Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flex- Pay Not Pre- Pay

Comments

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2017
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Stormsview wrote: »
    do they even take money from you directly when you preorder? when I did this for city living they didn't charge me until the day it was released.

When you click pre order it goes to your shopping cart, we all know what that means. then next your directed to check out, then you see
    PAY NOW
    When you pre order you pay up front I checked it said PAY NOW and you suppose to click it. when I see PAY NOW that means I am about to be charged lol :D. Not sure about other countries. In the USA, PAY NOW means just that. Take my money Now. lol.

Actually, it doesn't draw money. I live in the USA and I can say for a fact that EA doesn't charge for a preorder up until the release (proof being my bank account and the EA support website). It'll remain as processing on your Origin billing history and won't withdraw up until it actually releases.

What is the difference between your actual balance and your available balance?

Your available balance reflects any pre authorization/deposit/check holds, etc. and is used to determine available funds for future transactions on your account. If funds are not sufficient in the available balance at the time a transaction clears, an overdraft or NSF fee is charged for each transaction that attempts to post. Likewise, if there are not sufficient funds in the available balance at the time of new ATM or debit card authorizations, the transactions could be declined.

(You had money to cover the hold that Origin had on your account), but the money was on hold because the money was never yours after you clicked Pay Now. just most people never have to have their money held that long by any company.

So your actual money balance did change, say if you had 1000$ in your account and you promise EA with a PAY Now 100.$, and you feel you do not have to pay until Nov 10th, so you go out Sept 1st and you spend 950.$ Then you get an NSF fee on your account, and you may wonder why, Because the Money you click to Pay EA on a Pay Now was put on hold and you can not touch that money it's not any longer yours. so yes you over-drafted on your account.

In your case, It was not a problem because you most likely have a large bank balance. And what you saw on your bank transaction was the release of the money. but the money was not in your available balance from the time you clicked PAY Now

I just think it would be nice if we could just pay 10$ per month and own last payment on Nov 10th. So no 42.$ hold all the way to Nov 10th
    I was about to click that as well, then I thought Why, what do we get for our Pre Pay, Nothing. For holding my money for 3 months, I think we should just get a small gift like a new Christmas stuff pack or something.

But of course, it's your money, your choice, and you may not have kids in the home that also need the new pack because we can not share.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I want the physical copy of it so I have to wait until the afternoon on release day. Anybody else buy physical? I usually pre-order through store pick up on Targets app. I'm curious if anyones gotten it at midnight at Walmart before? I asked my Walmart when City Living came out and they looked and were nice but couldn't find it. :(
  • Options
    :) I like to buy from Target as well, but then I switched to Origin. Because I think we can not buy our stuff packs any place but Origin, not sure on that. But that was my reason.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    Yea that makes me sad :( but Target has never messed anything up, I just have to wait. I found a guy on the forums who makes box art in Photoshop. They come out nicely when you print them out and put them in dvd cases. So I have the full collection in physical form :D
  • Options
    For anyone who's interested, here's the link for the Sims 4 Cutom Box Art. Only Game Packs and Stuff Pack are made btw.

http://simscommunity.info/social/media/albums/custom-work.11/

^ He doesn't have 5 of the newest packs yet, I've managed to make my own versions that turned out nicely. I'll post them somewhere soon and update with that link as well.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    do they even take money from you directly when you preorder? when I did this for city living they didn't charge me until the day it was released.

When you click pre order it goes to your shopping cart, we all know what that means. then next your directed to check out, then you see
    PAY NOW
    When you pre order you pay up front I checked it said PAY NOW and you suppose to click it. when I see PAY NOW that means I am about to be charged lol :D. Not sure about other countries. In the USA, PAY NOW means just that. Take my money Now. lol.

Actually, it doesn't draw money. I live in the USA and I can say for a fact that EA doesn't charge for a preorder up until the release (proof being my bank account and the EA support website). It'll remain as processing on your Origin billing history and won't withdraw up until it actually releases.

What is the difference between your actual balance and your available balance?

Your available balance reflects any pre authorization/deposit/check holds, etc. and is used to determine available funds for future transactions on your account. If funds are not sufficient in the available balance at the time a transaction clears, an overdraft or NSF fee is charged for each transaction that attempts to post. Likewise, if there are not sufficient funds in the available balance at the time of new ATM or debit card authorizations, the transactions could be declined.

