Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @Bugsie2016 >:) Surely nothing bad will come of that...!

Of course not, things will totally be fine. Benny will totally not be angry when he find out. Finn totally shouldn't start running now.

Ok, but on a less sarcastic note, Finn shouldn't lie to Benny. You shouldn't start a friendship/relationship off of lies. It's not a good start and designates it to the scrap heap from the beginning.
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @Bugsie2016 I thought terrible lies and manipulation were a great way to kick off a new relationship! ...Wait.

It's probably a matter of how long he keeps the deception going before confessing--and Benny's state of mind. Benny's already very sensitive about people tricking him or making him feel stupid...
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 I thought terrible lies and manipulation were a great way to kick off a new relationship! ...Wait.

It's probably a matter of how long he keeps the deception going before confessing--and Benny's state of mind. Benny's already very sensitive about people tricking him or making him feel stupid...

Nah, Finn should try to be as honest as possible. Even if it may make Benny angry The smallest lie or not telling them something important can escalate and catch up with them later. (As a certain character of mine knows well enough.)
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 Oh, for sure. And it's really something he should tell Benny as soon as possible, rather than letting the deception go on for a long time... Benny won't be happy to know that he's been working a lie of a job for weeks or even months, especially when he takes being a butler really seriously and wanted this chance to prove himself.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Rhys is a totally famous actor who's still relevant, okay...
    bAW63do.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    All those familiar faces in the chapter before the last :love: Totally smitten! Also, Finn seems to be caught in the lives of others more than in his own. Everyone else including Benny tries to follow their own dreams and of course major stones are thrown into their ways by others, but Finn doesn't even give his dreams away. He surely has some but as long as he doesn't try to follow them he's more of a servant for others' wishes: Ophelia who collects experience with him for her romance novels, upholding the facade for Benny... From all the characters we know the least of Finn so far.
    Oh, Ms. Chick? :joy: So eager for any drama she can get, engaging Ophelia right away! And one of her "children" is the cameraman, again.
    Interesting that Rhys' mother is his voice of reason and that he still has some respect for women. " I said, a grave expression on my handsome face" How modest! :D But are those actually self doubts at the end of the chapter? *gasps* Maybe Dr. Puck has at least one true client :joy:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I forgot to mention that I loved AU Dev working the camera! :joy: I miss him in my story, so I like seeing that handsome face pop up in yours from time to time :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney I liked seeing those familiar faces again too. <3 Thank you, Ms. Chick!

And you're totally right about Finn. Not only does he try to distance himself from romantic passions, but just...passions in general. He lets life carry him through it, going where others take him, rather than having real ambitions of his own. He'd like to be a director--or maybe just do directing work when it comes up. It can be hard to tell with him.

Isla is kind of a weird voice of reason to have, but Rhys has an odd relationship with his mom. (Runs in the family, apparently--Graham has mommy issues too. LOL.) Rhys is a lot of things, but modest isn't one of them...but those pesky self-doubts tend to flare up no matter how much he tries to suppress them.

@CitizenErased14 Getting all those film credits at art school! They have some really weird electives at his school, apparently, but I can imagine Ms. Chick making use of cheap college kid labor.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited January 2018
    Rophelia! The perfect, twisted, dramatic couple. (With the best director ever! Ha! :D And most handsome cameraman! )
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited January 2018
    Rophelia! The perfect, twisted, dramatic couple. (With the best director ever! Ha! :D And most handsome cameraman! )
    100% agree! Can't wait for the Rophelia drama!
  • Options
    I have me a new ship. So that makes Tarbage, Binny, Deo, Gas and Rophelia
  • Options
    @pammiechick I'm very fond of Ms. Chick and her cameraman too. <3 And I'm glad you, @AudreyFld and @Bugsie2016 are all looking forward to more Rhys and Ophelia. It's gonna be a wild ride...
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    After reading ALL the many comments I now must go and reread to remember what I was going to say...

So Rhys took a pay cut for Gal, to bad she doesn't know it could be helpful for them both. Rhys likes Ophelia hmmm I kinda think he's a lot like his dad in this aspect. Love that he talks like his dad about her well at least in his head. He also has his moms influence running through his head a lot in this chapter. I'm sure Dr. Puck will have him as a patient for a long time. Love this line from Rhys!-“A celebrity can’t do anything himself or he’s no longer a celebrity,” “It’s the law of the stars.”

I have to say I'm still on the Ophelia and Finn ship. But I could also see Rhys with her. I don't know how he would feel about the whole Finn situation though.

