Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having Baby at Hospital Guarantees only one Baby?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    thedoctor5026thedoctor5026 Posts: 21 Member
    > @destineepanic said:
    > > @keekee53 said:
    > > I wish
    > >
    > > Some of my couples have had some unwanted twins and triplets this generation...lol All of them born at the hospital.
    >
    > Same! lol It's so funny when you're just expecting a normal single child, and TWO come out! Thinking about it now though, I haven't had twins yet in TS4.

So far I have had two lots of 'natural' twins on the TS4 and one on a 'Ley Line' lot - bearing in mind I removed the trait before they even moved in... 0.o bit of a surprise! I was playing with minimal money (for the fun), that certainly stretched the budget!! XD
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I've had twins at hospitals. No key-line lot trait and no fertility trait.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    No, not all. The number of babies is set at the time of conception. However, if you use the MC Command Center Mod, you can change the number of babies, for instance up to six babies at a time (or any other number you prefer) without altering what the hospital experience offers. I use the MC Command Center Mod all the time, especially when I want my families to have more than twins or triplets at a time.
  • Options
    Kris21Kris21 Posts: 4 New Member
    Where is the hospital how do I get to it when a sim is sick ? I can’t find it, let alone add traits to it.
  • Options
    Kris21Kris21 Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="gothprincess4ever;c-16442731"]No, not all. The number of babies is set at the time of conception. However, if you use the MC Command Center Mod, you can change the number of babies, for instance up to six babies at a time (or any other number you prefer) without altering what the hospital experience offers. I use the MC Command Center Mod all the time, especially when I want my families to have more than twins or triplets at a time.[/quote]

What is the MC cOmmand Center mood??
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited April 2018
    Kris21 wrote: »
    Where is the hospital how do I get to it when a sim is sick ? I can’t find it, let alone add traits to it.

You can only go to the hospital 2 ways. Both require having the Get To Work expansion pack.
    1. You can put your sim in the doctor career that comes with the pack and when it's time for them to go to work each day you can choose to either send them alone or join them.
    2. When a pregnant sim goes into labor you click on them and you can choose to just have the baby and your sim will deliver at home, or you can choose send to hospital. If you don't have the Get To Work pack your sim will go to the hospital alone time will speed way up and they will return with baby. But, if you do have Get To Work and choose send to hospital you'll get a lol up asking if you want to send them alone or join them. If you join them you can witness the birth and choose 1 other sim to go as well.

Right now there is no way to send a sick sim to the hospital. You can cure them by purchasing medicine on any in game computer, or by having them drink orange juice from the fridge and taking lots of naps or sleeping, or if you have the Spa Day pack you can make them tea with the herbal tea brewer. :)
  • Options
    K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    Kris21 wrote: »

What is the MC cOmmand Center mood??

Its a modification for the game. It comes with a more indept story progression and a lot of possibilities for the player to enhance his gameplay (more household slots, cheats, the ability to change how long it takes for a sim to age, tweaks for woohoo and much more)
    However it is not supported by EA - which means if you're running into troubles while using it EA won't do a thing. Then you'll have to report those bugs to the creator (I think his name is deadpool).
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    I have the opposite problem. My Sims keep having triplets and twins every single time. Hospital or not. Without me trying to trigger it.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    So in my game the other day I wanted my household to have twins, so I did a variety of actions to basically guarantee my chance of twins. I applied the 'On Ley Line' Lot Trait, I gave my female sim a fertile massage, and one of my sims even has the Fertile Reward Trait. The belly of my female sim seemed bigger than the average sim pregnancy so I thought that she was for sure having twins. When she went into labour I had her have the baby at the hospital only to end up with one baby. So I decided to do a little experiment in my game today to try and have twins at the hospital. I took the steps necessary to have a guaranteed chance of twins. I applied the 'On Ley Line' Lot Trait, I gave one of the sims the Fertile Reward Trait, I gave the female sim a Fertility Massage, and I even had both sims drink the Elixir of Fertility. The pregnancy went through normally and when it came time to have the baby I went to have it at the hospital, only to end up with one baby again. So then I tried to have twins again with the same steps taken except this time I had the baby born at home and just like I expected I had twins. I'm going to try and have twins at the hospital again but right now it seems like twins just won't be born at the hospital, or maybe I'm just really unlucky with having twins at the hospital. Does anyone else have similar experiences?

Maybe?? Try downloading a pregnant with twins family off the gallery and trying it twice with them. I have a garenteed one on my profile on sims (Leahmiller2006)
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    I did not read all of the comments so if someone already mentioned this then just ignore me. Going to the hospital to have the baby will negate the 'on ley line' trait. You have to have the baby at home for it to work. Never had it fail if I don't go to the hospital.

I did not know this, if I put the lot trait on the Hospital lot will it work then? But thank you for this info.

I don't know. I don't even know if the 'on ley line' will allow you to put it on a hospital lot but you can certainly try.
  • Options
    mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    I swear that the harder I try for multiples, the less I get them. Every time that I've really wanted them, getting all the traits and tricks does me no good. But, when I'm not trying for multiples, BOOM, triplets. :/
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    mistwolf7 wrote: »
    I swear that the harder I try for multiples, the less I get them. Every time that I've really wanted them, getting all the traits and tricks does me no good. But, when I'm not trying for multiples, BOOM, triplets. :/

Maybe this aspect of the game is bugged?
  • Options
    0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    Mine's the exact opposite, whenever my sims have a baby in the hospital it's always either twins or triplets. Kinda annoying, since my previous household (Generation 5 of the Not So Berry Challenge) they already had 3 kids, I wanted one more and I got another 3! Gonna be hell! :D:s
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I can have single births at the hospital. Twins at home. The thing I struggle with in the game is getting triplets. I had them once and they were all girls. I never had triplets again.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The one set of twins I've ever had in my game were born at the hospital. I was quite certain (hoping) she'd have twins since her husband had given her a fertility massage just before conception, and right after they watched the "Kids show" together.

The only differences I can tell from hospital vs. home births is you won't get a birth certificate unless your Sims are born at the hospital. And the special animations of course. :)
  • Options
    EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    Doing the 100 Baby Challenge my Sims had 6x twins and 3x triplets so far as you can see here. All children were born in the hospital.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    EA_Spectre wrote: »
    Doing the 100 Baby Challenge my Sims had 6x twins and 3x triplets so far as you can see here. All children were born in the hospital.

I think my game hates me