Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imaginary Friend Appreciation...

I know a lot of Simmers hate their creepy little stuffing filled guts but I find them cute, if not semi annoying at times..

35896608525_c9f0f92e16_c.jpg

35896608625_3e7b8b0815_c.jpg

35896608165_37aa4a6ce9_c.jpg

33858252216_cc85321a59_c.jpg

35751014331_e375a6c4d5_c.jpg

35075341983_4f1af9af21_z.jpg

35507972600_3987511f9f_c.jpg

35896608255_6ec1c7f8fa_c.jpg

35727151242_8e6c5ed05a_c.jpg

35087201873_e130588084_c.jpg

35728474742_b6a21c7afc_c.jpg

35088658753_796106436b_c.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2018
    I thought this was cool,is the I.F. as a mummy,was a downloadable wallpaper for your PC but think is no longer available.I find cool stuff looking for old Sims 3 concept art.

MQhhcAP.jpg

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Will add to the thread later but you know what to expect from me :D If you answered "Dudes" you get 50 lashes with a rubber chicken.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited January 2018
    Will add to the thread later but you know what to expect from me :D If you answered "Dudes" you get 50 lashes with a rubber chicken.

That mummy IF is totally awesome!!

Lotsa Dudes???
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    They still creep me out xD
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited January 2018
    I don't hate them that much. Once in a while. I just get tired of every single flingin' flangin' baby in my family getting them, then I need to get rid of them, or they hang around in family inventories forever.
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    I think they’re cute for toddlers and kids to play with. Sometimes, though, they seem to forget to play with real life kids, skill building toys, etc, so I don’t let them play with it all the time. By the way, what level logic skill does your sim need to make the potion to turn them real? I’ve never actually tried to do it.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Glad you made this topic. A while ago I was all anti. Then @Evalen came along and said in her friendly tone of voice that she loved them and that got me thinking, maybe I should give them another try. So I did and no matter what I may find, my Daryl loves his friend.

QK4n8sm.png

fZbRIIW.png

S7FPJ0f.png

qJaa12P.png

GGDunqQ.png

FeQQ0fx.png

0X6Yxul.png

Yx7hEBo.png
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Here is mine,it's my story and i'm sticking to it :#

One day my sim was wandering down by the park and found a strange doll by the swings.

JILyWd2.png

What a strange toy, I thought to myself,then heard faint voice coming from inside the doll.

1kG2rBz.png

"Free Me"......................

"Please free me"

So I said "I wish,I wish the doll was real"

And in a puff of smoke,an oddly dressed girl appeared in my arms where the doll once was

XscTkRf.png

"You..you feel so real" I said to myself reaching out to her warm hand

MZE3Cwn.png

Is this a dream?? and slowly reached out to touch her face.."You are beautiful"

VDUKr8S.png

I could not help myself she was like an angel,and I grabbed her and began to kiss her lips...

k6DneS3.png

After that I scooped her up and carried her to my magical castle made of candy.We had many beautiful glitter sprinkled children and adopted two unicorns and lived happily ever after...

The End!!

AFKLtbV.png

:mrgreen:

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @CravenLestat , LOL!!!!!!! That was wonderful!! ;)
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Fairytale material that <3
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Sorry :/ No pictures here... I guess it's been a very long time since I've played one. Awesome pictures here so far.

The only thing I don't like is when made real, they are a basic puddin' faced sim (all sliders 0). I'm currently playing the LEPacy challenge (and I'm sure people are sick of me mentioning).. Anyways, When I unlocked the Generations EP, I decided not to have one. I do plan on getting one for the generation 6 heir. Not sure what I will do with the doll once made real but possibly the Magician profession. It sounds fitting... I already have a potion waiting that one of the spares made.

I have imaginary friends modded out with NRaas: Retuner. Then another mod to make them purchasable for when I do want one. Default face for those you who play them:
    http://modthesims.info/d/566300
    MTS_Danjaley-1578033-if3.jpg
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Yes, I regret their default pudding look as well, but I’m planning to adjust that in CAS if (not sure yet) it will become a real boy.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    The IF dolls give me the creeps, glitch my game, so they are modded out. As much as I love fantasy stuff, I don't love them. >:)
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I love the I.F. Doll idea and love their ability to become a human sim (& still go back to doll form) and their I.F. human sim attire but every now and then the I.F. doll ends up with the Mean Spirited trait and it's actual work to get/ keep my sim child and doll friends lol.... It stink how they can turn out to be a mean doll-- and your sim can't just throw out the bad doll either after finding out lol.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    edited January 2018
    I like the IF´s - although I often take them away from the toddlers (just stuff them in their parents inventory), because they don´t do anything else but play with that doll, if they have one. I want them to skill! :D
    My other problem is, if the doll becomes alive, I feel obligated to make it real, which can be a pain in the behind, if I´m playing a new family (my legacy family has just tons of rainbow stones and potions lying around).
    When they become real, I fix their faces in CAS. Love their hair and eye colours.
    Screenshot-x231.jpg
    See? Nathan is playing with the xylophone, like a good little toddler. Steven plays with his doll, Joe. (They were a bit glitched and too close together. It looks, like Nathan is about to hit that doll on the head. Which would be funny, because he ended up marrying him.)

