Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Leaked!] The Sims 4: Jungle Adventures GP Speculation

Comments

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018
    Trailer for this Game Pack is probably coming out this tuesday
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    How does that make any sense?
    This Community cannot handle being teased for a few weeks and yet demands to be teased for years.
    I mean, Imagine they would create a small teaser. Maybe an Image for the next big thing. Every single month one, just one small clue on what it is, and no answers. Just puns and teasing.
    For over a year, until the Pack is properly announced.
    How would you feel?
    Did not bother me at all when Sims 2 announced the next expansion on the pamphlet of the expansion you just purchased. Even though it was more like 6 months not this slow 1 expansion a year we're dealing with now... Everyone but the people in complete denial knew Pets was coming a year before it happened we managed to survive.

The problem is that people are so much more demanding and impatient now. Then, maybe people could wait six months after an announcement to get the pack, but these days, a few weeks is met with whining and insults of slowness or laziness. Except for summer, we get two packs a quarter plus patches and bug fixes and still people are impatient. People can't even be bothered to meet someone to date in person, they swipe them on their phones and wonder why their relationship didn't work out. People get bored too easily and don't want to, or know how to, put the work in to make it worthwhile. Even now, there is a thread about someone who can't figure out what to do in Granite Falls. It's like they have no imagination and expect the game to do the work for them. I'm betting that they will get bored with the adventure GP just as quickly.
    You say it’s the people. I say it’s the game.

The game is not a living thing, people are and can change their behavior.
    The game is fun or not and keeps people busy or not. A game that keeps you occupied influences your behaviour: you won’t miss anything or become demanding, because you’re playing and having fun. Additions can wait. It’s when people get bored that they become impatient. Being impatient is not behaviour, it’s how you feel.

How you react to that impatience does affect your behavior, therefore, it can be controlled or changed.
    Sure. But my point was that you regard that impatience to be caused by people (players), who apparently are a different kind of people than players 10 years ago (more demanding, less patient). My assumption is that it’s not the people who have changed, but the game. You blame the people, I blame the game.

But people are different now than they were ten years ago. With all the advancements in technology, people expect everything to move quicker and happen faster. They want it now, not in a few hours and certainly not in a few weeks. People don't like waiting thirty seconds for popcorn to pop in the microwave when years ago you had to stand at the stove and watch the pot as it popped inside waiting for the moment when the popping slowed to take it off the burner before it burned. We got a teaser a few weeks ago and LD was released, now we wait for the info to begin for the GP and people, including myself, are impatient. Today, we would freak out having to wait six months for an EP to release after getting a card in the box from the one before.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I'm thinking Tomorrow. Today Romantic Garden releases on Console. Laundry Day Stuffs trailer came out the day after Dine Out hit consoles which was Wednesday.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    This Community cannot handle being teased for a few weeks and yet demands to be teased for years.
    I mean, Imagine they would create a small teaser. Maybe an Image for the next big thing. Every single month one, just one small clue on what it is, and no answers. Just puns and teasing.
    How would you feel?
    Did not bother me at all when Sims 2 announced the next expansion on the pamphlet of the expansion you just purchased. Even though it was more like 6 months not this slow 1 expansion a year we're dealing with now... Everyone but the people in complete denial knew Pets was coming a year before it happened we managed to survive.

The problem is that people are so much more demanding and impatient now. Then, maybe people could wait six months after an announcement to get the pack, but these days, a few weeks is met with whining and insults of slowness or laziness. Except for summer, we get two packs a quarter plus patches and bug fixes and still people are impatient. People can't even be bothered to meet someone to date in person, they swipe them on their phones and wonder why their relationship didn't work out. People get bored too easily and don't want to, or know how to, put the work in to make it worthwhile. Even now, there is a thread about someone who can't figure out what to do in Granite Falls. It's like they have no imagination and expect the game to do the work for them. I'm betting that they will get bored with the adventure GP just as quickly.

The game is fun or not and keeps people busy or not. A game that keeps you occupied influences your behaviour: you won’t miss anything or become demanding, because you’re playing and having fun. Additions can wait. It’s when people get bored that they become impatient. Being impatient is not behaviour, it’s how you feel.

How you react to that impatience does affect your behavior, therefore, it can be controlled or changed.
    Sure. But my point was that you regard that impatience to be caused by people (players), who apparently are a different kind of people than players 10 years ago (more demanding, less patient). My assumption is that it’s not the people who have changed, but the game. You blame the people, I blame the game.

But people are different now than they were ten years ago. With all the advancements in technology, people expect everything to move quicker and happen faster. They want it now, not in a few hours and certainly not in a few weeks. People don't like waiting thirty seconds for popcorn to pop in the microwave when years ago you had to stand at the stove and watch the pot as it popped inside waiting for the moment when the popping slowed to take it off the burner before it burned. We got a teaser a few weeks ago and LD was released, now we wait for the info to begin for the GP and people, including myself, are impatient. Today, we would freak out having to wait six months for an EP to release after getting a card in the box from the one before.