Ms. Chick is sure a very curt woman and of course HGR loves her. I love that Dev is the camera man. Nice to see these guys around here. :)

• Options
    @haswh Gal might soften a bit toward Rhys if she knew about the paycut...but she'd be just as likely to accuse him of manipulating things behind the scenes a la Graham, so you never know. Still, he would've liked some acknowledgement and appreciation, LOL. He does sound a lot like his dad in his head...and Dr. Puck will be making money off of him for years and years, I think. ;)

Ha, I don't expect anyone to jump off the Ophelia/Finn ship this early if they boarded earlier. They're very close and they have a history. But Rhys is...Rhys. He could be the dramatic peeled grape eyeballs to her slimy brain spaghetti. ...Or something. Weird couple either way. ;)

I love seeing how popular Ms. Chick and her cohorts are. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @LadyLobster This made me laugh out loud!-He could be the dramatic peeled grape eyeballs to her slimy brain spaghetti. ...Or something. :D:D Thanks! :)
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Wow... I loved this chapter. Rhys is actually a lot nicer than his sister gives him credit for, and he's got doubts that he tries so hard to bury. Rhys and Ophelia is great.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    @haswh <3<3

@SeaDragonSong Thank you! I know Rhys is an odd duck. (Aren't they all...?) But there's more to him than his melodramatic outward persona--like all those doubts he never lets anyone see. ...But maybe he'll open up to Ophelia someday.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Not sure Rhys and Finn need more sibling rivalry, but I think they'll get it.
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT I seriously laughed at that. It's so true...
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Lobster, how do you keep toying with my emotions, even in a chapter that made me laugh out loud?! :smiley:

First off, Ophelia reminds me of Lydia from Beetlejuice--"strange and unusual." :mrgreen: I was laughing at how delighted she was to be able to lie on an embalming table, and then started ad-libbing grotesque vampire nonsense--she is perfect for the role, and apparently "Ms. Chick" (loved that!) thinks so too. But like I said earlier, she's odd but not evil. Her l'il football dog is what the evil stuff is (supposedly!) for.

Poor Rhys. By the Watcher, Lobster. I'm glad the kid is going to therapy, because he's got different issues than I expected. His instincts are Graham's, but his mom acts as his "shoulder angel," so to speak, and reminds him to keep his hands to himself. It's normal to some degree (I still hear Mama Haids in my head when I don't grab a jacket!), but when will Rhys stop hearing Mom and Dad's voices and start listening to his own? Will he ever grow out of his traumatic childhood and learn to rise over his parents' selfishness?

That is the crux, I think, of the whole issue. Graham and Isla cared more about themselves than anyone else, even their children (and especially each other), and that left those poor babies in a perpetual state of helplessness. Seeing how it impacted each of them differently is both insightful and heartbreaking. :heartbreak:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    Lobster, how do you keep toying with my emotions, even in a chapter that made me laugh out loud?! :smiley:

First off, Ophelia reminds me of Lydia from Beetlejuice--"strange and unusual." :mrgreen: I was laughing at how delighted she was to be able to lie on an embalming table, and then started ad-libbing grotesque vampire nonsense--she is perfect for the role, and apparently "Ms. Chick" (loved that!) thinks so too. But like I said earlier, she's odd but not evil. Her l'il football dog is what the evil stuff is (supposedly!) for.

Poor Rhys. By the Watcher, Lobster. I'm glad the kid is going to therapy, because he's got different issues than I expected. His instincts are Graham's, but his mom acts as his "shoulder angel," so to speak, and reminds him to keep his hands to himself. It's normal to some degree (I still hear Mama Haids in my head when I don't grab a jacket!), but when will Rhys stop hearing Mom and Dad's voices and start listening to his own? Will he ever grow out of his traumatic childhood and learn to rise over his parents' selfishness?

That is the crux, I think, of the whole issue. Graham and Isla cared more about themselves than anyone else, even their children (and especially each other), and that left those poor babies in a perpetual state of helplessness. Seeing how it impacted each of them differently is both insightful and heartbreaking. :heartbreak:

So true!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    @Haids5987 Awww, I'm glad Rhys's chapter resonated with you. And LOL, I did watch Beetlejuice (both the cartoon and the movie) as a kid, so maybe that influenced me a little all these years later with Ophelia. Strange and unusual fits her perfectly--and she owns it. And she's going to own that vampire role too. ;)

Rhys really does need therapy. And I love your interpretation of the whole Isla vs. Graham thing going on in his mind--and how he needs to learn how to cultivate and listen to his own inner voice.

Sorry all the Straud chapters are kind of downers, though... :(

uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Sorry all the Straud chapters are kind of downers, though... :(
    Don't be sorry--the sadder the story, the happier the ending, right? :) I'll channel my inner Daisy and hope for the best as their story unfolds! <3
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Oh my goodness, one of my coworkers has raccoon shoes :joy: they were sitting in the back room
    CXuyzlk.jpg

Made me think of both Byron and @MrsRacooney ;)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Byron would totally wear those...and buy them for the whole family.
    uduVcAP.png