Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Pc / Laptop to play the sims 4 with best grahpics?

Comments

• Options
    samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    Any laptop would really play the Sims 4 but I do have a HP Pavilion Notebook. I have both Sims 3 and 4 installed on mine. With no problems with the Graphics, crashing or freezing it's real smooth. Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5020U CPU@ 2.20GHz 2.19GHz Installed RAM 6.00 GB System 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
  • Options
    samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    I spent less than $700 at BestBuy
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Hi simmers sorry to sound like a broken record but all of this is overwhelming. Looking for a laptop (pref under 17" display) to run S4 with most of the expansion/stuff packs. I know I'd it'd be good to have things like 256GB SSD, i7 core, 1060 graphics etc but after a while it all gets a bit confusing. As US prices are drastically different from Aus my budget is around $2500 (but could go higher). The game will be the only thing I pretty much do on the laptop. Also obvs Australian retailers are different. Any help/advice appreciated
    I'm in Australia (Sydney) and can help you. When i get to my pc i will send you some links :)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    im looking for a good recommendation for an on the cheaper side laptop that will run TS4 and all of the packs.
  • Options
    HollyyyyHollyyyy Posts: 20 Member
    I am also looking for either a gaming laptop or desktop to run sims on ultra/high graphics, stream and record gameplay. At the moment I'm looking at desktops as I've heard they are better for gaming. I'm rubbish with tech stuff so can someone tell me which specs are better with these options? And will any of these meet my requirements?

ADMI E-Sports Ultra Gaming PC: AMD FX-4300 4GHz Turbo Quad Core CPU, ASUS M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 Motherboard, Geforce GTX 1050 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card, Seagate 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory, HDMI 1080p, USB 3.0, WiFi, Corsair SPEC-04 Black/Grey LED Gaming Case, Windows 10 Trial included

ADMI ULTRA FAST GAMING PC COMPUTER : AMD A8-7650K 4.2GHz Quad Core, Radeon R7 Integrated Graphics, 2TB Hard, 16GB RAM, Wifi, F3 Gaming Case, Windows 10

Gaming PC HP 8300 Elite Quad Core i5-3470, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1050 2GB, WiFi, Windows 10 64Bit Desktop PC Computer (Certified Refurbished)

OCHW Viper 4.2GHz Fast Quad Core, Home Office, PC, Desktop Gaming Computer 4.2GHz GHz Turbo AMD A8 Richland 7600 Quad Core, ATI Radeon HD R7 Graphics, 1000GB HDD Hard Drive, 8GB 1600MHZ RAM, USB 3.0, Windows 10 Operating Software
  • Options
    jaXmiXe1jaXmiXe1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I want to play the sims 4 on the BEST settings, for it to run extremely smoothly, and to have space for my collection of CC(at this point i think it’s over 8,000. i really don’t know.) is this a good gaming computer. i think it is and it should be with the price. i’m willingly to pay a higher price for the best. and i don’t want to build a PC neither. i have no time for that. do you guys like it:

it is a CyberPowerPC BattleBox Ultimate Desktop

and it has:
    - Intel Core i7-8700K
    - 32GB Memory
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    - 240GB SSD
    - 3TB HDD

it comes with a gaming mouse and keyboard and retails at best buy for like $2500 i think.

thanks for the help!
  • Options
    I found a used gaming desktop on ebay, will this run the game well? Specs below:

-intel quad core i7 860 CPU
    - 8 GB RAM
    - 750 GB hard disk
    - 120 gb SSD
    - nVidia GT 730 2GB graphics card
    - WIFI
    - DVD writer/rewriter drive
    - Windows 10
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Hollyyyy wrote: »
    I found a used gaming desktop on ebay, will this run the game well? Specs below:

-intel quad core i7 860 CPU
    - 8 GB RAM
    - 750 GB hard disk
    - 120 gb SSD
    - nVidia GT 730 2GB graphics card
    - WIFI
    - DVD writer/rewriter drive
    - Windows 10

The GT 730 is an old card and not an GTX card and is better used as an general purpose card Imho. It may not play Sims 4 on ultra and it may be an uneven mixture of low and medium. I7 even if older and quad core hold up pretty well. I suggest looking around more for an bigger deal and system.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I've bought it now because a friend said it would be fine (and it was only £200) is there a way I can replace the graphics card, if that's the only issue?
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Oh plum, I've bought it now because a friend said it would be fine (and it was only £200) is there a way I can replace the graphics card, if that's the only issue?

