Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    So...finally another update for Matthew. I've had the chapter written, I just needed to do shots. Enjoy

41342302695_6b2971927b_b.jpg

Matthew 29

Also another update for Anahi and the spin off with Hayes

One Woman Show

House of Rubin
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @jazen I loved that update so much. It was so good to see Matt emerge from the bedroom. :)

Have you guys heard about the Sims 4 seasons? I'm holding off on this one until my Drifter Challenge is finished. I have a feeling those sims will freeze to death when I start a new house and there is no roof over their heads. I was surprised they announced the new EP this early. I thought it would be at the end of the year. Anyways I have a spoiler picture for you guys from Romance on the Horizon. If all goes as planned it should be this weekend or early next week for the update to be finished.

hfLFp9.jpg
  • Options
    hahahahaha @Piazzagirl1015 that picture. Someone is getting a surprise they hadn't planned on. ;) This should be fun.

and yay, glad you enjoyed the update. Gonna hope to get more pictures for the next chapter soon. Maybe this weekend if all goes well. And yes, I got an email about Seasons from EA...can't wait to see how they do this. Will still probably wait for it to be on sale. I've not bought any of the S4 games at full price, no need to start now. LOL

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    Just got caught up on updates, yay!

I am quite excited for Seasons, in the past they've been the most game changing expansions and will hopefully add depth to TS4 (not holding my breath though) It comes out on my littlest's bday so I'll have to postpone when I get it since it probably wouldn't be good to sim all day :p:p:p

• Options
    I think I have to start working on my Drifter Challenge again. I found out we can make custom holidays in game. Now my first thought was maybe Mother's Day, Father's Day, Cinco de Mayo, St Patricks Day etc etc Than I thought here is an opportunity to get creative like maybe tacky suit day and dress them all in tacky suits, Llama Day, Grilled Cheese Day. I'll be waiting for the live stream to find out more about it.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    Hey girls!
    I'm so happy that Seasons is a thing for Sims4 now. I'm stoked again to get back into playing and writing. My plan is to pick up at a point in my 'Vuneca-verse', were Nessy tricked Norton into fathering a child when they were teenagers. You gals might remember Peregrina. She appeared a few times in my earlier attempts. Peregrina will be the lead going forward.

It's still not easy to tell stories with Sims4, mostly due to the Sims emotions not fitting the situation and the game's tendency to phase out NPCs whenever it wants to. But I wanna give it a try again. With Seasons, it looks like the play will finally be more dynamic than the perpetual magic fairy kingdom of eternal sunshine that Sims4 was up to this point.

I have no plans to bring in Chandell and Nephalim Vuneca in Peregrina's gen as I'm planning to use Peregrina to explore the gameplay. It has changed a lot since I last played and I have become a noob over time! =) I don't want to complicate the story too much while I'm getting my sea-legs back. Apart from that, anything that you girls know about Vuneca-verse is still valid. I've been writing short stories in it for my own fun, mostly continuations of Iofe's study into the history of the Four Riders of the Apocalypse and the Vunecans as a people. It helps me building a library of ideas set in the Vuneca-verse, basically amounting to a lot of stuff that makes Vuneca-verse more solid to me but isn't really useful beyond that.

I am playing with the idea to write a novel about it that I'll self-publish, but then I would have to change many things to move away from the Sims-influence. But by now I think that the Vuneca-verse is developed well enough to take a swing at it at one point.

I can't imagine playing the Sims and not having it based in Vuneca-verse! It's has become with the Sims is to me.

Anyway, to me it seems like the upcoming Seasons expansion is exactly what Sims4 needs to make it worth playing for long stretches of time and I hope that it signals EA taking Sims4 more serious from here on out.

I hope all you girls are doing well and that all of you are happy as can be! I regularly think about all of you! <3
    Keep on keeping on and nothing will be able stop you. I'm the living proof! *flex*
    -Haki.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @LittleMinxUndr Oh Wow a Blast from the Past! Welcome back We missed you. I do hope that you enjoy Seasons and if you do decide to self publish I wish you the best with it. It's really great to hear from you again :)
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 I didn't realize you could make your own holidays. Brilliant Ideas!!!

@LittleMinxUndr HI!! Great to see you!! I am also hoping that seasons will add that much needed depth to the game. So far I think adding toddlers and all that came with it has changed the game the most.
    I can't imagine any of your stories NOT spinning out of the Vuneca-verse to be honest. You have created such a rich fandom out of it.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 Thanks Pi! I'm looking forward to Seasons. The screenshots I've seen sofar are adorable and just having changing weather alone brings in so much change in how you play. Remember Seasons in Sims2 and how that totally made it a new game? Together with the options added over time to have Sims4 be a gameplay copy of Sims2 (Including almost perfect rotational play.), the Seasons have the potential to turn the Sims4 gameplay on its head.

