide like thread will NOT have anything about Flower Arranging.
Post edited by peoinee on

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    I'd definitely be interested. Suspect my gardener doesn't have enough skill for the large area interactions yet. He's just shy of level 5.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I'd definitely be interested. Suspect my gardener doesn't have enough skill for the large area interactions yet. He's just shy of level 5.

Rank 1 - Plant, Water, Weed and Harvest Can purchase Starter seed packs, can Sell all, and sell specific plant type
    Rank 2 - Research Gardening on the computer, Research individual plants, Information in the Notepad on the phone, Water plants in a near by area
    Rank 3 - Gardening is now fun, Can now Fertilize
    Rank 4 - Talk to plants, Harvest in a Nearby area
    Rank 5 - Take a cutting, Grafting available
    Rank 6 - Weed in a larger area
    Rank 7 - Can purchase uncommon and Farmer Seed packs, Spray for bugs in a larger area
    Rank 8 - Over grow prunned Bonsai Trees creating Decoritive Bonsai plants for the house, Super Sell in a larger area.
    Rank 9 - Tend garden available (water, weed and spray for bugs all at once)
    Rank 10 - Purchase Rare Seed Packs
    Post edited by peoinee on
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I'll appreciate a run down, thanks for taking the time to do some playtesting.
  • Options
    Jouvay wrote: »
    I'll appreciate a run down, thanks for taking the time to do some playtesting.

im working on it still but ill probly wait to publish a write up until after seasons and i can get the info available in Seasons
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    You should also include the sell options. They are unlocked at specific levels.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    ElenPink wrote: »

ok i added sell all and sell specific plant type to rank 1 but super sell is a rank 8 and its was already on the list. i added a new sim not skill into the family to see and that is the only change "supersell"
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    edited June 2018
    peoinee wrote: »
    ElenPink wrote: »

ok i added sell all and sell specific plant type to rank 1 but super sell is a rank 8 and its was already on the list. i added a new sim not skill into the family to see and that is the only change "supersell"

I'm getting separate "sell all" and "sell harvestables" options.
    I do use mods though, so maybe something is affecting it.

ETA: Nevermind, it just says "sell harvestables" on grafted plants that have more than one type of harvestable on them.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I wanted to add this small pic. I'm very organized when i do this kind of testing so since i wont fertilize anything till i have all the information i need from the current quality on all plant types I'm just getting to the first evolve. I noticed besides the sparkle and the evolve option when looking at the options there is also this DNA sequence shown on the info panel when they are ready to evolve. So if your having issues making sure you evolved everything in a huge garden you can just mouse over to see the evolve icon.

Also on top of evolve being instant it can be done from pause so you can pause your game when a big garden is ready and just evolve away and not lose track of your sims while doing this.

I do have a lot with a way to full garden I'll show off later. It was so big before the patch It took my sim 2 days to water everything along with the gardener. After I finish all these tests I'll load that up and see how the changes effect the gardening there. I did note that there were changes to the footprints of some of the plants so the spacing on some gardens will change.

35645514_10204994127850639_4962781835185618944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ddc2286b7c98d1ccf28aef142127b096&oe=5B9F66DF

• Options
    edited June 2018
    This is just a base pic of the current Plants I will add another with the new stuff for Seasons.

35791551_10204994600702460_6114440159845941248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=077bc9bfc002d34df6fb64d08017dc94&oe=5BAF016C

This is the range of Water All and Tend garden. I am waiting for these plants to flower so i can do a Super Sell as that area is much bigger. This is a 15x15 garden. yes they are all one flower so its noticeable when they are using one of the new systems. i will also use the same plot of land to test the sprinklers when seasons comes.

It is important to note im showing watering since the plants are so young ill double check when they get weeds or bugs to see that area. Fertilize and Harvesting is still single plants.

35842433_10204994600422453_5195159112295383040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=890eb59c23a9913963d2bef317c5da6e&oe=5BBDDCF1
  • Options
    well Super Sell has a very large area.

