Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of town would you like?

In the future what kind of towns would you want to see or expect to see based off different places? And what pack would you see it coming with?
A historic English setting for Uni? A rural farm for Seasons?

Comments

• Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I would love an Art Deco styled city with something like a Superhero pack.

Maybe a town wedged in a thick forest, with cottages for Werewolves. Although, a wide open space, something like a misty English moor would also be good for Werewolves! (Cottages would still apply.)

@Zeldaboy180 I believe mentioned elsewhere an underwater town that I'm all for if they did Mermaids. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I would adore a swampy bayou town, though I'm not sure what it would go with. Maybe um...A swamp monster pack, yes?

Maybe save the thick forest option for witches and fairies.

How about a high mountain peak town with things like hot springs and such? Again, no idea on what it'd be for. Maybe more of a vacation spot?
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    axvnhgfwey6axvnhgfwey6 Posts: 5 New Member
    I would like to see a city full of music atmosphere. In the street, someone play the piano and violin, someone is dancing on the side. Maybe that sounds funny,
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited November 2017
    Something northern like in Alaska or Greenland where there's snow more often than not and even in summer, you can see banks of snow still in the distance in the woods that hasn't melted. This could add in winter stuff like ice fishing, skating, igloo building. etc. Similar to Aurora Skies from S3. The brightly colored houses, the kids daycare, the Aurora Borealis in the sky.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    edited November 2017
    Personally, I'd love for a town where houses are closer together also... More urban but not a big city either.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,990 Member
    edited November 2017
    I would like to see a town like Veronville in the sims 2 and a Farm expansion with animals like chickens that can lay eggs for sale, use in recipes, or produce new chickens/roosters. A cow that you can milk, can breed to sell or use. A sheep you can sheer for wool and reproduce. Pigs that can reproduce and you can sell. A goat that can reproduce and use as a lawnmower...lol and of course horses that can reproduce. And, Farm equipment, a few new crops like hay, grain and corn.a Farmer aspiration , and a few new traits that could pertain to farmers. A good place to add a sewing machine that you could use create a wheel to make clothes, bed spreads, and stuffed toys. Also they could add a butter churn, a canning station you can use for food or gifts, they need to bring gift giving back.
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    @Dannydanbo I completely agree Aurora Skies was my favourite sims 3 world it was beautiful! Loved the scandanavian feel of the houses and home decor! I'd like something like that brought back <3
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited November 2017
    Another downtown style world with family style apartments (built in playgrounds) would be nice, maybe with a commercial district too. Probably never gonna happen though :(
    Like this:
    garden-grove-apartments-montgomery-al-3-of-3-playgrounds.jpg
    AnaheimStadium_Thumbnail.jpg
    Golden-Needle-Winstons.jpg
    Downtown_Astoria_-_Commercial_St_with_former_Hotel_Astoria.jpg
    dazb_downtown_tucson_sunset.jpg?itok=uPjT7biN
    0_4200_0_1906_one_USA_Austin_Downtown_014_NM.jpg
    eastland-apartments-grand-rapids-mi-building-photo.jpg
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Addition to that: I'd like to see the downtown part of BB (the backdrops part) being playable would be neat.
    670?cb=20171028075605
    Screen_Shot_2017-10-30_at_21.31.31.png
    Screen_Shot_2017-10-28_at_18.53.39.png
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Somewhere tropical, like Copacabana beach in Rio or Honolulu, a nice combo of big city, jungle, and sandy beaches.
    522.jpg1469063274-Copacabana_beach.jpg
    copacabana_rio_de_janeiro_7.jpg
    Ala-Moana-Beach-Park-37511.jpg
    0217-GQ-MATR01-06-Honolulu-04.jpg
    Honolulu-Hawaii.jpg
  • Options
    AdrianT95AdrianT95 Posts: 9 New Member
    A futuristic city like Oasis Landing (TS3) and also some futuristic stuff it would be great :D because I love the futuristic cities.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'd like to see something futuristic, and/or a livable alien world.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    Fantasy town, of course :) Something like Dragon Valley
    And what never happens: more areas similar to HOMM cities: magical forests, lava rivers, buildings with eerie green glow etc

Aside from this northern town would be great.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I'd absolutely die for an alpine, European world. That's the one of want moat of all
    For a game pack, I'd like to see a Mediterranean world with Moorish architecture.
    Id also like to see a world inspired by England. It's probably a highly unpopular opinion, but is love lots of small lots which are close next to each other since it's what I'm used to. Massive lots are nice but feel unfamiliar for the most part

In general, something new and not similar to Willow Creak as much as some of the neighbourhoods we have
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Well I suppose that a rural town would be nice. Outside of that they seem to have all the basics covered. Just need some seasons for them.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,990 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I'd absolutely die for an alpine, European world. That's the one of want moat of all
    For a game pack, I'd like to see a Mediterranean world with Moorish architecture.
    Id also like to see a world inspired by England. It's probably a highly unpopular opinion, but is love lots of small lots which are close next to each other since it's what I'm used to. Massive lots are nice but feel unfamiliar for the most part

