Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GARDENING OVERHAUL Question

HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
I heard Seasons will overhaul the current gardening system. Can someone explain what all that means?

Did they finally get rid of the Evolve for plants? Always thought that was kinda weird.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2018
    This is the stuff that isn't new harvestables or Seasons-specific:
    - Evolve happens immediately and is now only 5 levels
    - You can sell all harvestables right off the plants, and the higher your gardening skill, the bigger the area this covers
    - Higher gardening skill = bigger area covered by telling your Sim to do something to plants, eg. water/weed (evolve is still one plant at a time)

But we don't know 100% for sure what's in the patch for the system till tomorrow.

The pack also has plants that are in season in different seasons, and if they're protected, they can grow in other seasons.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    They haven't gotten rid of evolve but there are now just five levels of evolution, instead of the previous 10.

Changes-
    - Addition of Sprinklers
    - Some plants will have a dormant season. If plants aren't exposed to the elements and sheltered, they will grow out of season too.
    - With higher levels of gardening you can tend to bigger areas of plants at once ( while watering and weeding)
    - You can now super sell harvestables.
    - Bees will pollinate nearby plants and you can forge a relationship with your hive. You can also direct your hive to do your bidding...

LuthienRising has a good informative post up which is updated as new info rolls in: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16489062/#Comment_16489062
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    - You can sell all harvestables right off the plants, and the higher your gardening skill, the bigger the area this covers
    - Higher gardening skill = bigger area covered by telling your Sim to do something to plants, eg. water/weed (evolve is still one plant at a time)

But we don't know 100% for sure what's in the patch for the system till tomorrow.

The pack also has plants that are in season in different seasons, and if they're protected, they can grow in other seasons.

There's also the change to the UI for plants -- instead of the flower with varying numbers of petals and smiling/crying, there'll just be a status bar for the plant. Should be a little bit clearer what condition your plant is in.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

So this is all in the patch we get tomorrow, not Seasons?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

There's also the change to the UI for plants -- instead of the flower with varying numbers of petals and smiling/crying, there'll just be a status bar for the plant. Should be a little bit clearer what condition your plant is in.

Never knew the petals changed but I did notice the smiling. So it’s good they changed that.
    Post edited by HueyJefe on
  • Options
    Jouvay wrote: »
    They haven't gotten rid of evolve but there are now just five levels of evolution, instead of the previous 10.

Changes-
    - Addition of Sprinklers
    - Some plants will have a dormant season. If plants aren't exposed to the elements and sheltered, they will grow out of season too.
    - With higher levels of gardening you can tend to bigger areas of plants at once ( while watering and weeding)
    - Bees will pollinate nearby plants and you can forge a relationship with your hive. You can also direct your hive to do your bidding...

LuthienRising has a good informative post up which is updated as new info rolls in: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16489062/#Comment_16489062

Never played a game with the bees before so that’ll be interesting.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    Jouvay wrote: »

Changes-
    - Addition of Sprinklers

Never played a game with the bees before so that’ll be interesting.
    The bees is so far with seasons though, I don’t think there has been mention of it coming in the patch.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited June 2018
    The beekeeper box will only be available in Seasons and I believe the new harvestables also only come with Seasons.

ETA:

Base Game Changes/Additions
    Water All – Sims can now water more than one plant at a time.
    Weed All – Sims can weed more than one plant at a time.
    Super Sell – Sims can harvest and sell all plants in one interaction.
    Evolution – Plants will now have 5 levels of evolution and they can be clearly identified by hovering over a plant. Evolving is now an immediate action.

New plant UI.
    pVYJEoq.png
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    I'm wondering what will happen to current gardens. I play 21 households and they all have gardens; I really hope they won't have to start all over as the majority of the plants are currently "Perfect".
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    We're also getting glass roofs in the patch! Perfect for greenhouses etc.
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    I've wanted greenhouses for a long time I can't wait for this the thing is most of my sims live in apartment buildings and there's only one appartment in the city where a greenhouse might work . Decisions Decisions
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I wonder what will happen to the gardening aspiration.
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Did they allow children to garden now?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Love it!

FLJtdbQ.png

sYp6MfK.png

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It looks like I'll be bringing back the garden to my sim's home lots now that they made this easier.
  • Options
    Love it!

FLJtdbQ.png

sYp6MfK.png

What’s the difference between Sell All and Super Sell?
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    About a thousand bucks :D HAHA I'm sorry, I don't actually know.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2018
    Ohh "research" is a new option too. Good for sims that you don't get computers for I guess..
    Just had to add this is really nice with the flowering trees and the new research animations. I hope it doesn't flub up the end of the aspiration.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself here, but I think they dealt with UFO plant. When I sent my sim to the community garden (one I have been working on for ages), I noticed the UFO plant was a beautiful blue, not something that looked like it was all dried up.

35666954_1024782541005374_3171776882160959488_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=e310f62880ccee89ea87e196221b6de3&oe=5BB53757
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The weeds also show up again.. I wasn't seeing them until today. I'd just click on a plant and it needed weeding.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Can we still garden inside if we don't use the glass roofs?
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    characterfan193characterfan193 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @3KNPen said:
    > Can we still garden inside if we don't use the glass roofs?

I've always been able to garden inside apartments. Not trees, but plants in planters. But they never got real sunlight, but grew anyway.
  • Options
    characterfan193characterfan193 Posts: 13 New Member
    The only things I'm not enjoying about the new gardening. Is I wish I could set planters to sell vs collect. Collect my flowers and spliced plants and sell all fruits, veggies, and herbs.

And how slow the evolve is. I'm almost a level 10 gardener (started at zero after patch) and none of my plants are ready to evolve to the 2nd level.
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2018
    I like the fact that you can hit evolve and they don't need to walk over to the plant but wish they had added an evolve all button or at least evolve within an area of effect, a bit like the sell produce option. Bit tedious clicking them one by one if you have a farm lot like I do.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    LimodLimod Posts: 2 New Member
    So is there no longer a way to tell what the "spliced plant" is now? I splice everything to save space. Before, I could tell what was spliced together by hovering over top of the plant. I can no longer do that. If I want to harvest a specific vegetable, I have to guess now? That is annoying.