Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Career Ideas

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    if we have actor as a career we should have the ability to be either FOH(usher/ticket sellers) or BOH (lighting/sound/props)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    These are my ideas for jobs.
    -I think any sort of singer would be cool, not just a lead singer in a band. A sim could choose any genre such as a Pop or Rockstar, country singer, Folk/Indie, etc. and ALSO a band w/ a singer.
    -I LOVE the fashion designer & modeling one you guys suggested. It would be cool if they were two separate branches of a career. One branch you can create your own clothing line and the other branch you can model a clothing line.
    I really want celebrities... I keep holding my breath for it.
    -Actors would be great too. Possibly even directors. You can already write a screenplay - It would be awesome to be able to actually direct it, too. You could do two separate branches in that career, too. One branch is an actor/actress, the other is a director.
    -I've been waiting for a really cool teaching/college professor career! I think they had it in Sims 3 but it was just a rabbit hole so I was kind of disappointed. It would be cool if you could set up your own classroom and write your own lesson plans. I would actually feel like my sim is a teacher instead of simply sending them off like I am with the business career.
    -A geologist would be really cool. We already have sims running around collecting and digging up stuff. This career would finally give that more meaning, I think. Perhaps that could tie in well with the new 'Adventure Game Pack' they're going to release. Although, I don't know enough about it to say...
    -I LOVE the therapist/ psychologist one you guys suggested!! The mediator & conflict resolution traits that we got in Parenthood would be an added bonus to the career. I like the idea of talking to the patients and trying to help their moods or give counseling to married couples. I think you could add a bit of humor in that, as well.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Most of the careers from the past the past. TS4 is the worst in the series when it comes to career choice. Also self employment like TS3 and get rid of the awful active careers. Those active careers were horrible in TS3 and they are just as bad if not worse in TS4.
  • Options
    knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    When a sim is at work and they are slacking off, they need to GO TO THE BATHROOM! Or GET A SNACK! I have sims that I send to work and they didn't go before work so they don't get to go at work. That is so unfair. Everyone should be able to go to the bathroom or get a snack even if it means slacking off. So whatever career you have, at least let them go to the bathroom. Also, kids at school should be able to go to the bathroom and have lunch or a snack too.
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    I agree @ knitsybitsy that would be great!

Also I would love jobs that deal with ghosts and death
  • Options
    krenee77krenee77 Posts: 41 Member
    > @misschristine14 said:
    > What new careers do you want to see in the Sims 4?
    >
    > The careers I want to see are:
    > - Military
    > - Teacher / Professor
    > - Media Production (Videographer, Photographer, Video Editor, Radio Host, TV Host, etc)
    > - Movie Director / Actor / Actress / Producer
    > - Architect / Engineer
    > - Lawyer
    > - Airline Pilot / Flight Attendants
    > - Stylist (Make-Up Artists, Hair Stylists, etc)
    > - Therapist / Counselor / Psychologist
    > - Oceanographer / Scuba Diver / Lifeguard
    > - Adventurer
    > - Paranormal (Vampire Hunter, Witch Hunter, etc - maybe their goal can be to cure the supernatural and turn them back into humans?)
    > - Firefighter
    >
    > I know some of them were in the previous games but these are some of the careers I would like to see come back or just see included in some of the future expansions for Sims 4. What careers do you want to see?

