Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Annoying Butler

Is there anyway to change your butler? I've tried firing the one and hiring another and I get the same one. He such an uptight fusspot. And neither he nor the maid wants to clean the highchair.

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I think the butler is bugged. Right now he's not doing anything unless I tell him to and even then ugh..The nanny is just as useless with toddlers.

I've fired the butler and they keep giving me the same one, my previous butler was fine but somehow he stopped being my butler. What I did was just MC Command and delete the other butler, this new one seems nice so far.

It might be an outdated or conflicting mod on my end though as it wasn't like this until the patch.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I wonder if you made him a household member if you could take him into CAS and change some traits? Has anyone tried this?
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Welp I wont be buying that pack until butlers are fixed :(
  • Options

Don't hold your breath. They still haven't fixed the sims on the sidewalk if you save and quit your game while they are sleeping, when you open the game back up they are all on the sidewalk, this has been since day one.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member

Don't hold your breath. They still haven't fixed the sims on the sidewalk if you save and quit your game while they are sleeping, when you open the game back up they are all on the sidewalk, this has been since day one.

I've always hated that, it breaks continuity for me.
  • Options
    I figured it out. Ask the current butler to move in and when he does you automatically get a new one (not that he will be better). Then move out the old one.
  • Options
    MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member

This will happen if you went into the build mode in-between. And it makes perfect sense.
  • Options
    MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    I figured it out. Ask the current butler to move in and when he does you automatically get a new one (not that he will be better). Then move out the old one.

No. When your first butler arrives, interview him/her (''get to know'). If they have traits like lazy, evil, hates children, etc., fire him/her immediately and hire a new one. Repeat. It might take up to 4-5 tries before you are satisfied with the traits of the butler. If yes, 'assign bed to butler'. If you return to play that family and there is a strange, new butler (this is a game play error), fire him/her. Hire a new butler and you 'old butler' is likely to be the first one to show up. If so, assign the bed immediately. Reassign bed before you switch to playing another family. Having a loyal, befriended butler is vital to families with toddlers, as toddlers won't let strangers give them baths. Also, if your host family adults woohoo with the butler, reassign the butler's bed to the butler afterwards (avoids confusion). Also, as in real life, you will get better performance from the butler if you periodically 'praise'him/her for their services.
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Closing thread as it was necro'd.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top