100% Agree with you. Except that I don't know how the Community was 10 years ago, BC I only started to play Sims about 3 years ago.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I'm thinking Tomorrow. Today Romantic Garden releases on Console. Laundry Day Stuffs trailer came out the day after Dine Out hit consoles which was Wednesday.

That's a good point, if we get none today then probably tomorrow
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    How would you feel?

pop corn is better pop on a stove its worth the wait and a wonder if there will be new foods in the gp I'm thinking mangoes
    I hope so anyway
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    I think for most the impatience stems from the uncertainty associated with the Sims 4 release schedule. If you do a search for PEPS, pre expansion pack syndrome, you'll find plenty of Sims 3 threads where people were excited and impatient for future releases. University released in March of 2013 but PEPS threads started popping in January. Almost 3 months prior to release. We knew expansions were released roughly every 6 months so the speculation and discussion wasn't as constant as with Sims 4. With the Sims 4 and the release of SPs, GPs, and EPs it just seems like the forum is in a constant state of PEPS due to the uncertainty of what and when. I'm not at all bored with the game yet I'm eager to know what's coming in the next gamepack. And the next stuff pack. And the next expansion. :)
  • Options
    I think for most the impatience stems from the uncertainty associated with the Sims 4 release schedule. If you do a search for PEPS, pre expansion pack syndrome, you'll find plenty of Sims 3 threads where people were excited and impatient for future releases. University released in March of 2013 but PEPS threads started popping in January. Almost 3 months prior to release. We knew expansions were released roughly every 6 months so the speculation and discussion wasn't as constant as with Sims 4. With the Sims 4 and the release of SPs, GPs, and EPs it just seems like the forum is in a constant state of PEPS due to the uncertainty of what and when. I'm not at all bored with the game yet I'm eager to know what's coming in the next gamepack. And the next stuff pack. And the next expansion. :)

But the release schedule for S4 has been pretty consistent. Every quarter (3 months) we get a GP and SP or an EP and SP and, in summer, a SP, each with patches, bug fixes and free stuff. The problem isn't the packs or the game because this is how it is set up to work. The problem is people who expect it to work the way they want it to work. Instead of walking into a dark room and flipping the switch and the light comes on, they want to know why they can't walk into a dark room and the light comes on and then they flip the switch. It don't work that way.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    How would you feel?

I have to agree. Another example that I've personally noticed, is how quickly people move past new information, especially with EPs. I'll use Cats and Dogs as an example. We first got the announcement for the release in late August, I think? There was a bunch of hype that lasted about halfway through September before people started to speculate what the next teaser would reveal and what their hopes were. When that teaser finally came out, it showed only Cats and Dogs, and suddenly there were all of these posts of, "That's it?!" "So nothing this quarter?" "We already knew that!" "I wanted a [insert here] game pack!" "This game is dying! Lazy devs, omg!" etc... And no one had even seen any of the live streams or detailed information yet.

It was the same exact reaction the year before with City Living, except there was also a stuff pack coming that quarter and people were upset because it was "Only a stuff pack" and "Nothing new" was announced. But, again, no one had even seen any official information on the EP and they were already treating it as old news.

There is definitely a demand for instant gratification these days, especially with the game industry. Attention spans are shorter, people quickly move on to the next shiny thing, and patience is a thing of the past. I'm not saying that the Sims 4 doesnt have flaws, but maybe part of its problem is that it emulates humanity a little too well, and the ugly truth in there is that humans in this modern era have become quite dull and flighty. I actually made a post about this quite a while back, where I said that I didn't think it was a good idea for Sims games to copy modern lifestyles and trends because the current habits of our civilization don't really make good gameplay.

Anyway, I'm straying off topic so I will veer back on course by saying that I think an adventurous gamepack is a much-needed thing (if that is truly what it is) and I look forward to getting more information.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2018
    How would you feel?

Is your opinion, I get it is. My opinion however is that it’s rather the game than the people. When people are bored they get impatient. Now and 15 years ago.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    How would you feel?

Is your opinion, I get it is. My opinion however is that it’s rather the game than the people. When people are bored they get impatient. Now and 15 years ago.

If they are bored with the game as is, adding any new content is a very temporary fix because, in a short amount of time, they will be bored again. These people want the game to entertain them when it is meant to be a tool for you to entertain yourself. Again, imagination is lacking.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Whilst I agree that some people are impatient and would flip out at the prospect of having to wait six months for say something like seasons, it’s not the case for all. My Husband is a game developer, the game he is working on was announced in quarter 1 of 2017 for a winter release that year. Their community were (and are) excited but the fact they knew they had to wait didn’t have anyone complaining. It’s a huge game and it takes time to complete. Fans understand that.