(You had money to cover the hold that Origin had on your account), but the money was on hold because the money was never yours after you clicked Pay Now. just most people never have to have their money held that long by any company.

So your actual money balance did change, say if you had 1000$ in your account and you promise EA with a PAY Now 100.$, and you feel you do not have to pay until Nov 10th, so you go out Sept 1st and you spend 950.$ Then you get an NSF fee on your account, and you may wonder why, Because the Money you click to Pay EA on a Pay Now was put on hold and you can not touch that money it's not any longer yours. so yes you over-drafted on your account.

In your case, It was not a problem because you most likely have a large bank balance. And what you saw on your bank transaction was the release of the money. but the money was not in your available balance from the time you clicked PAY Now

I just think it would be nice if we could just pay 10$ per month and own last payment on Nov 10th. So no 42.$ hold all the way to Nov 10th
    I was about to click that as well, then I thought Why, what do we get for our Pre Pay, Nothing. For holding my money for 3 months, I think we should just get a small gift like a new Christmas stuff pack or something.

But of course, it's your money, your choice, and you may not have kids in the home that also need the new pack because we can not share.
    If one properly budgets there should be no problem. I use Quicken and log in all present and future sales. If one just budgets in their mind there might be some problems.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 300 Member
    edited August 2017
    Personally never liked pre-ordering lately i been avoiding doing it all together, seems only thing it's good for is collateral insurances for those who bank development. That once seems the profit margin can't reach a higher number they start pulling the plugs as there nothing more to be had for them, push out content half finished or not then proceed if keeps making more money perhaps throwing out a patch or too if at all. If they don't have that assurance it's more likely they will polish product before releasing it be sure it gets a good review reception, because some may be holding out until reviews come in before buying. If they already been paid by preordering well, not sure how refund options go then with digitally purchased content?
  • Options
    Personally never liked pre-ordering lately i been avoiding doing it all together, seems only thing it's good for is collateral insurances for those who bank development. That once seems the profit margin can't reach a higher number they start pulling the plugs as there nothing more to be had for them, push out content half finished or not then proceed if keeps making more money perhaps throwing out a patch or too if at all. If they don't have that assurance it's more likely they will polish product before releasing it be sure it gets a good review reception, because some may be holding out until reviews come in before buying. If they already been paid by preordering well, not sure how refund options go then with digitally purchased content?

I know EA can make a good product if they chose to do so. People here are already complaining about the pet's fur, I feel sad about that because I liked the pets. as for refunds far as I know it's 7 days after purchase. or perhaps delivery of game pack, not sure with pre order/pre pay. I believe legally we can have our funds on hold, but we can not be fully processed until delivery of said purchases and I believe this is for all businesses. I would like some clarification on the refund policy I do know they give refunds. I think that only applies to the last pack, so who would do that, it could hurt your game.

But I do not think anyone will be asking for a refund because everyone loves the Dogs and Cats EP. and if its as pictured on the video, they will love it.
    Lots of people here talk very badly about the ball pit or pool for the toddlers, But I am sure not one of them will trade it in for 10$ refund.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @Stormsview Who told you that you couldn't share the game with your kids? You don't have to buy a copy for each child, you can all play using the same account. The only difference is that you all can't be online at the same time. One of you can be 'online' in Origin while the others play offline (when playing simultaneously.) There's no way in the world I'd purchase all of the EPs, SPs and GPs three times just so my kids can play. :o
  • Options
    edited August 2017

I know EA can make a good product if they chose to do so. People here are already complaining about the pet's fur, I feel sad about that because I liked the pets.
    That's just it while they made great packs like Vampire pack things like Dine out could used more polish, you can't call workers ask why they're not showing up for work for instance, if you demote them they act totally surprised when they don't show up for work complaining their being treated unfairly. Then you can't cook yourself as restaurant chef and you can't mentor chefs yourself despite having 10 in home cooking and gourmet cooking skills yourself, feel like there many places packs like dine out could used more polish and work on it.

Guess what i am saying is hard to tell if Cats and dogs are going to be great or not until reviews come in, or you can really make a good educated guess yourself from footage, videos and interviews which for me means pre-ordering feels as a gamble especially if it ends meaning amount of preorders so big that EA start thinking there, not much more profit to be had then pushes out final product in a tolerable state but not as well done as Vampire pack or polished for instance.