@Vuneca Hey Vun! Yeah, Vuneca-verse really grew way beyond the background meant to support Topanga's demeanor as a selfish play-the-field loose girl. It became it's own thing. Nephalim Vuneca herself was a nod to you who grew out to be an awesome antagonist who's character even divides the people that she created to serve her. It's such a part of my Sims game-play that I really can't imagine playing without having a hook to Vuneca-verse in some form or another. Even the games that I play that aren't Going Solo still have references to Vuneca-verse in it.
    Yeah. I'm really stoked for Seasons. It'll inject some backdrop diversity into the game that it sourly needs. I didn't get the last stuffpack (for pets) and the vacation gamepack too, so I have some catching up to do. I'm thinking of having Peregrina's focus to be maxing out the Vacation-stuff and take it from there. I'm reading through some articles of the vacation-pack and I think that I can re-purpose it to be a slice of the Islands, so I can bring in a lot of Aubies and have a 'place-of-origin' for Chandell in Sims4. As you can see, the ideas are bubbling up left and right, lol!
  • Options
    @Vuneca I am so glad that they added something different that we haven't seen in any version of Sims. Maybe we should make a Going Solo Day for all of our games :)

@LittleMinxUndr My favorite part of the Sims 2 season was the sparkly food they were able to make from fish they caught and vegetables they grew. That always kept their hunger bars up higher than the regular food and in that version we had to order groceries, no buying out of the refrigerator.

The jungle pack the adventures reset itself and the new dance looks cool. I didn't get the pet stuff pack because it was more about hamster and rodents which I do not have a desire to play with and more clothing for the dogs and cats which again I don't use. The fish table did look cool but I am not spending $10 for one item.

I imagine with the lore part of your game the custom holidays will come in handy for you.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @Piazzagirl1015 An ingame Going Solo bank-holiday when Season drops is a great idea. I don't fully grasp how the system works, but I guess we can set weekday+season? In that case I propose a wednesday in midsummer. And on that day, all Sims only do things for themselves and can't for instance cook family-meals and so on.

The Jungle-vacation stuff looks very interesting. Especially since Sim can be amateur anthropologists and learn all about the culture of the indigenous people. I have with that mini-goal already an idea for Peregrina. She goes there to learn about the Aubies, which are her ancestors and there she meets Iofe, who professionally is interested in the Auboriginals. Luckily, I have ample time to work out the set up and make a general roadmap on where to go from there.

I do hope that we can set locked seasons though, to avoid snow in the Jungle!

I have updated Nessy and her family. Norton now has the masculine body, I love how you can now notice that she's a transsexual. She's awesome!
    NortonMastersMcSimm_zpsslesbr98.jpg
    WednesdayJerryMasters_zpsl5n28rpb.jpg
    PeregrinaMasters_zpsyxymzd2v.jpg
    Post edited by LittleMinxUndr on
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 I LOVE the idea of Going Solo Day!

@LittleMinxUndr If possible I think it should be a Mon or Fri and make it a 3 or 4 day weekend celebration
    The remix of your chars. look great! I have had more fun than expected playing in the jungle. I really like to 2 new asp. that came with it
  • Options
    @LittleMinxUndr Love your sims they look great.

@Vuneca Great idea to make it an extended weekend so either Monday or Friday is fine with me. They should also throw a Going Solo BBQ if its the summer or something like that. I hope we get fireworks.

@Everyone Update for Romance on the Horizon is ready. This is the final chapter for Generation 1

• Options
    05-29-18_3-39-02PM%20Middel_zpsgvyefqto.png
    Nessy: 'Look at the bright side, Norton. Because you forgot to wear clothes when you answered the door, the landlord waved this month's rent!'

I'm building Norton's background right now, because all I have on file about her is that she's a transsexual who had a troubled childhood because of it and that she's a goof. I don't think that Nessy and Norton will ever let anything come between them, though Norton never really forgave Nessy for taking advantage of a weak moment and abusing her trust, which resulted in Nessy's teenage pregnancy with Peregrina.
    Norton's living her dreamlife, to be a homemaker. She helps out by being a ghostwriter for the Dr. John 'hospital romance' super-market novellas (Yes, that Dr. John, who's fandom counts people like Judge-Magistrate Eleanor Wasimton. LOL) and takes some pride in it.
    Norton has an older sister called Harley. Their father loved motorcycles and it could be worse. One of them could've been called Kawasaki... Norton's ancestors are one of the founding families of San Mishuno, the harbor-city from which later the colonization of Isla Paradiso would be staged, though Norton's family played no part in that. They were merchants who shaped San Mishuno's econimics, reflected in the Spice Market.

