Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~Editing Poll~

41695458915_186d3f90fb_o.png

Hello, as I am preparing for new competitions, I would love to know which program everyone here is using!! I set up a nifty poll to vote at, comments allowed at the poll, choose from the list or choose other and type your own answer. OR you can always just comment here too :)

http://pollmaker.vote/p/4H2XY1YC

I plan on running an editing comp at some point, but in my preparations for this, I will be making MANY new tutorials for everything I am planning on going over, so to know which is relevant, i'd love to know what you all are using!

I currently use Gimp (the older version) for most things, and PS6 for more technical things. I like features of both programs, but still know how to operate both, and continue to hop from one to the other. But I don't want to waste my time with un-relevant tutorials either, thus my need for the poll :)

Comments

• Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Photoshop here, specifically CC 2018. We graphic designers get the nifty new-fangled stuff to rip our hair out with lol
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    MaggieSims2018MaggieSims2018 Posts: 57 Member
    Vanadis wrote: »
    Photoshop here, specifically CC 2018. We graphic designers get the nifty new-fangled stuff to rip our hair out with lol

Thanks. I've wanted to do graphic design for so long, but I got into painting cars as a career instead. So I can't spend the big bucks. But I can sure make one mean business card :D
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member

Thanks. I've wanted to do graphic design for so long, but I got into painting cars as a career instead. So I can't spend the big bucks. But I can sure make one mean business card :D

You can actually do graphic design self-taught on like Etsy or various freelance sites but you have to fight for jobs on those. The only thing really that a degree has besides the self taught stuff is brand identity studies. I mean we do go way more in depth on various things but like... I knew a person who made a stationery set and asked how it was, I said it wasn't a solid brand identity. All of her stuff had different logos on it, like the letterhead had one, the envelope had another... She said "That doesn't matter!" I said "Okay then." The client fired her.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options

You can actually do graphic design self-taught on like Etsy or various freelance sites but you have to fight for jobs on those. The only thing really that a degree has besides the self taught stuff is brand identity studies. I mean we do go way more in depth on various things but like... I knew a person who made a stationery set and asked how it was, I said it wasn't a solid brand identity. All of her stuff had different logos on it, like the letterhead had one, the envelope had another... She said "That doesn't matter!" I said "Okay then." The client fired her.

aye, i'm just a tenderfoot, myself :) i wouldn't do things "professionally'' if i had no real idea what i was doing. That would be like me, a professional AutoBody and Painter, to say to someone, "yep, that rattle can should fix it up real nice''. I cringe at the thought of someone watching a build show on TV and thinking, it's not that hard, i can do eet.
  • Options
    OooHOooo, i see some new Gimp'ers in here :)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I prefer to use photoshop, but I'm being cheap, and using gimp.

Gimp is a bit clunky, but it does a good enough job for sims modelling comps.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I use Paint.net, have done since the beginning,my friend did give me a copy of PhotoShop Pro, because I have been editing her pictures for her stories since Sims 2, I got lost in PS Pro so when my hard drive died I was not able to recover it,& I really had not started using it,even though I tried,as it seemed similar to Paint.net(or should I say Pain.net is like PS! LOL!) I have not asked for anouther as I know she paid for it for me! So I am still using Paint.net but use a tone of Plug-ins, (I just need to learn to use them all,like what does Dodge or Burn do?) & watching a lot of Tutorials! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited June 2018
    I use Photoshop CS6, sometimes Gimp if Photoshop is being 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :D and I also use Photoscape X Pro. The one thing I struggle so much with is cutting out sims in sims 4! Why did they have to make it so dang difficult!
  • Options
    heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited June 2018
    I predominately use photoshop but still go to gimp for a few bits.... drawing with paths is so much easier I just can’t get it in photoshop at all... also tend to use gimp more when using added brushes cause I find photoshop brushes a pain too. Prefer photoshop for cutting out (hair masking yay)
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
  • Options
    I predominately use photoshop but still go to gimp for a few bits.... drawing with paths is so much easier I just can’t get it in photoshop at all... also tend to use gimp more when using added brushes cause I find photoshop brushes a pain too. Prefer photoshop for cutting out (hair masking yay)

Wow me too! I do all my drawing in gimp.

Thanks to all for your replies!! I've got good info here!!!
  • Options
    themelonicthemelonic Posts: 2,019 Member
    Photoshop and illustrator
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Always Photoshop.