Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House of Pancakes: Chapter 32 [updated 11/20/17]

Comments

• Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,249 Member
    @SoulGal7 & @EuphorialQueen
    You bet. Next chapter is 3/4 done. :smile:
  • Options
    For the most part with House of Pancakes, I write the chapter and then play for screenshots. Next chapter is written. It's take pictures time.
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @LegacySims2017 - we're your devoted readers...lol :) However, I will miss the two Sundays....boohoo...
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    He wanted to keep the cliffhanger (mystery guest) a secret just a bit longer. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    He wanted to keep the cliffhanger (mystery guest) a secret just a bit longer. lol

:grimace:
  • Options
    I was hoping some of you fans would try and guess who it was.
    Hint: tall blonde male who can be loud and obnoxious and has some relation to the background of this story (this hint is a total giveaway, someone should figure it out) -- I won't confirm nor deny any guesses between now and Sunday if anyone wants a stab at it.
  • Options
    JunoSimsJunoSims Posts: 74 Member
    At least the long break has given me time to catch up :)
    294i51u.jpg
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    I was hoping some of you fans would try and guess who it was.
    Hint: tall blonde male who can be loud and obnoxious and has some relation to the background of this story (this hint is a total giveaway, someone should figure it out) -- I won't confirm nor deny any guesses between now and Sunday if anyone wants a stab at it.
    Brash, outspoken and obnoxious? And not your usual Sim?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Brash, outspoken and obnoxious? And not your usual Sim?

Yes.
  • Options
    I know who it is! I know who it is! lol
  • Options
    Halfway through of taking pictures.

I think I am going to knock this down to 1 chapter a week for now.
  • Options
    Chapter 31

Bob and Eliza officially find out that she is pregnant. Eliza wasn’t in a positive mood about it. Bob had an indifference attitude. Bob called the restaurant to check in on their team. Everything was going well. Then Florence hung up on Bob with excitement in her tone.

180.png?resize=768%2C402

Florence hangs up from Bob. Right in front of her stood a celebrity chef. Chef Gordon Ramsey was standing in front of her. And with him was t.v. personality Steve Harvey. She didn’t get a chance to greet them when Steve spoke up.

“Is Mr. or Mrs. Pancakes available?” Steve asks.

“They’re not in today. I just got off the phone with Mr. Pancakes if you’d like me to call him back.”

“That’s not necessary.” Replied Steve. “I’ll catch him later at his house across the street. We would like a seat for two please.”

Chef Ramsey was making comments to Steve while they were being seated. Florence couldn’t make out exactly what they were talking about.

181.png?resize=768%2C402

Milan was prepared by Florence already when he approached Chef Ramsay and Steve Harvey’s table.

“It’s a pleasure and honor to meet you both. I hope you enjoy our restaurant. Can I start you two off with anything?”

“I’ll have the orange pancakes and and iced tea, please.” Chef Ramsay said.

“And for you?” Milan smiled at Steve.

“Give me the blueberry pancakes and a glass of water.”

“Your orders will be up shortly.”

182.png?resize=768%2C402

At the front, Bob rushes into the restaurant. He quickly approaches Florence.

“What happened? Why did you hang up so quickly?” Bob asked Florence.

“I’m sorry for hanging up like that, Mr. Pancakes. Everything is okay. We have two famous people who came to our restaurant.”

Bob recognized Steve Harvey. He couldn’t quite make out who the other person was from where he was standing.

“Who’s with Mr. Harvey?” Bob asks Florence.

“You know Steve Harvey?”

“Long story.”

“The other one is Chef Ramsey.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah. He was real nice. He wasn’t using his angry voice.”

Bob was in his normal clothes and knew it wouldn’t be appropriate to greet a known chef in street clothes to a restaurant Bob owned.

“I’ll be right back. Don’t tell them I was here.”

183.png?resize=768%2C402

Bob went back home across the street. He quickly changed and went into Eliza’s room.

“I know you’re trying to rest, but I have some good news. Steve Harvey is at the restaurant. And he brought a friend.”

Eliza turned around to face Bob.

“It’s Chef Gordon Ramsay. I’ve seen him on t.v. but never in person. I was wondering if you wanted to meet him, too?”

“I suppose.” Eliza replied.

Bob thought that would at least cheer her up, but it seems not. Bob assumed it’s going to be a pregnancy mood swings time.

184.png?resize=768%2C402

The two headed back to the restaurant. By this time, Steve and Chef Ramsay had finished their appetizers and were on their entrée. Bob headed to the kitchen while Eliza talked to Florence. She had her game face on. She was in her happy mood self when talking to Florence.

