Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what the heck, after update

I lost a ton of cc clothes after last update.. Did anyone else have the "Joy" of this??
while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I have something in my clothing file causing the creepy wooden doll glitch again. Something in my objects folder causing a script error and can't place room, lots or landscaping items. I haven't taken the time to find out just yet.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    I have something in my clothing file causing the creepy wooden doll glitch again. Something in my objects folder causing a script error and can't place room, lots or landscaping items. I haven't taken the time to find out just yet.

thank you, I helps to know I am not the only going through these things also. Sorry you are also having to deal with these things also.
  • Options
    Yeah it is frustrating. I've been loosing more and more objects with new packs and patches. So I've been only using the CC objects within my homes my sims live in. I've been debating on just picking random things that look good together and recoloring all sorts of things again. I'm sorry that your going through it as well.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member

Omg it's back...
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    I know it is so frustrating,, I was praying that it was gone for good.
  • Options
    Gatekeeper90Gatekeeper90 Posts: 1 New Member
    -_-' My game won't even load only thing I get is a white screen and the music.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    -_-' My game won't even load only thing I get is a white screen and the music.

Hello @Gatekeeper90
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited February 2018
    @GoddessSims have you tried running the latest batch fix from Sims 4 Studio? You will need to sign up download the program, but membership is free. I would recommend the Update CAS CC Pets Patch for the wooden doll syndrome and Fix Objects for Cats & Dogs Patch.

To use the batch fixes, open Sims 4 Studio and choose Tools from the menu at the top of the start page. In the drop-down menu, you will see an option for Batch Fixes, then you may choose CAS or Objects and then the above-mentioned fixes.

I am unaware of anything in the latest patch that has broken CC. I am guessing you have added older CC since the Cats and Dog patches were made available that is affecting your game. You may need to periodically run the batch fixes as you add older CC. The batch fixes only affect CC that is in your Mods folder. CC made after the Cats & Dogs patches should not have the issues you mentioned.
  • Options
    @Bananas_45 I was able to fix it without doing all off that. The issue turned out to be when my friend reformatted my computer and lost everything, I was able to retrieve an older CAS folder that had the broken file from AGES ago. So it wasn't anything newly broken. It was just I found a old folder with a misplaced file that was causing the issue before.

I'm getting normal looking and sometimes gorgeous townies again.

XMQghqn.png

Their fashion choices are something to be desired though.

nJluLxX.png

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´