Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Needing a new desktop! Any advice?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    pop5tarpop5tar Posts: 8 New Member
    PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP?! My current computer is unable to run sims 3 and 4 with all my expansions, etc. I have just bought a new laptop but i have read that it will not be very good. I will send the laptop and the specs but will someone please tell me if it will run the sims3 and sims4 with lots of expansions and if it will be quickish. I am not bothered about it being super high quality graphics, etc. x
    (ASUS K550IU-GO075T)
    AMD Quad Core FX-9830P Processor,
    15.6" HD Screen,
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit,
    8GB DDR4 RAM,
    128GB SSD, 1000GB HDD, DVD RW,
    AMD Radeon RX460 4GB Graphics,
    USB 3 | HDMI | Bluetooth
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    pop5tar wrote: »
    PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP?! My current computer is unable to run sims 3 and 4 with all my expansions, etc. I have just bought a new laptop but i have read that it will not be very good. I will send the laptop and the specs but will someone please tell me if it will run the sims3 and sims4 with lots of expansions and if it will be quickish. I am not bothered about it being super high quality graphics, etc. x
    (ASUS K550IU-GO075T)
    AMD Quad Core FX-9830P Processor,
    15.6" HD Screen,
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit,
    8GB DDR4 RAM,
    128GB SSD, 1000GB HDD, DVD RW,
    AMD Radeon RX460 4GB Graphics,
    USB 3 | HDMI | Bluetooth

This laptop has some pretty bad reviews on Newegg. We usually don't recommend AMD in laptops. AMD will also heat up more.

Laptop Nvidia /Intel is teh way to go

Video card Nvidia GTX 1050, 1050 ti, 1060

processor i5 or i7 quad core. The processor number will end in HQ or MQ

8gb computer ram

at least 500 gb hard drive space or more

windows 64 bit
  • Options
    pop5tarpop5tar Posts: 8 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > pop5tar wrote: »
    >
    > PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP?! My current computer is unable to run sims 3 and 4 with all my expansions, etc. I have just bought a new laptop but i have read that it will not be very good. I will send the laptop and the specs but will someone please tell me if it will run the sims3 and sims4 with lots of expansions and if it will be quickish. I am not bothered about it being super high quality graphics, etc. x
    > (ASUS K550IU-GO075T)
    > AMD Quad Core FX-9830P Processor,
    > 15.6" HD Screen,
    > Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit,
    > 8GB DDR4 RAM,
    > 128GB SSD, 1000GB HDD, DVD RW,
    > AMD Radeon RX460 4GB Graphics,
    > USB 3 | HDMI | Bluetooth
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This laptop has some pretty bad reviews on Newegg. We usually don't recommend AMD in laptops. AMD will also heat up more.
    >
    > Laptop Nvidia /Intel is teh way to go
    >
    > Video card Nvidia GTX 1050, 1050 ti, 1060
    >
    > processor i5 or i7 quad core. The processor number will end in HQ or MQ
    >
    > 8gb computer ram
    >
    > at least 500 gb hard drive space or more
    >
    > windows 64 bit

thankyou, i will reconsider
  • Options
    Rebekah0425Rebekah0425 Posts: 6 New Member
    Apparently the laptop I currently have is not compatible with the sims 4 game with cats and dogs expansion because I don’t have enough space. If anyone would like to help me or suggest something I could use please do. If possible I would prefer something like a laptop but if that won’t work I may be able to make exceptions. My B-day is in a few months and I was thinking I could ask for it then. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Apparently the laptop I currently have is not compatible with the sims 4 game with cats and dogs expansion because I don’t have enough space. If anyone would like to help me or suggest something I could use please do. If possible I would prefer something like a laptop but if that won’t work I may be able to make exceptions. My B-day is in a few months and I was thinking I could ask for it then. Any suggestions?

What do you think would be the budget? and what country are you in?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    FairyRulerFairyRuler Posts: 49 Member
    Update: I have the tower and monitor now and it runs my game so smoothly. I almost wept XD I can see all the little details in their clothes and it doesn't look horrid anymore. Also, runs Sims Medieval a ton better! tenor.gif?itemid=5404289
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    I just ordered this computer, @FairyRuler. I was just wondering if you have all the eps? I'm still waiting on the computer and I'm super excited to see it preform as I haven't been able to play the sims in months as my old pc crashed. I'm hoping it runs all the eps.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    bnchels wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I need help! My last computer died (it's okay, it was old and expected) so I had to download all my Sims 3 games onto my new one. I have all the expansion packs but I couldn't find the code for the Sims 3 University. Do I have to buy the expansion pack again or is there anyway I can avoid that???

If you registered your codes already on Origin, or on the Sims 3 website, you can download the game direct from Origin to your new computer. That's what I did when I upgraded from a notebook with integrated graphics to a gaming desktop. You can also check your Sims 3 store account to redownload any store content from your purchase history (especially worlds and premium content).

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.