People complain about the sims 4 schedule because it’s not guaranteed. There’s no pattern and we have been told not to look for one. There is also a large degree of uncertainty about weather certain features will return. I do prefer knowing what’s coming, not just for the Sims but for all the games I play. Luckily I’m fortunate in that all th3 other games I play have developers that communicate their fans and if they can’t the publisher does. There are no secrets.

Imagination or lack of is not why people,have issues with this game. Because as I’ve said when your sim comes home and ignores the urn of their dead relative are we meant to imagine they are sad even though the AI says happy?
    I agree with @JoAnne65 if new dlc comes out and it only holds fans attention for a few days there is something wrong. Certainly from speaking to my Husband, that is not what he sets out to do when he is making a game, he wants to make a game that pulls you in, that you have to force yourself to turn off and several months later you are still enjoying the game and discovering new things.

Not saying not what EA are trying to do!
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    THIS MIGHT BE THE GAMEPACK DESCRIPTION:

Explore a unique wilderness landscape, revealing a temple, jungle obstacles, cursed relics and treasures. Experience the culture and customs of Selvadorada, from devouring local eats to learning spicy new dance moves!

KEY FEATURES

Venture to Selvadorada. Travel to Selvadorada a new destination where your Sims can befriend locals at the cantina or purchase essential survival gear. Your Sims can try traditional foods, dance to new music, practice native customs and shop for authentic décor. Dress your Sims in local fashion from outfits full of colorful patterns to durable clothing suitable for the jungle!

Explore the jungle. Sims gear up in hiking attire and prepare for danger as they trek deep into the jungle, revealing hidden pools, ancient artifact sites and ruins. Beware of natural dangers and obstacles (from deadly bees to poisonous spiders) that will surely keep your Sims on their toes!

Discover a hidden temple. Your Sims will be pleasantly surprised with what they’ll find when they stumble upon a unique temple. Venture into the mysterious rooms where Sims may find priceless relics, great treasures or doom! Have your Sims visit again to experience new challenges and uncover different treasures or traps.

Collect ancient artifacts. Uncover hidden items as Sims seek out ancient artifacts and mysterious relics. Sims can excavate and examine these precious objects closely at the archeology table, determining their quality, but watch out for fakes!
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    aelias24 wrote: »

Explore a unique wilderness landscape, revealing a temple, jungle obstacles, cursed relics and treasures. Experience the culture and customs of Selvadorada, from devouring local eats to learning spicy new dance moves!

KEY FEATURES

Venture to Selvadorada. Travel to Selvadorada a new destination where your Sims can befriend locals at the cantina or purchase essential survival gear. Your Sims can try traditional foods, dance to new music, practice native customs and shop for authentic décor. Dress your Sims in local fashion from outfits full of colorful patterns to durable clothing suitable for the jungle!

Explore the jungle. Sims gear up in hiking attire and prepare for danger as they trek deep into the jungle, revealing hidden pools, ancient artifact sites and ruins. Beware of natural dangers and obstacles (from deadly bees to poisonous spiders) that will surely keep your Sims on their toes!

Discover a hidden temple. Your Sims will be pleasantly surprised with what they’ll find when they stumble upon a unique temple. Venture into the mysterious rooms where Sims may find priceless relics, great treasures or doom! Have your Sims visit again to experience new challenges and uncover different treasures or traps.

Collect ancient artifacts. Uncover hidden items as Sims seek out ancient artifacts and mysterious relics. Sims can excavate and examine these precious objects closely at the archeology table, determining their quality, but watch out for fakes!

Where did you find that or did you make it up?
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    aelias24 wrote: »

KEY FEATURES

Where did you find that or did you make it up?

There was a glitch on origin and it showed the new gamepack with the description and title. It's called jungle adventures
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Any screen clips or pictures?
  • Options
    MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    I can still see Jungle Adventure in my Origins if I select Sims 4 and go to Extra Content. Iiiinteresting....
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Any screen clips or pictures?

An article on sims community: https://t.co/Tb2o4gPMMn?amp=1
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Anyone knows if Origin said anything about a release date??
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Selvadorada... gosh that’s a mouthful of a name. I thought san myshuno was hard to say. xD
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Selvadorada... gosh that’s a mouthful of a name. I thought san myshuno was hard to say. xD

We probably get used to it really fast. (Never ever thought I would get used to San Myshuno or Forgotten Hollow, but I did)

Also Selvadorada sounds really South American-ish. (El Dorado, anyone?)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

"Selvadorada" is Spanish/Catalan for "Golden Jungle".
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I wonder what these hidden pools are.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top