Bring back the slacker career...that was great (especially for my lazy sims with zero ambition. An "entrepreneur" tag should be added for business owners or "self-employed" for my sims who make money from crafting.
  • Options
    krenee77krenee77 Posts: 41 Member
    > @krenee77 said:
    > > @misschristine14 said:
    > > What new careers do you want to see in the Sims 4?
    > >
    > > The careers I want to see are:
    > > - Military
    > > - Teacher / Professor
    > > - Media Production (Videographer, Photographer, Video Editor, Radio Host, TV Host, etc)
    > > - Movie Director / Actor / Actress / Producer
    > > - Architect / Engineer
    > > - Lawyer
    > > - Airline Pilot / Flight Attendants
    > > - Stylist (Make-Up Artists, Hair Stylists, etc)
    > > - Therapist / Counselor / Psychologist
    > > - Oceanographer / Scuba Diver / Lifeguard
    > > - Adventurer
    > > - Paranormal (Vampire Hunter, Witch Hunter, etc - maybe their goal can be to cure the supernatural and turn them back into humans?)
    > > - Firefighter
    > >
    > > I know some of them were in the previous games but these are some of the careers I would like to see come back or just see included in some of the future expansions for Sims 4. What careers do you want to see?
    >
    > Bring back the slacker career...that was great (especially for my lazy sims with zero ambition. An "entrepreneur" tag should be added for business owners or "self-employed" for my sims who make money from crafting.

--My sims suffer from low self-esteem when someone asks about their career, and they have to say "unemployed" LOL.
  • Options
    I love all of these
  • Options
    HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    [quote="2HubbiesNLove;c-16255174"]It would be great if we got an Ambitions-themed GP somewhere down the line. A pack consisting of only new active careers.

Some careers I would enjoy playing with:

[b]9-1-1 Career Branch[/b]- pick from being an EMT which would branch into the doctor career. Our sims could be called to save a life to get them to the hospital in enough time. Or be a police officer stopping crime by stopping break-ins and vandals. Police officers would eventually branch into the Detective career. Or become a Firefighter and help save lives from burning buildings or save a cat from a tree. Of course NPCs like Police Officers, Burglars and Firefighters returned.
    [/quote]

SUCH A GOOD IDEA! And maybe burglar as a career?
  • Options
    YES!!!
  • Options
    I had my sims all start baking and they are getting fatter. So I was wanting a career as a sort of nutritionist. You learn healthier recipes, cook good meals for your family and work in the public in various jobs. You can work up to being a private chef for the richest sims in town. As you talk to other sims you can get them interested in learning how to eat healthier. You can suggest recipes or tell them how to make stuff. Some sims might get offended, laugh or be interested. Some recipes you could make would be low calorie, give you energy or get you in the mood to work out. Other stuff would taste really good but not have a lot of fat, giving your and your kids some sweets without regret. You can even cook new meals for your pets, if they are chubby too.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    The acting career should have been put in as a branch of entertainment. It would have fit better than putting musician in with comedian. They could have gone with acting and comedian for entertainment and give music a separate career with branching into rock or symphonic(like in TS3).
  • Options
    Sometimes there are places in the game that look like they could be assessible, if only sims were more agile and could skip across rocks, walk through streams, cross a log or something. Just being able to get there would be neat, because not many sims could go there. Maybe you could make it so that there is some sort of agility for people to achieve and get to places, new lots or secret places only the most agile sims can reach. It could be for pets too. Then they could all sit majestically up there, enjoy the view and feel pretty privilidged to be there. There are places I would like to go but I am kind of scared to attempt it. There is an overlook in my state but people have fallen from there, it is beautiful but not many people would dare go. Those who do have a good view and story to tell. This should be a very elite accomplishment to even make it there, like a level 10 for some places. There can be a wise old sim at the top, maxed out at every skill to have a neat conversation with and learn something new. They might lose the knowledge on the way down though. Like having such a deep conversation but forgetting it afterwards, kind of thing. It would be like, "On the climb down, you unfortunately you begin to forget...was it just a dream?"
  • Options
    misschristine14misschristine14 Posts: 118 Member
    Sometimes there are places in the game that look like they could be assessible, if only sims were more agile and could skip across rocks, walk through streams, cross a log or something. Just being able to get there would be neat, because not many sims could go there. Maybe you could make it so that there is some sort of agility for people to achieve and get to places, new lots or secret places only the most agile sims can reach. It could be for pets too. Then they could all sit majestically up there, enjoy the view and feel pretty privilidged to be there. There are places I would like to go but I am kind of scared to attempt it. There is an overlook in my state but people have fallen from there, it is beautiful but not many people would dare go. Those who do have a good view and story to tell. This should be a very elite accomplishment to even make it there, like a level 10 for some places. There can be a wise old sim at the top, maxed out at every skill to have a neat conversation with and learn something new. They might lose the knowledge on the way down though. Like having such a deep conversation but forgetting it afterwards, kind of thing. It would be like, "On the climb down, you unfortunately you begin to forget...was it just a dream?"