This computer is old. Even the processor is very old. Intel is on their 8000 (not 800) series . Nvidia is on their 1000 series. I don't know if you can replace it with newer hardware . @chesterbigbird is a build expert and can help you further
  • Options
    jaXmiXe1 wrote: »
    Hi! I want to play the sims 4 on the BEST settings, for it to run extremely smoothly, and to have space for my collection of CC(at this point i think it’s over 8,000. i really don’t know.) is this a good gaming computer. i think it is and it should be with the price. i’m willingly to pay a higher price for the best. and i don’t want to build a PC neither. i have no time for that. do you guys like it:

it is a CyberPowerPC BattleBox Ultimate Desktop

and it has:
    - Intel Core i7-8700K
    - 32GB Memory
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    - 240GB SSD
    - 3TB HDD

it comes with a gaming mouse and keyboard and retails at best buy for like $2500 i think.

thanks for the help!

It's way overkill for the sims games and a waste of money. You don't need something like that unless you play much heavier games than the sims.

If your only playing the sims

Nvidia GTX 1060 would be fine

intel i5 8000 series would be fine

8-16 gb ram .The game will only need 8 gb but if you want to future proof 16 gb would be fine should you play other games or multi-task

• Options
    [quote="phoebebebe13;c-16555814"][quote="Hollyyyy;c-16555810"]Oh plum, I've bought it now because a friend said it would be fine (and it was only £200) is there a way I can replace the graphics card, if that's the only issue? [/quote]

This computer is old. Even the processor is very old. Intel is on their 8000 (not 800) series . Nvidia is on their 1000 series. I don't know if you can replace it with newer hardware . @chesterbigbird is a build expert and can help you further [/quote]

They have said I can cancel the order - do you think there is anything on the market (even used) for around 400 which will run on high graphics, or do you think I'm just trying to travel the world with a bus ticket? Lol, I don't have the funds for anything too expensive (unemployed student) but my laptop (which wasn't exactly a gaming pc) used to run everything fine until it decided to break on me :(
  • Options
    Here are some others I've looked at (this could be in another language to me for all I know)

ADMI Ultra-R1 Gaming Computer: AMD FX-8300 8 Core 4.20GHz CPU, GTX 1050 2GB HDMI Graphics Card, 8GB 1600MHz RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, WiFi, Corsair SPEC-04 Glass Red LED PC Case, Windows 10

ADMI GAMING PC: AMD 2200G 3.7GHz Quad Core CPU / AMD Vega 8 Graphics / 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM / 1TB Hard Drive / 500W PSU Bronze Rated / Corsair SPEC-04 Glass RED LED Gaming Case / Wifi / Windows 10 + Rocket League game

ADMI E-Sports Ultra Gaming PC: AMD FX-4300 4GHz Turbo Quad Core CPU, ASUS M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 Motherboard, Geforce GTX 1050 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card, Seagate 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory, HDMI 1080p, USB 3.0, WiFi, Corsair SPEC-04 Black/Grey LED Gaming Case, Windows 10
  • Options
    Here are some others I've looked at (this could be in another language to me for all I know)

ADMI Ultra-R1 Gaming Computer: AMD FX-8300 8 Core 4.20GHz CPU, GTX 1050 2GB HDMI Graphics Card, 8GB 1600MHz RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, WiFi, Corsair SPEC-04 Glass Red LED PC Case, Windows 10

ADMI GAMING PC: AMD 2200G 3.7GHz Quad Core CPU / AMD Vega 8 Graphics / 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM / 1TB Hard Drive / 500W PSU Bronze Rated / Corsair SPEC-04 Glass RED LED Gaming Case / Wifi / Windows 10 + Rocket League game

ADMI E-Sports Ultra Gaming PC: AMD FX-4300 4GHz Turbo Quad Core CPU, ASUS M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 Motherboard, Geforce GTX 1050 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card, Seagate 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory, HDMI 1080p, USB 3.0, WiFi, Corsair SPEC-04 Black/Grey LED Gaming Case, Windows 10

the first one meets requirements with processor video card etc.

the second one I'm not sure . It's got some new hardware @chesterbigbird may have more info on

The third one has a weaker processor so I would say no on the third one
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for replying! So just to confirm you think the first will run smoothly on high graphics? Its not "only just" meeting the requirements? Just one more option below that fits my budget (just under 400) but I've heard Nvidia is better for Sims than Radeon?

ADMI ULTRA FAST GAMING PC COMPUTER : AMD A8-7650K 4.2GHz Quad Core, Radeon R7 Integrated Graphics, 2TB Hard, 16GB RAM, Wifi, F3 Gaming Case, Windows 10
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I found this:
    Gaming PC HP 8300 Elite Quad Core i5-3470, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, WiFi, Windows 10 64Bit Desktop PC Computer With Antivirus (Certified Refurbished)

Only issue is it is refurbished which I hear can be problematic.

