Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All packs prices increased by on many countries

Comments

• Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I don't understand what you're talking about honestly.
    I live in Israel and every stuff pack was always 9.99 euros. that's why I bought all of them via cdkeys, because it made it way cheaper for me.
    also, I don't know why I pay in plum Euros instead of dollars. its ridiculous.

-Yarden.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited January 2018
    This was also, apparently, done to make the prices similar across all nations... even though stuff packs cost $9.99 in the US which is equal to £7.25 in the UK... a similar price to the original £7.99
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Can't you just have posted this in the thread that was already made? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933444/all-packs-prices-increased-by-on-many-countries#latest
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Sales for stuff packs especially, you might also have to wait forever for a good enough sale. Like during the Origin coupon sale, I bought I think 2(?) SP's during that. Don't really expect sales on SP's specifically for some time.
  • Options
    ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yardenro wrote: »
    I live in Israel and every stuff pack was always 9.99 euros. that's why I bought all of them via cdkeys, because it made it way cheaper for me.

It's all about the raise. It is preposterous. Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Rise and Fall DLC is coming on february. Price in Poland? 118 PLN. What about the City Living price? 139 PLN. I know that I can get both games cheaper on websites like cdkeys but come on. EA is a greedy monster, {Removed, please keep politics off the forum}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member

I didn't know about it until then, but I made a new one because I wanted to put it in feedback as well to show my point of view as well
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    While I agree with many of your points I just want to point out game packs were never 13.99. They have always been 14.99. Although that has gone up. I bought dine out for my niece for console and noticed it was 15.99 and Cats and dogs was always 34.99 out the gate, like you say an increase.

I absolutely agree notice would have the decent thing to do.

Many people, including me buy expansion packs, stuff packs and game packs even when we think it isn't worth it

In the kindest way possible, why do this? The Sims is the only gaming community I can think of that have this mindset and its common to hear "I hate this theme" followed by "I'm going to buy it anyway"

Again I don't see that in other communities for other games I play. In fact in one of the communities I frequent, fans laid into the developers over the cost of a dlc pack saying it wasn't worth the money, who did they think they were EA? Fans left scathing reviews for this dlc and refused to buy it. Some months later developers acknowledged the fans disappointment with the pack and while they didn't change the price they added more content to the pack free of charge so the pack had a bit more bang for your buck. I felt it was worth it and I bought it then all be it on a sale but it was nice to me that the devs acknowledged the fans uhappiness and made a gesture
    to rectify it.

Now of course people are free to spend their money how they like and more power to them but throwing your money at a product you don't think is worthy is not the answer. I have a real life friend who last year bought vampires even though she hates them, bought fitness and bowling stuff even though she didn't care in her words for either activity. When I asked her why she was buying it then she shrugged and said "It's the Sims, its what I do"

My Husband is a game developer for a major game publisher and he was amazed to hear my friend say that. It is a pretty weird mindset and I've told her that. I mean don't get me wrong, I've played this game for almost eighteen years (well the series) its my favourite series of any game I play. During the sims 1-3 era I was guilty of pre ordering the second I got an expansion and I got the little leaflet inside the box telling you what the next expansion was. (Granted that was before 3) Heck I bought into the future and island paradise without seeing a single live stream or know anything about it and my pc at that time couldn't even run them but I was awaiting a new one and they were on sale. But the difference being if I wasn't enjoying what I was buying I wouldn't have continued.

There's many a simmer now who will buy anything that comes out like my friend and I can't understand the mentality of "I don't like it but I'm going to buy it anyway" It's sending the wrong message to the powers that be and it makes things like price increases so much easier to sneak in because those in charge know fine well the same people who say "I don't like this pack" will still buy it and the additional in price.

I'm not denying loyalty plays a part. My Husband has been working on a sequel to a game that was very received and there will be some who will buy it for that alone but the audience is different and dare I say more harder to please. If for example the game was due to release with half of the game hidden in loot boxes and other forms of pay it would go down like a lead balloon. I know as well that dlc is becoming more "normal" in games but some definitely more than others and funnily enough of all the games I can think of that are fond of bite size dlc are all EA games funnily enough.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Prices are going up in general though - cost of food, etc.

We are all eventually doomed.

EA could cut costs by outsourcing to India/China though - ie effectively do what the clothing/call centre, etc industries do. People in poorer countries can create a content - it's not something that is tied to Western-only skills.

A non-professional Simmer can create content for The Sims 4 and hand it over for free on a modding site. Some people will even argue that some CC creators produce higher quality end-products than EA.