EDIT: Think whole preorder thing EA trying to play things safe after the flop Mass Effect Andromeda turned out to be, that they now pulled the plug on that.

• Options

I know EA can make a good product if they chose to do so. People here are already complaining about the pet's fur, I feel sad about that because I liked the pets.
    That's just it while they made great packs like Vampire pack things like Dine out could used more polish, you can't call workers ask why they're not showing up for work for instance, if you demote them they act totally surprised when they don't show up for work complaining their being treated unfairly. Then you can't cook yourself as restaurant chef and you can't mentor chefs yourself despite having 10 in home cooking and gourmet cooking skills yourself, feel like there many places packs like dine out could used more polish and work on it.

Guess what i am saying is hard to tell if Cats and dogs are going to be great or not until reviews come in, or you can really make a good educated guess yourself from footage, videos and interviews which for me means pre-ordering feels as a gamble especially if it ends meaning amount of preorders so big that EA start thinking there, not much more profit to be had then pushes out final product in a tolerable state but not as well done as Vampire pack or polished for instance.

EDIT: Think whole preorder thing EA trying to play things safe after the flop Mass Effect Andromeda turned out to be, that they now pulled the plug on that.

Yes, you can be the Vet yourself, and hire our own employees. I did see someone holding a fox that was dressed up also a raccoon, so maybe we will have them as pets as well. If I have it correctly we may get small pets or horses in a pack later.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @Stormsview Who told you that you couldn't share the game with your kids? You don't have to buy a copy for each child, you can all play using the same account. The only difference is that you all can't be online at the same time. One of you can be 'online' in Origin while the others play offline (when playing simultaneously.) There's no way in the world I'd purchase all of the EPs, SPs and GPs three times just so my kids can play. :o

Writin_Reg kind of confirmed it when she said a woman I think a family member, said she lost her account for sharing it with her daughters. Not sure, but I would like some clarity on this from EA. And thank you :) It would be nice to be able to share it with your immediate family. I do know they want kids to have their own accounts, that's only after a parent make their own account first. So I do believe they mean for us to buy our kids their own games as well, just my understanding.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Writin_Reg kind of confirmed it when she said a woman I think a family member, said she lost her account for sharing it with her daughters. Not sure, but I would like some clarity on this from EA. And thank you :) It would be nice to be able to share it with your immediate family. I do know they want kids to have their own accounts, that's only after a parent make their own account first. So I do believe they mean for us to buy our kids their own games as well, just my understanding.

I have shared my games with my children. With TS4 we need to be on the same account like @IceyJ said and if you are playing at the same time one needs to be offline. My oldest son is 23 and he buys his own but my youngest, 18, who only dabbles in the sims will play on my account from time to time. That is also only if you are all playing on different computers of course. This is the first I'm hearing of anyone losing an account over it. The Sims is usually family friendly.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    By the way Sim Guru Drake confirmed that Account sharing is a Bannable offense by the way according to the rules of the TOS.

You can find it here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922567/actions-with-zero-tolerance/p1?new=1
  • Options

Writin_Reg wrote:
    I have no idea about Sims 3 - I only read this and all the various links and saw one of the EA forum moderators posting that Sims games forums will work the same as all of EA forums. What ever that means.

Then my daughter in law posted to me last night in a pm elsewhere she got it confirmed from Origin that the reason she lost her account was sharing it and her games with her daughters. But again that was on Sims 4 - so I believe it is all EA games - but only asking SGDrake or maybe EA Mage might answer the question on Sims 3. I never share anything with family so - I really don't know.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I think one of the daughters told unknowingly on the forums.
    Me I do not understand why it's so wrong? I would love an explanation on why?
    Post edited by Stormsview on
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    edited August 2017
    So whats the point of pre ordering? We've established if you do you aren't charged until the day.Theres no bonuses for pre ordering, you dont jump the queue downloading it, so whats the actual point?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    I think one of the daughters told unknowingly on the forums. I am sure daughter would have erased it if she knew it was wrong before her mom found out. as a child, I am sure that's scary for her to get her mom in trouble. Or maybe her mom did not even know it was wrong.

They don't want sharing because they want to sell games. It's that simple. In TS3 you could have the game installed on up to 3 computers and play. That was before they account locked the games, meaning that they are all tied to Origin now. Now you have to log in to Origin to access your games. That means to share the games, you share your account. I think there is a huge difference between sharing with a minor child and say, letting you have access to my account. I am not a company trying to make money though so I suppose they may see it differently.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    So whats the point of pre ordering? We've established if you do you aren't charged until the day.Theres no bonuses for pre ordering, you dont jump the queue downloading it, so whats the actual point?