“How’s the chef doing?” Bob asked Chef Filet.

“Are you asking about me or Chef Ramsay?” Chef Filet smirked.

“You! I’m glad you were informed who was here.”

“The siblings are good communicators. Florence has been a good hostess to the two and immediately informed me. And Milan has been taking care of them as a waiter should. He too informed me. I personally delivered their appetizers.”

“Thank you with that.” Bob said with a smile.

“I think you should go introduce yourself.”

185.png?resize=768%2C402

Bob was a nervous wreck. He was uncomfortable the way it was already. He has been able to pull the poker face like Eliza just did. But meeting a professional Chef was different. Especially in a public setting. He was hoping Eliza would be his side support right now.

Bob holds his hand out to Eliza.

“Shall we?” He asks.

Eliza smiles back at Bob but doesn’t take his hand. She begins to walk in the direction of where Steve and Chef Ramsay are sitting. Bob smiled back and walked alongside her.

186.png?resize=768%2C402

As the two approach the table, Chef Ramsey turns to them.

“You must be the owners.” Chef Ramsay stands up to shake hands.

Bob and Eliza give Chef Ramsay a tour of the restaurant. He was complimenting their starter restaurant and giving tips for improvements. It turned out to be a good experience. They stayed open a little longer than normal because of Chef Ramsay presence.

Afterwards, the Pancakes showed Steve and Chef Ramsey out so the staff could close up. Florence asked Eliza if she could talk to her later.

Willow_Creek_Ratings_5.png?w=555

Note from the Author: Chef Gordon Ramsey can be in your story, too. In the Sims Gallery, look up Gallery ID member moliukit. You’ll find Gordon Ramsey and some other household downloads.
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    @LegacySims2017 Wow! I'd say it was worth the wait! (I'm so glad the Pancakes didn't end up on Kitchen Nightmares, either. :p )
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Steve Harvey and Gordon Ramsay! What a day lol.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Steve Harvey and Gordon Ramsay! What a day lol.

I'll just hint it won't be the last time you see these two. Steve made an earlier appearance.

Per your challenge rules, all staff must reach max skills. As you see, my chef is almost there. The hostess and waiter are working on it. As you see in the last chapter ending, Florence is unsatisfied. I think I know why game-wise. So story-wise will be a little fun to read to make her neutral or satisfied again. Chef Bob Filet is doing an awesome job ( @EuphorialQueen )!
  • Options
    Chapter 32

Bob and Eliza had an unexpected visitor at their restaurant. Celebrity Chef, Gordon Ramsey. Steve Harvey, for whom the Pancakes met earlier, brought him over to check out Bob’s Breakfast. It turned out to be a positive visit.

187.png?resize=768%2C402

After Eliza locked up, Florence stayed behind.

“You wanted to talk to me?” Eliza asked Florence.

“I would like to talk to you with my performance.”

“Okay.”

“I don’t know if Chef Filet has spoken with you, but I’ve been working really hard lately. It was a struggle at first, but working with the chef and my brother, I think I’ve made a lot of improvements. I was wondering if it would be time into looking to see if I could get a raise?”

“From what Ive seen, you’ve been doing a good job since we all went to the training seminar. Let me talk to Bob and Chef Filet.”

“I really appreciate it. Thank you, Mrs. Pancakes.”

188.png?resize=768%2C402

Bob had already for home across the street. When Eliza walked in, he was sitting on the couch watching t.v. She sat next to him on the couch which almost startled him because supposedly they weren’t talking. Well, she wasn’t talking to him. But he’d take it if it meant to them getting back to normal when they opened the restaurant.

“Hello.” Bob smiled.

“Florence asked me for a raise in pay. I think it should be up to Mr. Filet since he’s been working with her and Milan the most lately. Could you please talk to him and see what he thinks?”

“Sure.” Bob replied.

Eliza stood up and went upstairs.

189.png?resize=768%2C402

Eliza didn’t go back to bed, though. Instead she went to her easel. She started to paint. She painted like she used to. There was no set idea of what to paint. She would paint what came from her hand and brush.

In about eight months, there was going to be a new member of the Pancakes household. She had plenty of time to prepare, but she didn’t want to. She was happy where she was at. She had a rocky relationship with Bob and she found something they could do together to bring back what they used to have. Now he had to get her pregnant and change things.