What makes EA's own content stand out is access to the integration of a dynamic object. The logic of it is simple enough - any half-wit could add locks to doors or change EA's woeful door knock sound with an actual doorbell sound that a Simmer can actually hear and think 'Someone is visiting my Sim'.
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    edited January 2018
    Shakuahi wrote: »
    Yardenro wrote: »

It's all about the raise. It is preposterous. Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Rise and Fall DLC is coming on february. Price in Poland? 118 PLN. What about the City Living price? 139 PLN. I know that I can get both games cheaper on websites like cdkeys but come on. EA is a greedy monster, {Removed, please keep politics off the forum}.

yeah but how come in my country it's always been 9.99 euros? that's MY question. While the entire world apparently was paying 7.99 euros?
    THERE HAS TO BE FAIR PRICING FOR EVERY SINGLE PART OF THE WORLD, EA!

-Yarden.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited January 2018
    Gladly, I have no urge whatsoever, I don't mind waiting months or even years to pay the fair price, or even never get it. If anything, I'll have more free time to do my real laundry, that's a silver lining.

It's still kinda sad for people who were already on hold, expecting a decrease.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    That is bad
    Now with the release of Laundry Day, at Latin America happen same than with Cats an Dogs. It has the USA prices. USD 9.99 instead USD 6.99 of previous Stuff Packs

Hey! It get worse now
    All packs current now are with their USA prices

SP 6.99 9.99
    GP 12.99 19.99
    EP 26.99 39.99
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Wow all EPs are the same price as the Cats and Dogs EP...

Guess we all just have to buy from cdkeys now.
  • Options
    Why does everyone keep making new threads about this? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933444/all-packs-prices-increased-by-on-many-countries#latest

I know you're upset, many of us are, but there's already a thread about this.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    Another suggestion some people could try: see if anybody local (or if anyone close by on like eBay?) is selling any used physical game copies, and buy them? Obviously that doesn't fix this whole problem, but it might be worth looking into, for those who still want some expansions but can't pay the new prices.

You cant use a used copy physical or not the code is only good once.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    How long does it take for CDKeys to have it on their site? I would love to know! Does anyone have any ideas?
  • Options
    CinKittyOfDeathCinKittyOfDeath Posts: 3 New Member
    As a person with very limited money, having everything go up 20 percent is ridiculous! I have spent a LOT of time saving up for Get Together and now I can't even afford it anymore! (I am in Canada) Fifty dollars for an expansion pack is ridiculous!
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    The biggest problem is if your going to charge a lot for an exp it should be a good one with lots of content. Sims mobile is free and it has everything sims 4 player wants yet we get 1 over priced exp a year with half the stuff. Sims 3 packs in Canada we’re about 49.99 and I always got them but there was so much to do in them I never seen it as a bad deal. Sims 4 packs are 51.99 with half of the stuff.... regardless of the exchange rate or not if we’re going to pay more then there going to half to put more effort into this game.

No No really don't bring in Sims Mobile. It doesn't have everything that a sims 4 player want. There aren't even pets.
  • Options
    FredraFredra Posts: 42 Member
    in Poland

old price of SP is 39,99 PLN, now 49,99 PLN
    49,99 PLN = 14,62 $. It's almost 15$, so here we pay 50% more than in US.
    You know what? I have a feel like I'm a worse kind of person in EA opinion.
    ID: granatoweszklo

Sorry for my english, still learning
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Norway isn't affected. At the very least, I got mine for the usual 89NOK. Would be interesting to know if anyone else here paid more than that. For the record, I'm not currently subbed to Origin's Vault.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    These prices are so plumming ridiculous, £34.99 for an EP, £17.99 for a GP and £9.99 for a SP, that's just complete robbery.

That’s how much Americans pay though....
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    edited January 2018
    I've replied in a different thread, but felt it was worth mentioning here: I'm in Norway, and have paid the same price (89NOK) as usual. No increase here. Someone upthread from Sweden hasn't paid any more than usual. Worth clarifying if others from Sweden or Norway have noticed a difference, because that would be odd.

Where'd that list of countries come from, btw? I may have misread and not seen. (EDIT: just seen source. Am still wondering what price increase).

2nd EDIT: 89NOK currently sits at 11.31USD according to a handy currency converter. Technically, I already pay more.
  • Options
    vunkvunk Posts: 1 New Member
    What the hell? 100% price increase in Brazil, game packs went from $40 to $80, objects from $20 to $40, that's absolutely insane...
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    As a person with very limited money, having everything go up 20 percent is ridiculous! I have spent a LOT of time saving up for Get Together and now I can't even afford it anymore! (I am in Canada) Fifty dollars for an expansion pack is ridiculous!

The exchange rate is one reason I constantly see Canadians in our stores regularly on weekends and it is worse during holidays. I kind of figured this was a reason I can never find the games (even the download code cards) in-store anymore.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    Another suggestion some people could try: see if anybody local (or if anyone close by on like eBay?) is selling any used physical game copies, and buy them? Obviously that doesn't fix this whole problem, but it might be worth looking into, for those who still want some expansions but can't pay the new prices.

The game codes aren't resellable - they won't work if they've been used before.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top