Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still play previous sims games?

AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
I like the Sims 4, but sometimes the newer game in the series is lacking expansion content since it's only been so long since it's release and I tend to wait for sales. I play the sims 2 now for mac, but since I cant play the complete version without windows I don't play that too often anymore even though it's fun. I'm just now cracking open the sims 3 again for the first time in years. I'm wondering if you play previous sims games still. Tell me which ones and how.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes. I even have TS1 on my laptop.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Yes. I even have TS1 on my laptop.

Nice.
  • Options
    TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    Castaway Stories (PSP), Sims Stories, and The Sims 2 (both PC). Kind of a story player, so there ya go.
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
  • Options
    Castaway Stories (PSP), Sims Stories, and The Sims 2 (both PC). Kind of a story player, so there ya go.
    A little bit of story guided gameplay never hurt anyone. Sounds like fun.
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I still have sims 3
    I would play it if the graphics weren't so bad
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I actually mainly play Sims 3. Although I also play Sims 4 and recently started with Sims 2. :)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Nope, TS4 only.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 2018
    I mainly play The Sims 3. Occasionally, I have an old laptop if I want to play The Sims 2 or The Sims 1. A couple of years ago, I grabbed Castaway Stories, Pet Stories, and Life Stories for PC on eBay. Finished those so I don't plan on going back to them but it was nice to finally play them. Every few years I get to urge to launch Sims Medieval and I really enjoy that game.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I would love to play Sims 2 again, but the game doesn't run anymore on my new PC.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Busufu wrote: »
    I would love to play Sims 2 again, but the game doesn't run anymore on my new PC.
    You can get it to run on Windows 10. Post in the Sims 2 section and I'm sure someone can help you out. Another option is to contact Origin and provide them with a serial code for any Sims 2 game.. they can give you a digital copy of the Ultimate Collection. I'll be honest, it can take more than one rep to ask. Some of them are not willing or not aware but it is something they can do. There's a whole thread on it with simmers confirming it can still be done.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Busufu wrote: »

My TS2 runs like butter on my PC. You just need to tweak it up a bit. But it is compatible with windows 10. As a matter of fact I have TS1 on my widnows 10 laptop. I don't know how I got it to work I think it runs on compatibility mode it was a bit odd at first but hey it works.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I have been feeling the same way and just began reinstalling 3 last night!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    I still play Sims 3 because my sims 4 graphics hurts my eyes extremely!
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I still play sims 3. Been playing it since 2012 :) Time flies, it's been more than five years lol
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    TS3 is still my main sims game. I once in a while play TS2. I'd play more but I feel like everytime I get on a roll with it I have severe computer issues and have to reinstall so I usually put that off for months and just stick to 3 and 4.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been playing both TS2 and TS3 though I've had to start using Mods in TS2 which I never used to have to do and I play TS3 very heavily Modded as it was unplayable without Mods.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I don't even care for TS4 at all, so I only play older The Sims games. Mainly The Sims 3. I recently installed TS2 Ultimate Collection on my PC, as well. I don't think I will play it like I do TS3, but I enjoy seeing all of the really impressive modding work that the community puts into it to this day. It actually feels like TS2 gets more mods/CC than TS3.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Still have my sims 3 games
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    HornedCrowHornedCrow Posts: 30 Member
    Last time I played Sims 1 on my PS2 I laughed so hard it hurt, that was back in 2012. I look ridiculous compared to what it is now with Sims 3 and Sims 4. I still have Sims 3 and Sims 3 Medieval
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I play the sims 1-3 regularly. Probably more than the sims 4.
  • Options
    saishousaishou Posts: 276 Member
    On and off, I grew up with TS2 console games and still really enjoy Castaway. :D
    Keep moving forward.

- My Art - Website - OriginID : saishou
    pv_by_sai_shou-dbye3yu.jpg
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i play ts3 sometimes.
    i've never played ts1 and i don't like the look of ts2.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    I only got Sims 4 over the summer. I used to play Sims 3 all the time. I lost my disks for Sims 2, but I played until I had to replace my comp in 2011. I went back to play Sims 3 about a week ago. It crashed, so I reloaded it and it was so laggy and hard to play. Sims 4 is just so much easier and smoother than 3. Even on my old 2011 laptop. I do love all the expansions I've got for Sims 3. My current save game was all snowy. I forgot how much I missed Seasons. Hopefully 4 gets it soon!