I hope the gurus see your post because that would be awesome! I would like for them to make the world more accessible instead of a pretty decoration. Something as simple as skipping rocks or walking through streams would be so nice. I know your post didn't mention a career but I agree with it so much lol I like the idea of needing a skill level to unlock a new view. Maybe this could be a good goal for an Adventurer career or skill trait or both? Either way, I love it!
  • Options
    Jestina wrote: »
    The acting career should have been put in as a branch of entertainment. It would have fit better than putting musician in with comedian. They could have gone with acting and comedian for entertainment and give music a separate career with branching into rock or symphonic(like in TS3).

I agree with this so much. I never understood why they would combine musicians and comedians under the entertainment career. It would have been nice to have it paired with an acting career instead. Either way, I hope they add an acting career soon in the game and hopefully it comes with some cool props :)
  • Options
    I had my sims all start baking and they are getting fatter. So I was wanting a career as a sort of nutritionist. You learn healthier recipes, cook good meals for your family and work in the public in various jobs. You can work up to being a private chef for the richest sims in town. As you talk to other sims you can get them interested in learning how to eat healthier. You can suggest recipes or tell them how to make stuff. Some sims might get offended, laugh or be interested. Some recipes you could make would be low calorie, give you energy or get you in the mood to work out. Other stuff would taste really good but not have a lot of fat, giving your and your kids some sweets without regret. You can even cook new meals for your pets, if they are chubby too.

LOL! My sims are always getting fat too lol! I would love a nutritionist career, I think that would be awesome to have in the game. I know we can technically already make our sims healthy if we want to but I think a nutritionist career would be great to add some more personality to my sims. I love anything that comes with new recipes too :)
  • Options
    krenee77 wrote: »
    > @misschristine14 said:
    > What new careers do you want to see in the Sims 4?
    >
    > The careers I want to see are:
    > - Military
    > - Teacher / Professor
    > - Media Production (Videographer, Photographer, Video Editor, Radio Host, TV Host, etc)
    > - Movie Director / Actor / Actress / Producer
    > - Architect / Engineer
    > - Lawyer
    > - Airline Pilot / Flight Attendants
    > - Stylist (Make-Up Artists, Hair Stylists, etc)
    > - Therapist / Counselor / Psychologist
    > - Oceanographer / Scuba Diver / Lifeguard
    > - Adventurer
    > - Paranormal (Vampire Hunter, Witch Hunter, etc - maybe their goal can be to cure the supernatural and turn them back into humans?)
    > - Firefighter
    >
    > I know some of them were in the previous games but these are some of the careers I would like to see come back or just see included in some of the future expansions for Sims 4. What careers do you want to see?

Bring back the slacker career...that was great (especially for my lazy sims with zero ambition. An "entrepreneur" tag should be added for business owners or "self-employed" for my sims who make money from crafting.

In the tech guru career, one of the career branches they can do is be a Start Up Entrepreneur but I agree with you, I want the slacker career back or at least a "Freelancer / Self Employed" career for my sims!
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Part time jobs (similar to what teens have) would also be a nice addition, not everyone has a 9 - 5 job every weekday. I'd like for some of my sims to simply work in a supermarket an hour a day instead.
  • Options
    I agree @ knitsybitsy that would be great!

