Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Centre

UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
So I recently installed this mod in sims 4 to test it out and see what you can do with it. I have to say it has saved the sims 4 for me. The story progression has given the game a bit more depth and immersion. Before building relationships and leaving the house felt like a bit of a chore, felt pointless when all the other sims in the game never progressed or changed besides getting older. Now your sims friends will possibly get married, have kids etc It makes the game feel more alive and the other sims around more like characters in a story rather than a bunch of reacting pixels. For the first time I can say I'm enjoying playing the sims beyond 15 minutes of playtime. I enjoy going to community lots more and making friends for my sims feels like it has a purpose. It's added a sense of realism in the game that was really lacking, it has helped the world feel a little more open and made story telling more interesting.

So big props to the creator of this mod and I'd recommend it to anyone who is not enjoying the sims 4/ feeling its lacking. The game still has problems, and is still lacking many features for me but it has made the game more enjoyable for now at least. What I don't understand is, Story progression is obviously possible in this game, so why is it not part of the game to begin with or added in as update? I just assumed it wasn't possible on the sims 4 engine. It's mad that this was introduced by a modder (for free!) rather than the creators of the game itself.

Comments

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    MC_Command Center is the best. i have to agree. I can't imagine playing Sims4 without it.

I love the population control. I love the moving of unplayed sims into houses, letting them get married and have children.

He does a fantastic job with that mod and keeps it up to date with all the latest patches/releases as well.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    It's really a amazing mod, isn't it? It's also great to keep your save clean and free of bugs, freezes and what not, by cleaning townies relationship panels, ghosts. I can't live without it.

About the story progression, I heard it's the way the game was intended to be, so you could play rotationally in a Sims 2 style. Some choice would be good however.

(I love your avatar pic!)
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I forgot to add the move out elders and puts them in a 'retirement home'. No more single elders just taking up houses for families to move into.
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    This mod is definitely a life-saver! :) I love watching the town grow along with my sim's family.
  • Options
    I should say as well, I'm running my game on a MacBook pro. Nothing special in terms of gaming. The story progression runs fine on my game, I haven't had any issues. So it can't be because EA wanted to make this game budget PC friendly as possible. (I know a MacBook pro isn't budget friendly but its not build for gaming and there is not a lot of games I can run on it)
  • Options
    Cherrybug90Cherrybug90 Posts: 75 Member
    I won't play the game without the mod. I love it.
  • Options
    PapayaSkyPapayaSky Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2017
    Ultra wrote: »
    I should say as well, I'm running my game on a MacBook pro. Nothing special in terms of gaming. The story progression runs fine on my game, I haven't had any issues. So it can't be because EA wanted to make this game budget PC friendly as possible. (I know a MacBook pro isn't budget friendly but its not build for gaming and there is not a lot of games I can run on it)

In TS3, one of the biggest simmer requests demands was for story progression to be gone. I really don't get it. This, for me anyway, was more upsetting that the loading screen thing and no toddlers put together.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I admit I initially dragged my feet over using this mod but after adding it I definitely can't imagine playing without it now. I mostly use it for the story progression but do get some use out of the other settings on a need-for basis.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Glitter_bugGlitter_bug Posts: 70 Member
    I love this mod. I was so heartbroken when Nraas quit modding for the sims community. So this was such a relief that someone else seemed to pick up the torch!
    Check out my ISBI Legacy Challenge here: http://ts4-townie.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I use MC as well but chose not to use story progression since that ruins my collective story.

For some of us the absence of story progression is a feature :smile:
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    The MCCC story progression always ends in a big mess in my game. Not only that sims that marry don't fit each other at all, which lets it seem to random, but also that already (!) married sims also remarry through story progression. The story progression in TS3 always bugs me and I have it disabled for some time now, but I still couldn't figure out to disable the mccc story progression in TS4. I literally searched everywhere for such an option, could someone help me? :)
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    The MCCC story progression always ends in a big mess in my game. Not only that sims that marry don't fit each other at all, which lets it seem to random, but also that already (!) married sims also remarry through story progression. The story progression in TS3 always bugs me and I have it disabled for some time now, but I still couldn't figure out to disable the mccc story progression in TS4. I literally searched everywhere for such an option, could someone help me? :)

I would ask in http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest or on DPs discord live chat.
    There are plenty of story progression settings, and best way to cover all of them, is to check the tumblr documentation.
    (Everything is in my signature for further reading.)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

I arrange all the marriages in my save. Perhaps you can set the story progression to only give children to married sims that are unplayed. That way you can set up marriages that you think are good but you don't have to get the kids done as well?

