Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 not saving

Hello everyone,
I saved my game at least 3 times yesterday and a 4th time when turning it off to go to sleep. I turn my computer on today and load the game... and it's reverted back to how everything was when I moved my sim to a new lot, but nothing after that was saved. It's very stressful to lose 3 children, the house I made and my career =[

Comments

• Options
    suzanna75suzanna75 Posts: 5 New Member
    I am having the same problem i have lost 2 career upgrades a baby and 3 maximum skill points which took 3 days to achieve i am almost to the point of stopping whats the point in playing when you cant save?
  • Options
    ellespencer323ellespencer323 Posts: 3 New Member
    My entire game was lost. So I tried to be positive & rebuild with more interesting families but those games disappeared too. I see my saves in the game folder but Sims 4 doesn't. With the money I spent and the time I put into playing the game, I'm beyond frustrated. Imagine you getting your home just right, being at level 8 in your career, your engagement, siblings marriage and your possible niece or nephew who's on the way just disappearing. It's hard to put up with a game like this.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My entire game was lost. So I tried to be positive & rebuild with more interesting families but those games disappeared too. I see my saves in the game folder but Sims 4 doesn't. With the money I spent and the time I put into playing the game, I'm beyond frustrated. Imagine you getting your home just right, being at level 8 in your career, your engagement, siblings marriage and your possible niece or nephew who's on the way just disappearing. It's hard to put up with a game like this.

Here's a topic that can help you recover those earlier saves and make them playable again: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    xxsimsmaniacxxxxsimsmaniacxx Posts: 4 New Member
    I have had no problem with my game not saving, however, I moved one of my couples into a new house, edited the house and them completely but I was getting tired and was going to bed. I pressed the 'Save' button and it did the loading-saving screen. I waited for it to completely save but, it went on for ages. I decided to shut off my computer and come back to see that it was still on my LAST save! No, all of my progress was not gone, but it wasn't allowing me to save at all - so I can't actually play.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I have had no problem with my game not saving, however, I moved one of my couples into a new house, edited the house and them completely but I was getting tired and was going to bed. I pressed the 'Save' button and it did the loading-saving screen. I waited for it to completely save but, it went on for ages. I decided to shut off my computer and come back to see that it was still on my LAST save! No, all of my progress was not gone, but it wasn't allowing me to save at all - so I can't actually play.

Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

• Options
    xxsimsmaniacxxxxsimsmaniacxx Posts: 4 New Member
    Thank you so much, it really helped! :smiley:
  • Options
    IileaIilea Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'm having the same problem as above but it's not just game it's also my origin and none of the above have worked for me I have tried resetting the game just now and unfortunately it got rid of all my household which I was very dissapointed about I will see how this works all though I have attempted this before
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Iilea wrote: »
    Hi, I'm having the same problem as above but it's not just game it's also my origin and none of the above have worked for me I have tried resetting the game just now and unfortunately it got rid of all my household which I was very dissapointed about I will see how this works all though I have attempted this before

Hello @lilea
    To get back your save games, library items and mods, go to Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder and move the saves, tray and mods folders to the recycle bin. Then go to the sims 4 folder that is on your desktop, “ copy” the saves, tray and mods folders that are in that folder, and paste them into the Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder . Your save games, library items and mods will be back.