When the islands won their independence and drove all mainlanders and colonials out, Nessy was forced to follow Norton to the mainland. She got branded to be a collaborator with the mainlanders, but she wouldn't have left Norton's side anyway. Nessy isn't happy on the mainland. As an Aubie, she has to deal with a lot of prejudice and isn't getting the same opportunities as her mainlander peers. She's still a scientist doing experimental research, but she has to share labs, sees her ideas quite often stolen and get under-payed. Nessy is also not impressed with seasons like 'winter'. She's still unawares that Chandell Scott is her biological 'father'.

Peregrina has no active memory of the islands. She's growing up in the city amongst mainlander-kids and does quite well. Everybody calls her 'Perry' and she's well liked in school for her quick witted intelligence and goofy humor. She makes friends easily but like her parents she places much more weight on family. Perry speaks Paradiso-jo with Nessy, to Norton's annoyance who doesn't speak it. (Having no aubie-blood in her, she misses the genetic ability, like all non-auboriginals.) Coming home from school with sometimes specific questions, Nessy and Norton soon will have to explain how Nessy got pregnant with Norton. Since that is a point of some friction between Nessy and Norton, they have been putting that off. Perry is busy with growing up and has no expressed desire to learn more about her heritage, but that might become an issue when she gets older.

@Piazzagirl1015 Thanks, Pi!

@Vuneca Sure, friday seems like a good idea, I love long weekends! (Even though I have long weeks, now! LOL). The Going Solko Holiday on a friday in mid-summer sounds good to me! =)
  • Options
    OMG @LittleMinxUndr long time no see!!! Big plans in the works for you. Very exciting. Loved the update of your sims.

@Piazzagirl1015 read and commented on the update. I didn't know that about seasons, but I've only watched on trailer. Still not sure I'll be getting it on release day. Will wait for a sale.

@Vuneca happy early birthday to your son!!!

• Options
    Happy Friday y'all!
    I'm still slowly sorting pictures that were taken way too long ago, LOL but yay updates! However I still have to load game to actually TAKE shots for the next Matt update. Until then, read up on Anahi and if you're interested, you can see what Dove is up to as well. Also I'm playing with the pets EP so may do a NON-story Solo challenge in S4, but we'll see.

OWS%2Bbanner.png

One Woman Show: 23

Hope you all have a great weekend!

• Options
    @LittleMinxUndr Whoa, talk about flash backs. Your short description of whats going on brought back so many memories!! I'm so glad you're diving back into it

@jazen updates open and waiting for me to read B)
  • Options
    @jazen I just got caught up on your updates and it is remind me that I better start sorting my just for fun pictures too as they are stacking up.

@Vuneca @Jazen @LittleMinxUndr I love the new calendar for season. That is something new. You don't only put holidays on the calendar but personal notes. The custom holidays will work like clubs and we have to come up with activities for Going Solo day. Whoever gets the game first can list these and maybe we could discuss what traditions we want to set. Oh this is so cool we haven't had a project to work on for a while.
  • Options
    Ladies I need a favor. On my Drifter Challenge I'm up to House 7. I know after the last bachelor challenge I said I wouldn't do any more of these but house 7 starts with a bachelor challenge. I need ladies so if any of you have a lady in your gallery that you would like to send please let me know.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 I have a bunch on my gallery feel free to take any that you like :-)
  • Options
    Did any of you watch the broadcast of the new EP? I am super excited. It looks like they added A LOT
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 I will make you a sim today. It's been a super busy week last week and today I need to relax and play anyway.
    @Vuneca I've not watched the broadcast but I'll try and look it up today to see what all comes with the new EP. And yes, I have to sort my just for fun pics. I was trying to organize some about 2 weeks ago, but have more to do.

• Options
    @Vuneca I choose Daniella Boudreaux for the bachelor challenge. She is very pretty. I seen the Live Stream and it looks like a fun EP and I'm glad that there is some settings on the weather that can be controlled.

@jazen I got the lady that you sent me and she is indeed lovely.

Let me post a picture of the bachelor:

2Gc6ey.png

His name is Tyrone Platinum but he is still a teen here. He has 8 days until aging up and than The One will make its Sims 4 Debut.

On Seasons I decided to get it because there were a lot of features and Stephanie wanted it so we split the cost. She has been streaming on Twitch and now she needs the new packs when they come out.

• Options
    35883649_2107084749563872_476353903676358656_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=329395120187b799fb51879b3f24f1af&oe=5BE8CD91
    How I feel right now
  • Options
    hahaha @Vuneca I am Squidward currently. When it goes on sale I'll consider it, but I've yet to buy any of the S4 stuff full price so keeping up that streak.

@Piazzagirl1015 Tyrone looks good. Can't wait to see how The One plays out in S4

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top