In general, something new and not similar to Willow Creak as much as some of the neighbourhoods we have

Having a vacation pack that had different stops along the Mediterranean would be cool, but most likely vacations will be game packs and will have a very small world.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    I don't really care what the theme would be as long as it's original.
  • Options
    PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    I'm wanting a rural town. Even though it's not my cup of tea to live there irl, I would like the option in the game. I'm so happy about Brindleton Bay, though, because of that Northeast US kind of feel. That's where I grew up, so it's more like home and it just makes me happy. We also need a beach destination world, with hotels.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I'd like a rural small town - something very U.S. Midwestern/Prairie. Like a railroad or crossroads town, with a one-room schoolhouse-type building (I have family who live in a converted one) and a town hall and a fairgrounds and some long unpaved lanes and big open fields. And, you know, cows and chickens and tractors and all sorts of other farm stuff :)

I'd like an English village too, like those cute Cotswolds ones where the neighbours get upset if you move in with a flashy car because you might wreck the tourism. I stayed in a small pub/hotel on the edge of one of those towns and horse looked in our window in the morning. A stone circle outside town would be lovely! And a tea shop and lots of hills and flower decor and a village square and ceiling beams. And maybe something not picture-postcard too.

I'd like a beach town, the kind that tourists come to but also that has lots of locals. It could be an occasion to bring back the Slacker career :) And swimming too. And also surfing! Surfing would be fun to have in Sims. Maybe it could be modelled on Hawaii. And if it could be part vacation-gameplay, part residential-gameplay, that would be cool!

@Dannydanbo Aurora Skies was my favorite Sims 3 world too! Well, actually, tied with Lunar Lakes. That was a riot to make up scenarios for :)

Maybe something like a Space Station would be fun! It would just need restrictions on not-living-there Sims showing up there. But our Sims who live there could beam anywhere they want, of course :) Like, a DS9 type station, that has everything you need to live there. But also a transporter :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    I wanna see a tropical island(s) map like isla paradiso or a really modern map where all buildings are super nice looking and are at most a decade old. Also a mountain region would be nice, also somewhere where it non-stop snows, even if TS4 seasons comes out the seasons will not effect the map (similar to how I kinda hope that it doesn’t snow in strange town 2.0)
  • Options
    mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    edited November 2017
    A mediterranean town, a scandinavian town, a rural town and a tropical town would be really good.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd like a rural world with an English/Scottish/Irish feel to it

I'd also like a town that is a bit like Burra (Australia).
    A bit like Cornwall meets old west.
    b31.jpg
    Burra-Railway-Station-1883-1.png
    181300_home_hero.jpg?1420534703
    Burra_cottages.jpg
    Burra_mine_and_morphetts_buildings_2.jpg

Monday wrote: »
    I would love an Art Deco styled city with something like a Superhero pack.
    I really like that idea!

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,608 Member
    Beach like we had in Sims 2 and 3 where they go in and swim.
    Suburbs because I like desperate housewives TV show.
  • Options
    IrisvalleyIrisvalley Posts: 5 New Member
    I would like to see the existing worlds updated. Wish I worked for the Sims haha, got so many ideas.

I read somewhere that San Myshuno is based on different city's around the world, like Hong Kong and New York. I think they should've chosen just one type of big city. Maybe Vancouver (big mountains and alpine trees around), Los Angeles (palm trees and beaches) or just Hong Kong (little islands around with fishmarkets that you can visit).

Magnolia Promenade should be in Willow Creek, as a neighborhood. Then Willow Creek would give more the New Orleans/southern feeling because the streets of Magnolia Promenade look a little like the French Quarter (if you restyle it).

Oasis Springs gives me the cowboy feeling. So if horses will come someday, there should be prairies/big open fields where you can ride your horse and have your barn.

Newcrest looks like Willow Creek ánd Magnolia Promenade. That is a little boring. Now it feels like a neighborhood of Willow Creek. I've never played it but I get why it's there, for more space.

I hope there will be a supernatural town like Moonlight Falls (ts3) and that Forgotton Hollow will be part of that world, as a neighborhood (far away in the mountains or something).

I love Windenburg and Granite Falls and I'm sure Brindleton Bay is gonna be perfect. Been in New England two weeks ago so now I got so much inspiration!
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »

I think you read my mind for most of this stuff. I'd love for an English town and maybe some Capps live in it since they are supposed to be an English family.
    And a foresty area would be great!

@Irisvalley I think Willow Creek is a bit New Orleans style but it's too green and widespread to look like the French Quarter. It would be bettter if it had a graveyard... I'm from New Orleans and personally, I think the graveyards there are soaked in so much culture and history.