Perhaps it would be better to buy one with an i5 or above processor and get the graphics card separately?
  • Options
    I found this:
    Gaming PC HP 8300 Elite Quad Core i5-3470, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, WiFi, Windows 10 64Bit Desktop PC Computer With Antivirus (Certified Refurbished)

Only issue is it is refurbished which I hear can be problematic.

Perhaps it would be better to buy one with an i5 or above processor and get the graphics card separately?

HP are very hard to upgrade They have tight cases, no room and very little cooling. Not something you want with gaming hardware. The case size, room for switching out hardware and cooling is just as important as the hardware inside.

I would not buy used or refurbished unless you personally know the person who is selling it ( like a friend) and you know they have taken very good care of their computer. Kept it clean , did not abuse the hardware etc. You don't know how the hardware was used and the computer could quit in 30 days and you may be stuck with nothing and out of money.

• Options
    Thanks for replying! So just to confirm you think the first will run smoothly on high graphics? Its not "only just" meeting the requirements? Just one more option below that fits my budget (just under 400) but I've heard Nvidia is better for Sims than Radeon?

It is not giving me the specific video card but it's probably a weaker card given the processor is a weak processor.

400 pounds is too low a budget to get new unused hardware. You would need a higher budget. You buy new, you get a warranty
  • Options

This computer you posted meets all recommended requirements and should run on ultra
  • Options
    Okay thank so much for your help - I think I will get the one you suggested even though it's a bit over budget, it is clearly going to run my game better than other ones. My previous laptop I bought for £300 4 years ago, was able to play smoothly on high graphics and it is only now that it has slowed right down (and heated right up) so I do believe you can often get lucky with budget buys! Although the market may be different now than a few years ago. Thank you again for your help
  • Options
    Okay thank so much for your help - I think I will get the one you suggested even though it's a bit over budget, it is clearly going to run my game better than other ones. My previous laptop I bought for £300 4 years ago, was able to play smoothly on high graphics and it is only now that it has slowed right down (and heated right up) so I do believe you can often get lucky with budget buys! Although the market may be different now than a few years ago. Thank you again for your help

A cheap laptop with low end hardware will only take you so far. Gaming on low end hardware not designed to run 3d games will eventually break, you will have heating issues and shorten the life span of your computer. It's very possible running this game is or has ruined your laptop. There is a reason they make computers for general use ( like your laptop) and computers with gaming hardware that are designed to run 3d games. This game does require a gaming computer

Your very welcome
  • Options
    nix999nix999 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey. I am choosing between two different laptops in order to play Sims 4. I want to spend something in the $500 range, and am looking at a more lightweight machine since I travel a lot. I have almost all of the Sims expansion packs with some CC. Which laptop is more recommended? I am leaning more towards the ASUS, since it is lighter weight and has a faster processor, but the Acer has the NVIDIA dedicated graphics card. Could Sims 4 and its expansions run smoothly on the vivobook on medium settings? I already play on medium-low settings on laptop mode, but would like something with a little higher quality and runs much smoother/faster.

ASUS VivoBook F510UA
    Screen Size 15.6 inches
    Max Screen Resolution 1920x1080 pixels
    Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    RAM 8 GB DDR4_SDRAM
    Hard Drive 1000 GB Hybrid Drive
    Graphics Coprocessor na
    Card Description Integrated
    Wireless Type 802.11.ac
    Number of USB 2.0 Ports 2
    Number of USB 3.0 Ports 2
    Average Battery Life (in hours) 5 hours
    Other Technical Details
    Brand Name Asus
    Series ASUS VivoBook
    Item model number F510UA-AH55
    Operating System Windows 10
    Item Weight 3.7 pounds
    Product Dimensions 14.2 x 9.6 x 0.8 inches
    Item Dimensions L x W x H 14.2 x 9.6 x 0.8 inches
    Color Star Grey
    Processor Brand Intel Core i5
    Processor Count 4
    Computer Memory Type DDR4 SDRAM
    Flash Memory Size 128.0
    Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA
    Hard Drive Rotational Speed 5400 RPM
    Optical Drive Type None
    Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)

