Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Stuff SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I know it was said somewhere they can't be used in retail, but I was wondering if they can be put on any lots other than residential? If the sims go there and have to care for them that is.. kind of like when you can grow plants on other lot types. If this has been answered sorry. My brain is trying to wake up. Thinking about making either a children's place... or a quasi petting zoo, or maybe a plague center. Not sure which.

That's a great idea! I have a kindergarten that I set my children's creative club to meet at. The lot type is park. Children apparently cannot catch the rodent fever. The rodent can be the class pet. Do children gain Responsibility from feeding the rodent, as they do in Cats and Dogs? I hope this works out! @Hermitgirl
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2018
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Just making sure: so there are no guinea pigs?
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2018
    happygurl wrote: »

There's guinea pigs. They're in the trailer. There's no hamsters.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    happygurl wrote: »

There are four small pets. A hamster, a rat, a hedgehog and a bubalus (voidctitter). They are, essentially, the same rodent using the recolor to change it's "look". There is only one per cage, they do not reproduce and can have a secret life while your sim sleeps. If you do not keep the cage clean, your teen and up sims can contract a possibly deadly disease, the Rabid Rodent Fever. If your sim dies of this disease, they come back as a ghost in a hamster suit.
  • Options
    It's a GUINEA PIG, not a hamster, people. Guinea pigs look nothing like hamsters, and the trailer shows no hamsters whatsoever, unless it's some super secret pet that we have to discover.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited March 2018
    ^^Thank you Dannydanbo!
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    tobumon wrote: »
    It's a GUINEA PIG, not a hamster, people. Guinea pigs look nothing like hamsters, and the trailer shows no hamsters whatsoever, unless it's some super secret pet that we have to discover.

This is a thread for information from Maxis and SimGurus. They call them Hamsters. Whether you think they look like hamsters or not, that is what they are. Please stop spreading misinformation in my thread.

@happygurl See the first page of this thread: Maxis says they are hamsters, not guinea pigs.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    So you saying that the devs are always right? Obviously they mistook the guinea pig for a hamster. Sure you can call them hamsters, but it'd be weird to keep calling them that when they look 100% like womrats/guinea pigs. Just call them oddly shaped hamsters then, if that's what you prefer :3

I wish the pack actually did have hamsters though. I've had 4 in my day, and it'd be cool to have them in The Sims, but to date no hamsters have ever appeared in the series :(
  • Options
    So you saying that the devs are always right? Obviously they mistook the guinea pig for a hamster. Sure you can call them hamsters, but it'd be weird to keep calling them that when they look 100% like womrats/guinea pigs. Just call them oddly shaped hamsters then, if that's what you prefer :3

I wish the pack actually did have hamsters though. I've had 4 in my day, and it'd be cool to have them in The Sims, but to date no hamsters have ever appeared in the series :(

The official word is that it is a hamster, and this thread is for gathering things that we've officially been told. If you would like to take issue with what the designers say about their own product, please do that somewhere other than this thread.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Graham said Hamsters. That's what I'm going by.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Graham on the livestream: Sure, you can have them on community lots. You won't have to take care of them as often because when you're not on the lot, they're considered 'taken care of'. When you're on the lot, you will have to look after them though, as you would at home. (Not a direct word-for-word quote but close paraphrasing.) :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Regardless if it's a guinea pig or not, they're still very much a delicacy in Ecuador. Yum!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Graham said you can have the new pets on neighbor lots too, and they work the same as on community lots. They need to be taken care of when the lot is loaded, and they're paused/taken care of automatically when you're not on the lot. I don't know why if your Sim is visiting friends you'd plop down a new pet there, but I assume this is useful if your Sim's friends have a pet to know you can still take care of it as your Sim. :)

Also, Graham said that Vampires are NOT immune to the illness, so although not intentional, Hamster-Suited Vampire Ghosts are a thing! :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Regardless if it's a guinea pig or not, they're still very much a delicacy in Ecuador. Yum!

Oh thanks for that imagery
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Oh thanks for that imagery

A friend of mine says they don't actually taste like chicken.

Graham on the livestream: Sure, you can have them on community lots. You won't have to take care of them as often because when you're not on the lot, they're considered 'taken care of'. When you're on the lot, you will have to look after them though, as you would at home. (Not a direct word-for-word quote but close paraphrasing.) :)
    Graham said you can have the new pets on neighbor lots too, and they work the same as on community lots. They need to be taken care of when the lot is loaded, and they're paused/taken care of automatically when you're not on the lot. I don't know why if your Sim is visiting friends you'd plop down a new pet there, but I assume this is useful if your Sim's friends have a pet to know you can still take care of it as your Sim. :)

Also, Graham said that Vampires are NOT immune to the illness, so although not intentional, Hamster-Suited Vampire Ghosts are a thing! :D

Thank you GOG :)
  • Options
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Can you see the hamster's UI while hovering over the cage? If that's possible, surely cats and dogs should be given the same benefits of seeing their UI?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Can you see the hamster's UI while hovering over the cage? If that's possible, surely cats and dogs should be given the same benefits of seeing their UI?
    Not a typical Sims UI, but you can see their three needs - Attention, activity and hunger. It looks like this:
    nsR2HCL.png
  • Options
    Last round of Guru quotes! But be sure to also check out early-access Simmer reviews etc., collected here by @catloverplayer :
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936664/early-access-thread-for-my-first-pet-eagamechangers-monday-march-12th#latest

Some clarification on retail, the pet treat, and Parenthood traits:

Clarification on rodent disease treatment:

How to acquire rodent disease when that's your goal!

But hedgehogs aren't rodents!

Is there a plain coffee table?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top