35734865_10204995071394227_8224715664347103232_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f3d99a83a22a976c23c9e0a3bccc2bcd&oe=5BB9FFB2
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    With the supersell option I'm making more than 7000 simoleons at day...I wonder what's the logic behind it? I used to gather everything until monday morning (before the mailman showed up) and then sell all the fruits/vegetables I gathered, and only got 8000 simoleons at week.

A lvl 10 gardener now makes way more than most careers.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    With the supersell option I'm making more than 7000 simoleons at day...I wonder what's the logic behind it? I used to gather everything until monday morning (before the mailman showed up) and then sell all the fruits/vegetables I gathered, and only got 8000 simoleons at week.

A lvl 10 gardener now makes way more than most careers.

thats kinda the way it goes in most of the home careers you can make a ridiculous about from writing and painting.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Love all the help! My Sim is almost at level 6, and I had to have her dispose of two plants already cause they dried up
  • Options
    Love all the help! My Sim is almost at level 6, and I had to have her dispose of two plants already cause they dried up

it seems its every other day you have to water them, later when i get done with these tests ill start a new save and set up an herb area for cooking or flowers either way it will be smaller and i can watch more closely exactly what is going on with water weeds and bugs
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I started out with a new sim who is just starting out with gardening. She hasn't had to water her plants for at least 3 or 4 days? It seemed pre-patch the plants needed to be watered more frequently. She is at level 2 in gardening skill.
  • Options
    whatasexygeekwhatasexygeek Posts: 7 New Member
    My sim isn't watering the plant to completion. The action doesn't complete to satisfaction. She keeps looping back and forth between two plants. Neither being watered even though she is pouring water on them.
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    @whatasexygeek I believe this is a known issue. I saw somewhere where at level 1 gardener can get stuck in this infinite loop.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I used to send my sim out before work every morning to water his garden. It has been 3 sim days since the patch and the plants still don't need water. So annoying, I am hoping this is just another bug.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    peoinee wrote: »

Rank 1 - Plant, Water, Weed and Harvest Can purchase Starter seed packs, can Sell all, and sell specific plant type
    Rank 2 - Research Gardening on the computer, Research individual plants, Information in the Notepad on the phone, Water plants in a near by area
    Rank 3 - Gardening is now fun, Can now Fertilize
    Rank 4 - Talk to plants, Harvest in a Nearby area
    Rank 5 - Take a cutting, Grafting available
    Rank 6 - Weed in a larger area
    Rank 7 - Can purchase uncommon and Farmer Seed packs, Spray for bugs in a larger area
    Rank 8 - Over grow prunned Bonsai Trees creating Decoritive Bonsai plants for the house, Super Sell in a larger area.
    Rank 9 - Tend garden available (water, weed and spray for bugs all at once)
    Rank 10 - Purchase Rare Seed Packs

Thanks for sharing. I really haven't paid attention to what each level of gardening can do,
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    I got some work done on an actual write up. im going to try to finish the current stuff before midnight. So i only have to do the Seasons stuff. and then can get on with other things
  • Options
    tittymcswagtittymcswag Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey I don't know if im doing something wrong but my grafting wont work I try making orchids or bird of paradise and only the two other plants that I spliced on show up not the flower or fruit I want
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Thanks for compiling this list @peoinee! Really appreciate it. I don't suppose you'd happen to know if you can get a cowplant seed out of the rare packet you can buy?
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    @tittymcswag Just a guess, but you took a cutting of what you wanted to splice right? You need a branch not a fruit or flower to splice.
  • Options
    @keenow Bassicly im just trying to make to make a orchid which requires a snapdragon grafted on lily or vice versa (ive tried both ways ) but when I do it I only get snapdragons and lilies on that bush am I doing something wrong ?
  • Options
    > @keenow said:
    > @tittymcswag Just a guess, but you took a cutting of what you wanted to splice right? You need a branch not a fruit or flower to splice.

Bassicly im just trying to make to make a orchid which requires a snapdragon grafted on lily or vice versa (ive tried both ways ) but when I do it I only get snapdragons and lilies on that bush am I doing something wrong ?