There are many many different settings in MCCC, talk to people who use it and see if you can come up a formula that suits you :)
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I too love this mod and can no longer stand to play the game without it.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I refuse to use MC Command because I DON'T want SP in my game and I'm glad to play without it being a "feature". It was what ruined S3 for me.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I refuse to use MC Command because I DON'T want SP in my game and I'm glad to play without it being a "feature". It was what ruined S3 for me.

Don't worry, no one is asking you or forcing you to use it....you don't need to refuse :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

As an non-story progression person, I find it useful for *undoing* SP in the game. It now has a way to stop career changes for nonplayed Sims, for example (which means I can leave them more open to relationship culling, since that hits nonplayeds more than playeds, and I do notice the performance difference in load times). It makes it quick to forget Sims completely from the relationship panel when I rotate and find inappropriate-in-my-opinion new relationships at that almost-50% level.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Don't worry, no one is asking you or forcing you to use it....you don't need to refuse :)

I would never activate story progression in MCCC, I use the mod for other things. Story progression is not mandatory in MCCC, it is an option that you have to activate for it to start running. I play the game rotational with an large number of households, no story progression. Below is the list that I use MCCC for. I haven't activated any form of story progression.

- Custom length of life stages
    - Custom decay rate of friendship relationships
    - Custom decay of romantic relationships
    - Custom amount of sims on active lots, more than the original game
    - Randomize visiting sims
    - No relationship culling, I do that manually when moving around the households
    - Lowered the chance of getting pregnant when trying for a baby
    - 5% risky woohoo because life is more interesting then
    - No Grim Reaper. He won't appear in the gym or chatting with people, only shows up when someone dies.
    - No tragic clown
    - No phones
    - No computer
  • Options
    ShaedannaShaedanna Posts: 14 New Member
    I just installed this recently and I love the way the game feels more alive now, but a couple of things I don't like are like Huiiie_07 said, things end up a mess and sims marry who are very clearly not really right for each other, and also I get female sims having lots of babies without even knowing the father(s) - !?!?!?!? Just for an example, Gunther Munch remained unmarried but had triplets with Dina Caliente who he didn't even know, and another with Candy Behr, again, who he didn't even know. Such a mess! I'm going to try another game and see how that goes, but I'm definitely umming and ahhing over it.
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    You can turn off affairs, so only married couples will have children.
  • Options
    everthewildeoneeverthewildeone Posts: 87 Member
    Honestly, I'm absolutely in love with this mod! The only reason I don't have it in my game at the moment is because my mods are turned off. I really need to fix that at some point...
    z2mSmjo.png

Click the siggy to check out my Youtube and if you like what you see, subscribe!
  • Options
    marinapjanicmarinapjanic Posts: 109 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I forgot to add the move out elders and puts them in a 'retirement home'. No more single elders just taking up houses for families to move into.

How can I do that?
    I\m not sure that I've seen that option...
  • Options
    jenna_boo_annejenna_boo_anne Posts: 2 New Member
    Does the story progression just automatically come with installment or are there settings you need to change? I've played with the mod for about half a sim week and have yet to get notifications of people moving, getting married or having babies
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Jenna, the progression runs on particular days that are up to you to choose in MC, you may not have passed a set progression day yet.
  • Options
    cassytaycassytay Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi everyone. I've had MCCC for a while now and I generally love it but I've been having some issues lately and I'm hoping someone can help me find the settings to prevent these things from happening.

1. All my empty homes keep filling up with random sims and every time I update the game the settings go back to default and the houses fill up again.
    2. All the townies are getting pregnant and have new born babies and I dont want them too.
    3. Sims are merging households.
    4. Townies are getting married.
    5. Residential lots are changing to community lots.

If you know how to change the settings so these things dont happen then I would really appreciate it. Otherwise I'm probably going to delete MCCC cause I like my game a certain way.