Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventures Market Issue

XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
Hey Yall! I installed Jungle Adventures today and have been in game for 2 days int he new world and all of the market tables have yet to spawn any items for me to purchase. I have removed all mods and still havent had any items spawn. Any ideas?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    What time of day are you looking? It seems to me that Selvadorana rolls up the sidewalks (closes stalls) around 10 PM sim time and don't open until the next morning. Is the food stall closed too?

Anything other than that, I wouldn't know.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    my vampire sim who (of course) hung out at the cantina all night saw a few selling items over night. i only ever saw the food stall close. though, the market vendors often did wander into the cantina to dance or order a drink instead of hanging near their tables (could still buy stuff then, though. unless a sim that was chatting with them (while played) did a 'chat here' command. that would get the vendor too far away to trigger a sale)

not sure what's up with the tables for the op, though. they should have at least one sim show up every 4 hours or so to put stuff down. other sims can and will buy the stuff (i was so frothing at the mouth at one who went and bought the one flower a vendor was selling while my sim was in the middle of running from the cantina to buy it)
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    You can sometimes catch the market vendors in the cantina.. you can interact with them (if you've introduced yourself) and ask about stock and what not (if you have a high enough skill you can ask about secret wares too and they have stuff there that they don't have on the stall)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    You can sometimes catch the market vendors in the cantina.. you can interact with them (if you've introduced yourself) and ask about stock and what not (if you have a high enough skill you can ask about secret wares too and they have stuff there that they don't have on the stall)

High enough skill in what? Culture?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @Stina1701A yes, at max level in the culture skill (5 levels), you will be able to unlock various new interactions, like the secret options at the food stall or the secret wares at the market vendors (which include unlimited bone dust and machetes)
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    You do need to hang about for a little while for the vendors to show up and display their wares, but they should show up sooner or later. Not all the tables are attended all the time, but at least one should be. If this is not happening at all in your game, it sounds as though you might have a glitch. Try repairing your game in Origin.
  • Options
    Stina1701A wrote: »

High enough skill in what? Culture?

I believe so, the salvadorada culture skill maxes out at 5 and when interacting with the locals you get options such as the secret wares and stuff - in there you can find "art" (day of the dead skull) <which I have recently learnt are part of a collection and machetes and I think a few other things that appear on the stalls and other stuff like dog bowls and stuff to help make your stay easier

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    SpecialNoodle56SpecialNoodle56 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone,
    I recently installed JA in my game to be more specific it’s been about 3 days now. No matter what I do the Market vendors just won’t show up. I googled and checked multiple forums about this issue but it doesn’t seem like anyone else is having the same problem. Yes, I do have mods and cc installed but I even tried removing everything from my mods folder, creating a new save but still the vendors won’t pitch. The food vendor is there but the people that sell the machetes, bat bait and bug spray etc.. just aren’t there. It’s just three empty tables. :neutral: If anyone knows how I can fix this bug please share!!!
  • Options
    Hello everyone,
    I recently installed JA in my game to be more specific it’s been about 3 days now. No matter what I do the Market vendors just won’t show up. I googled and checked multiple forums about this issue but it doesn’t seem like anyone else is having the same problem. Yes, I do have mods and cc installed but I even tried removing everything from my mods folder, creating a new save but still the vendors won’t pitch. The food vendor is there but the people that sell the machetes, bat bait and bug spray etc.. just aren’t there. It’s just three empty tables. :neutral: If anyone knows how I can fix this bug please share!!!

Have you stayed in the area for a while? (I know sometimes the area will be vacant but if you're there long enough people turn up and start selling stuff.. ORRRR you can talk to some of the locals, if you hover over them it will say if theyre a vendor and then if you interact with them you can buy it off their person... but I don't know if it's to do with the Salvadorian culture skill (the higher the skill the more options you have)

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    cds6115cds6115 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had the same issue. No vendors are actually going to their stalls or tables and its been about 3 weeks in sims time. I've been to Selvadorada, Spice Festival, and the Humor and HiJinks festival and no vendors actually vend.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    cds6115 wrote: »
    I've had the same issue. No vendors are actually going to their stalls or tables and its been about 3 weeks in sims time. I've been to Selvadorada, Spice Festival, and the Humor and HiJinks festival and no vendors actually vend.

Hello @cds6115
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top