Acer Aspire 5
    Screen Size 15.6 inches
    Max Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080
    Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    RAM 8 GB
    Hard Drive 256 GB Flash Memory Solid State
    Graphics Coprocessor MX150
    Chipset Brand NVIDIA
    Card Description Dedicated
    Graphics Card Ram Size 2 GB
    Average Battery Life (in hours) 7 hours
    Other Technical Details
    Brand Name Acer
    Series acer-15.6
    Item model number A515-51G-515J
    Item Weight 4.41 pounds
    Product Dimensions 15 x 10.3 x 0.8 inches
    Item Dimensions L x W x H 15.02 x 10.35 x 0.82 inches
    Color Obsidian Black
    Processor Brand Intel
    Processor Count 4
    Flash Memory Size 256.0
    Optical Drive Type None
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    nix999 wrote: »
    Hey. I am choosing between two different laptops in order to play Sims 4. I want to spend something in the $500 range, and am looking at a more lightweight machine since I travel a lot. I have almost all of the Sims expansion packs with some CC. Which laptop is more recommended? I am leaning more towards the ASUS, since it is lighter weight and has a faster processor, but the Acer has the NVIDIA dedicated graphics card. Could Sims 4 and its expansions run smoothly on the vivobook on medium settings? I already play on medium-low settings on laptop mode, but would like something with a little higher quality and runs much smoother/faster.

ASUS VivoBook F510UA
    Screen Size 15.6 inches
    Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    RAM 8 GB DDR4_SDRAM
    Hard Drive 1000 GB Hybrid Drive
    Graphics Coprocessor na
    Card Description Integrated
    Wireless Type 802.11.ac
    Average Battery Life (in hours) 5 hours
    Other Technical Details
    Brand Name Asus
    Series ASUS VivoBook
    Item model number F510UA-AH55
    Item Weight 3.7 pounds
    Color Star Grey
    Processor Brand Intel Core i5
    Processor Count 4
    Computer Memory Type DDR4 SDRAM
    Flash Memory Size 128.0
    Optical Drive Type None

Acer Aspire 5
    Screen Size 15.6 inches
    Max Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080
    Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    RAM 8 GB
    Hard Drive 256 GB Flash Memory Solid State
    Graphics Coprocessor MX150
    Chipset Brand NVIDIA
    Average Battery Life (in hours) 7 hours
    Other Technical Details
    Brand Name Acer
    Series acer-15.6
    Item model number A515-51G-515J
    Item Weight 4.41 pounds
    Product Dimensions 15 x 10.3 x 0.8 inches
    Item Dimensions L x W x H 15.02 x 10.35 x 0.82 inches
    Color Obsidian Black
    Processor Brand Intel
    Processor Count 4
    Flash Memory Size 256.0
    Optical Drive Type None

These don't meet requirements. The game is not complete. Seasons will make the game more demanding. I would advise buying a laptop that meets recommended requirements since you can't upgrade or change laptop processor or video card. Your stuck with you specs you buy. $500 will not get you a computer that meets requirements to run this game. You will need to up your budget or save

You need on laptop

Nvidia GTX 1050, 1050 ti, or 1060

Processor intel i5 or i7 quad core processor for gaming. These processors will end in HQ or MQ after the series number

hard drive space you need 500 gb for more. Dont buy a laptop that only has 256 gb hard drive. you will run out of room to run the game

8gb computer ram

windows 64 bit
  • Options
    nix999nix999 Posts: 3 New Member
    Does this guy work better? I know the graphics card is still a little bit lacking.

ASUS VivoBook 15 X510UQ Thin and Lightweight FHD Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i7-7500U Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX Graphics, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, USB Type-C, NanoEdge WideView Display, Windows 10

Screen Size 15.6 inches
    Processor 2.7 GHz Core i7 7500U
    RAM 8 GB DDR4
    Hard Drive 1000 GB Mechanical Hard Drive
    Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Chipset Brand nvidia
    Wireless Type 802.11.ac
    Number of USB 3.0 Ports 1
    Other Technical Details
    Brand Name Asus
    Series ASUS VivoBook
    Item model number X510UQ-NH71
    Item Weight 3.7 pounds
    Color Gray
    Processor Brand Intel
    Processor Count 2
    Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
    Flash Memory Size 512 GB
    Optical Drive Type None
  • Options
    nix999 wrote: »
    Does this guy work better? I know the graphics card is still a little bit lacking.

ASUS VivoBook 15 X510UQ Thin and Lightweight FHD Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i7-7500U Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX Graphics, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, USB Type-C, NanoEdge WideView Display, Windows 10

Screen Size 15.6 inches
    Processor 2.7 GHz Core i7 7500U
    RAM 8 GB DDR4
    Hard Drive 1000 GB Mechanical Hard Drive
    Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Chipset Brand nvidia
    Wireless Type 802.11.ac
    Number of USB 3.0 Ports 1
    Other Technical Details
    Brand Name Asus
    Series ASUS VivoBook
    Item model number X510UQ-NH71
    Item Weight 3.7 pounds
    Color Gray
    Processor Brand Intel
    Processor Count 2
    Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
    Flash Memory Size 512 GB
    Optical Drive Type None

It's below recommended requirements .Others have had issues running the game on these specs. Please see the specs I posted above that meet requirements