Also I would love jobs that deal with ghosts and death

Yes! I would like a "supernatural enthusiast" trait or a paranormal career track where they have activities to do with ghosts / supernatural beings!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Part time jobs (similar to what teens have) would also be a nice addition, not everyone has a 9 - 5 job every weekday. I'd like for some of my sims to simply work in a supermarket an hour a day instead.

I agree! I would like some part-time jobs for my sims. Maybe since they are part-time a sim can have 2 of these jobs to make extra income?
  • Options
    Jestina wrote: »
    Most of the careers from the past the past. TS4 is the worst in the series when it comes to career choice. Also self employment like TS3 and get rid of the awful active careers. Those active careers were horrible in TS3 and they are just as bad if not worse in TS4.

I don't think they are completely horrible. I have enjoyed some of the careers in Sims 4 and I like that there were some new options than the ones from the previous games, I just want them to have more. One career that I really wish was in the base game or included already is the Education career. I don't know why they've taken so long to add it.
  • Options
    These are my ideas for jobs.
    -I think any sort of singer would be cool, not just a lead singer in a band. A sim could choose any genre such as a Pop or Rockstar, country singer, Folk/Indie, etc. and ALSO a band w/ a singer.
    -I LOVE the fashion designer & modeling one you guys suggested. It would be cool if they were two separate branches of a career. One branch you can create your own clothing line and the other branch you can model a clothing line.
    I really want celebrities... I keep holding my breath for it.
    -Actors would be great too. Possibly even directors. You can already write a screenplay - It would be awesome to be able to actually direct it, too. You could do two separate branches in that career, too. One branch is an actor/actress, the other is a director.
    -I've been waiting for a really cool teaching/college professor career! I think they had it in Sims 3 but it was just a rabbit hole so I was kind of disappointed. It would be cool if you could set up your own classroom and write your own lesson plans. I would actually feel like my sim is a teacher instead of simply sending them off like I am with the business career.
    -A geologist would be really cool. We already have sims running around collecting and digging up stuff. This career would finally give that more meaning, I think. Perhaps that could tie in well with the new 'Adventure Game Pack' they're going to release. Although, I don't know enough about it to say...
    -I LOVE the therapist/ psychologist one you guys suggested!! The mediator & conflict resolution traits that we got in Parenthood would be an added bonus to the career. I like the idea of talking to the patients and trying to help their moods or give counseling to married couples. I think you could add a bit of humor in that, as well.

I agree with what you said about the singers! I love that they added it as a skill but I hate that it's only good for Karaoke. I want them to be able to apply it to their careers. I love all your suggestions! I love the Geologist one you suggested! I also think the therapist / psychologist career would tie in very well with the new traits!
  • Options
    911 emts sound really awesome!!!! That reminds me of when I was little we would watch Rescue 911 on tv. Also I wonder if we could have super nannies like the tv program to help the families. What about dog whisperers and Cat whisperers as well?

Yes! I wish they would have added a career like "Cat / Dog Trainer" with the expansion! I also wish they would have allowed us to just be a Vet as a career choice instead of having to own a vet in order to be one. I don't always want to own businesses lol sometimes i want the option to do both: either own a business or just have a career in that business.
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I agree with what you said about the singers! I love that they added it as a skill but I hate that it's only good for Karaoke. I want them to be able to apply it to their careers. I love all your suggestions! I love the Geologist one you suggested! I also think the therapist / psychologist career would tie in very well with the new traits!

Exactly! I think that with all the entertainment careers. I wish there were a concert/comedy club venue to be able to show musicians, singers, and comedians doing their thing on stage. Our other sims can decide whether they want to go to the comedy club and watch a show or if they want to see their favorite artist performing at the concert venue (whether its at a park or in a building).

I also like how someone suggested a nutritionist career! That would be nice to have :)
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    Dracon wrote: »
    Maybe a Pediatrician for when a child gets sick, because this orange juice dilemma really does not cut it.

I agree with this! Orange juice just isn't enough lol. I love the doctor career but I want more careers so I wouldn't mind a pediatrician career as well.