Screenshot-p91.jpg
    Nathan and Joe. Joe has the most beautiful eyes. He´s still a face one, because I was a noob when he became real, and now I don´t want to change him anymore. He´s my favourite IF.

Screenshot-x517.jpg
    More nice hair and eyes. That´s Star.

Screenshot2067.jpg

Screenshot2068.jpg
    It´s fun, that only one sim can see them.

Screenshot2074.jpg
    It´s also fun, when the parents seem to think, that their poor child is deranged.

Screenshot2075.jpg
    Because she´s obviously talking to thin air!

Screenshot-3056.jpg
    OK, they can be a bit creepy.

Screenshot-2814.jpg
    This one glitched, and aged up before the child.

Screenshot-x307.jpg
    Pillow fights seems to be their favourite thing.

Screenshot-x347.jpg

Screenshot-x344.jpg
    This is Joe holding Star. He did this on his own, and it was totally cute, as if he wanted to comfort her, because he was already made real and she was not.

(They moved this thread. I was slightly confused.)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    My Sim brought his IF to life and they are very fond of each other. Here is Viktor (has black hair) and his IF Florian (has orange hair). Their favorite pasttimes are reading and playing chess together.
    Screenshot-1053.jpg
    Screenshot-1055.jpg
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    Screenshot-956.jpg
    Screenshot-1063.jpg
    Screenshot-1057.jpg

I love seeing Viktor and Florian interact. They are so cute. I will be posting pics of their adopted children when they are ready to have them.

• Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    edited January 2018
    I've only played one game where my sim had children (with Generations installed) and so I haven't had the experience that many others, I guess, have had where they are constantly getting IFs for their sims' children. I love the idea of IFs that can be turned into humans and have colorful hair and clothes and such like that. I have 2 PCs that Sims 3 is on. The PC I use to play Sims 3 on is my laptop which will play a few expansions, just not Generations or beyond Late Night. The other PC can actually handle a lot more and actually has all the EPs and SPs installed on it, but it's the family computer and sometimes someone in my family is using it for work or a personal project that I don't want to make them stop what they're doing so I can play.

In my one game - which I don't have any pictures of since that entire Sims 3 folder got deleted several years ago - I had my first sim be a World Traveler and I wanted her to get the majority of the way to her LTW of getting to Level 3 in all 3 countries before even getting married. Then, once she finished that, I let her marry and have a baby that, I think, happened to be a boy. And that has been my one and only time I've ever gotten an IF. I made the IF to be a girl and got it to grow up with my sim's child. The last I remember them, they were both teens and I had them be in a relationship as well as living with his parents, but the parents got along well with the IF when it was human.

In any case, I am about ready to copy my latest World Traveler from my laptop to the family computer where I will likely eventually get her married and have a child so I can try again for that IF. She's quite rich right now and still living in her starter home with (that last I remember anyway) about 450,000 simoleans.

• Options
    SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    This is one of my favorite pictures I have of one of my sims IF. I decided to take a family picture one night, because my sim's sister and her family had come over for dinner. Here is the first picture I took
    28122450479_6a1e78c3b0_c.jpg

I then switched back to the son for some reason and noticed a new addition to the picture. Aarick's IF, Sparkles, photobombed the family picture. He wanted Aarick to play tag with him.
    28122447169_1b20e9227a_c.jpg

• Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Imaginary friends are great! I haven't had a ton, it kind of takes effort to make them come alive? I also play on a longer lifespan, so uh.. Yeah.

My plantsim child currently has my most successful imaginary friend so far.
    screenshot_1534_by_magdaneela-dc2mj1n.jpg
    screenshot_1639_by_magdaneela-dc2mixj.jpg
    screenshot_1646_by_magdaneela-dc2miya.jpg

Their names even match! The plant child is named Oddish, and the IF is named Bellossom. Pokemon names. Yeah. Why not. It's not like they're human. It's not like their parents are quite normal either, the father is both eccentric and insane and the mother is an alien. Makes perfect sense.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr