Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    OminousFlareOminousFlare Posts: 2,118 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    threw is the verb -- grammar book is what he threw, the wall is where he threw ... so Nathan I guess.
    Sorry, idontrcall - you just lost your streak. :frowning:

Awww, man.

this is fun, Ominous.
    It's not easy to find questions though, since it's a really old show. lol And I can't just get all my questions from a single video, because there's a higher risk of cheating like that. I skipped between multiple videos. lol
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    threw is the verb -- grammar book is what he threw, the wall is where he threw ... so Nathan I guess.
    lol There's been an embarrassing mistake on my part. It was Nathan. :lol: 1 point to idontrcall. But hey, at least you guys get to know what it's like to lose a streak. :tongue:

4 more questions, Idontrcall. And boy, is the 6th grade question a tough one. I don't think any one would be able to get it, so I might have to reduce the difficulty when the time comes.

Here's your next question, 5th Grade General Knowledge:
    The first Aboriginal player to captain an Australian team was rugby union's "Mark" who?
  • Options
    ButterishButterish Posts: 255 Member
    My instincts tell me Mark Ella but ehhhh
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Butterish wrote: »
    My instincts tell me Mark Ella but ehhhh
    lol Did you cheat? Because you just earned 5 points!

Alright, 4th Grade World Geography, coming up:
    Mexico is bordered on the South by Belize and what other Central American country?
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Butterish might be from that part of the world -- or a rugby fan. I would never have guessed. Good job!

Is it Guatemala? I think it is ... not sure.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    I've always wanted to visit Belize. Maybe one day. Tropical the island breeze, all of nature wild and free. This is where I long to be, la isla bonita. I hope those are the right words, bahahha.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Is it Guatemala? I think it is ... not sure.
    Yep. La isla bonita are the right words - and so is Guatemala! 4 points to Idontrcall!

Wow, three more questions. Are you excited, Idontrcall? Because boy, that 6th Grade question has an answer that random guesswork wouldn't work - so I'll definitely know if you Googled the answer. :lol:

Here's 5th Grade Math, fractions - all the way from Sunny Singapore!
    Name the missing number (?) to complete the equivalent fraction:
    1/8 = 2/16 = 3/24 = 4/32 = ?/40 = 6/48

This is pretty easy, so it's another fastest finger first.
  • Options
    ButterishButterish Posts: 255 Member
    Are you serious? Lol, its 5
  • Options
    Butterish wrote: »
    Are you serious? Lol, its 5
    Yeah, I just chose a random 5th Grade question outta the blue. lol It's 5. Congrats. :P

Alright, time for a real question. 5th Grade Physical Science:
    A common type of radio wave is referred to as VHF. What do the letters "VHF" stand for?
  • Options
    very high frequency? bahahahha

I know that's wrong.

I love this game, but I'm done for the day -- I hope you are playing tomorrow :)
  • Options
    very high frequency? bahahahha

I know that's wrong.

I love this game, but I'm done for the day -- I hope you are playing tomorrow :)
    Alright, I'll catch you tomorrow, since you'll only have TWO questions left to answer! 5 points to Idontrcall!

5th Grade Life Science:
    A cell's chromosomes are located inside which organelle?
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Is anyone still playing? Because it's obviously the nucleus... most of the time. Some simple cells don't have a nucleus at all, and their DNA just floats freely.
  • Options
    Is anyone still playing? Because it's obviously the nucleus... most of the time. Some simple cells don't have a nucleus at all, and their DNA just floats freely.
    That's correct; 5 points to puzzlezaddict.

Next question is life science again, at 4th Grade:
    What is the scientific term for an organism that makes its food from inorganic material?
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    An autotroph?
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    A robit.

Beep boop.
  • Options
    Don't know -- but I'm here for next question!
  • Options
    Okay, guys, I feel scummy for saying this, but I've been wanting to let this thread die and just drop altogether since last night. I feel like it's not working out because I can't be sure whom is Googling for answers or not. It's just an impractical game, and doesn't feel very fun when the chances of cheating (even if you haven't actually cheated) are just so high.

Again, I'm not calling any one a cheater here, but I just don't feel like it's a very practical game to play in a forum. Sorry everyone. You could create another new thread if you want, but I just don't think I want to do this anymore.