Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What can you do with your dog?

So far I only have one puppy I've played with, but it doesn't seem like you can do much with them. You can toss them the ball, but can you play tug of war? Can you play catch? Are there any activities like that similar to what we had in TS3?
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    You can do more with adult dogs/cats than you can with puppies/kittens. I haven't played TS4 in awhile so my memory isn't super fresh, but from what I recall, you could teach your dogs tricks, take them on walks, bathe them, teach them how to fetch, and a bunch of other little social interactions. Puppies meanwhile are basically there to look cute but don't do a whole lot until they're older.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Really not enough IMO. You can play catch when they are adults, and train them to do different things, but there's no tug of war and my dogs typically just stand there doing nothing all day. And my poor puppy is crying and whining at my Sims feet and they'd rather do ANYTHING than pay attention to their dog, apparently (on free will).

That pack just frustrates me.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    I also find puppies don't eat at their own will either.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »

My puppies always eat on their own....puppies don't need to eat as much or nearly as often as adult dogs though. My adult dogs will finish an entire bowl when they eat....the puppies don't even eat half a bowl.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    DeadFishy wrote: »

My puppies always eat on their own....puppies don't need to eat as much or nearly as often as adult dogs though. My adult dogs will finish an entire bowl when they eat....the puppies don't even eat half a bowl.

Dogs with the 'glutton' trait eat more too.

• Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    My puppies hardly ate at all. I had to get them to eat because I was worried they were getting hungry, even though they weren't uncomfortable. It's a glitch I keep having, their bowl is full yet they don't eat and they go hungry, so I'm always mindful of that.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Depends on the dogs traits, I've played around with some lately to see if some do other things etc.. I haven't done many to date but I have plans in the works, here's what I learnt so far:

Active traits- you can go swimming with your pup and you can throw a ball in the pool and they will go get it and bring it back.
    Adventurous traits - you can go on adventures with your pup and you get story options/opportunities and it builds relationships with whomever went.
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman