Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upstairs deleting floor tiles for stair landing solution

wingedaliencatwingedaliencat Posts: 3 New Member
I went online to look for a solution to the second floor- floor tile deletion so I could build a stairway with an open area around it. I saw alot of "build a wall and delete the area you don't want" solutions, as well as complaints that this "breaks" a room or causes glitches. So I got to playing with it a little and found a solution that works out pretty well without breaking the room. The Deck. So I built a house that has a grand staircase going up to the second floor, but I wanted the area around the stairs open. When you use your sledgehammer tool, it wants to delete the whole flooring. No problem. Go ahead and delete that floor. Now, assuming your deck is set to the minimal height setting, build a deck inside your house where you want the floor to be. Bam! You've got a floor. Adjust the size and shape, and if need be use the triangle deck shape to get into any awkward places. Drag and shape until you have your desired effect. Really not that hard. You can build walls, half walls, and fences around the deck if you'd like and it shouldn't cause any glitches. I have yet to experience any myself. Hope this helped anyone having problems with this.

Comments