She didn’t want an abortion. Perhaps putting the baby up for adoption would be the best thing. Then they could get back to focusing on the restaurant again. Business was starting to pick up.

But what if Bob wanted to keep the baby? Would they fight about it? Eliza continued to wish Bob never got her pregnant.

190.png?resize=768%2C402

Eliza could smell food coming from inside. She had never paid attention, but noticed it was pretty dark outside. As she entered back into the house from the balcony, she saw it was around eight-thirty. Bob must be cooking dinner.

Bob could hear Eliza coming down the stairs, so he placed an extra plate at the dinner table. He sat down and helped himself to the meal he had prepared.

When Eliza came to the dining room, she was confused but also amused at the same time. Bob saw a small smile and sighed with relief.

“Pancakes for dinner?” Eliza asked as she sat down.

“Potato.” Bob responded. “I wasn’t even sure you were hungry. I got this recipe from Chef Filet. It’s a twist on my pancakes. It has a vegetable to it. Mine are always plain and dull.”

No response from Eliza. Not what Bob was looking for.

“We need to talk.” Eliza commented.

Last time Bob remembered she said that, he thought she was going to break up with him. But it turned out she wanted to open a business with him. But his mind wandered back to his first thought. Afterall, she wasn’t on good terms with him lately. He thought he would lighten the mood and see her reaction from it.

“Milan want a raise, too?” Bob said with a wink.

“It’s about the baby.”

“Oh.”

“I’m going to have the baby, but think we should have someone adopt him or her when they are born.”

“You don’t want to give it a shot and raise the child?” Bob asked. “You would make a wonderful mother.”

Bob wasn’t sure himself about raising a child, but he wouldn’t want to pass up being a father. His father raised him pretty well, he thought. He could do the same.

“I don’t think I would if I don’t want to be one right now.”

Ouch.

“We could adopt a kitten or puppy. Those things are popular right now I hear. Could be a trial run for us.” Bob smiled again.

“This isn’t a joke.” Eliza furrowed her brow. “You always try and make our conversations into something funny. I’m serious about this.”

Bob started to get angry now.

“You know this is how I cope with uncomfortable situations. It seems you don’t even want to talk about it. Perhaps, I do. I do think you would make a great mother and I would be a good dad.”

Eliza didn’t bother to grab any pancakes and she stood up to leave the dining room.

“We’ve got time, dear. Let’s talk about it.” Bob raised his voice as she was going upstairs.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @LegacySims2017 Ya know... Eliza may not be a mother figure. Bob though would be a good dad.
    They could get a pet and name her/him Flapjack or Short Stack. :lol:
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Whoa. Vanilla ice ice baby! LOL
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    edited November 2017
    Someone needs to explain the birds and the bees to Eliza. It takes two to make a baby. Don't put all the blame on Bob.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Someone needs to explain the birds and the bees to Eliza. It takes two to make a baby. Don't put all the blame on Bob.

Maybe her parents forgot that part when she was growing up. :grimace:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @LegacySims2017 Ya know... Eliza may not be a mother figure. Bob though would be a good dad.
    They could get a pet and name her/him Flapjack or Short Stack. :lol:

I was thinking about Flapjack when Cats and Dogs came out. I don't want to throw a pet into the story without a backstory to it. I do have plans incorporating a pet into the story. It just won't be for awhile. I figured out where to start it. We just need to get to that point.
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 - This is indeed a sad chapter, and it takes two to tango, so the blame is not all on Bob. As far as a pet, Flapjack is a great name. I like it. Hope Eliza and Bob can work things out.
  • Options
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017 - This is indeed a sad chapter, and it takes two to tango, so the blame is not all on Bob. As far as a pet, Flapjack is a great name. I like it. Hope Eliza and Bob can work things out.

I didn't get to write a chapter this past week as it was Thanksgiving week and work was real hectic. I wanted to make sure the time I did have was spent on #BuildNewcrest. I'm having a blast writing that. I hope my portrayal of Juju's narration does folks proud.

As for House of Pancakes, it's going to be a rollercoaster of a ride. That's the only spoiler I will give. We're going to have the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Here's a question I'll throw out regarding flapjack.... what type of dog should he be? Okay here's another spoiler to help out with an answer folks might want to give:
    When their child is born, it will be Iggy created by Maxis, it will mainly be a companion for him.
  • Options
    Here's a question I'll throw out regarding flapjack.... what type of dog should he be? Okay here's another spoiler to help out with an answer folks might want to give
    Hmmm ......
    Beagle or Basset Hound