The actual point is to put color in that gray icon when I load my game. Yup, that's it. That is the entire reason I pre-ordered. Well, that and the past couple of times I've tried to purchase when the game first releases there have been minor hiccups (most likely server lag) and knowing all I have to do is download it and avoid any possibility of that recurring makes me happy.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    I think one of the daughters told unknowingly on the forums. I am sure daughter would have erased it if she knew it was wrong before her mom found out. as a child, I am sure that's scary for her to get her mom in trouble. Or maybe her mom did not even know it was wrong.

They don't want sharing because they want to sell games. It's that simple. In TS3 you could have the game installed on up to 3 computers and play. That was before they account locked the games, meaning that they are all tied to Origin now. Now you have to log in to Origin to access your games. That means to share the games, you share your account. I think there is a huge difference between sharing with a minor child and say, letting you have access to my account. I am not a company trying to make money though so I suppose they may see it differently.

HOW TO SET UP A CHILD EA ACCOUNT FOR YOUR UNDERAGE CHILD
    Monday, 17 April 2017
    If your child wants to play games on Origin, learn how to set up a child account for them so they can stay safe while playing their favorite games.
    Parents should make their own EA Account before creating one for their child. Use your email address to set it up — you’ll use it again as the parental email for your child’s account.

If you need to contact us for help with either account — yours or your child’s — use your account to talk to us.

Yes

No
    Once you (the parent or guardian) have an EA Account, you can create an account for your child. Launch the Origin client and follow the steps below.

On the login window, click Create an account.
    If you need to, log out of your account first.
    When prompted for the Date of Birth and Country, enter your child's date of birth.
    Choose an ID and password that both you and your child will remember.
    We recommend choosing a password that’s different from your own.
    Enter the email address from your own EA Account in the Parent's Email field.
    You’ll get an email verifying that you created your child’s account. Follow the instructions in the email to activate your child's account.

TIP: Write your child’s ID and password down, then keep them in a safe place. That way you’ll both always have a way to remember them.

If you do forget their password, you can reset it in a few quick steps.

Add games to your child's account
    When you purchase an eligible game on disc from a retail store or site, it will come with a Product Code. Log in to your child's EA Account, and redeem the Product Code in Origin to add the game to that account.

Underage accounts cannot make purchases in the online Origin store.

Children who have underage accounts can upgrade their account to a full access account once they reach a certain age, which varies from country to country. Learn how to age up a child account to an adult account.

Home / Origin / How to update an EA Account to...
    HOW TO UPDATE AN EA ACCOUNT TO AN ADULT ACCOUNT
    Monday, 17 April 2017
    If your parent or guardian created an EA Account for you when you were a child, your account is a child account. Once you’re no longer considered underage for where you live*, you can upgrade (or “age up”) your account to an adult account.
    *Age varies by country or region.

A full access EA Account lets you access all of Origin’s features, like:

Playing online
    Chatting with friends
    Inviting friends to play
    Buying and downloading games from the Origin store
    When can I age up my account?
    We’ll automatically let you know when you can! Once you’re able to have a full access account in your country, you’ll get a pop-up notification every time you log in to Origin.

Child accounts are usually linked to full access (“adult”) accounts. You can only upgrade a child account from the child account — you can’t make this change from the adult account. You or your parent or guardian must log in to the child account to update it.

Once you upgrade your account to an adult account, you can add your own email address (the previous email belongs to the adult account that yours linked to) as well as a Security Question and Answer.

HOW TO UPDATE AN EA ACCOUNT TO AN ADULT ACCOUNT
    Monday, 17 April 2017
    If your parent or guardian created an EA Account for you when you were a child, your account is a child account. Once you’re no longer considered underage for where you live*, you can upgrade (or “age up”) your account to an adult account.
    *Age varies by country or region.

A full access EA Account lets you access all of Origin’s features, like:

Playing online
    Chatting with friends
    Inviting friends to play
    Buying and downloading games from the Origin store
    When can I age up my account?
    We’ll automatically let you know when you can! Once you’re able to have a full access account in your country, you’ll get a pop-up notification every time you log in to Origin.
    on your home page you can find this
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    edited August 2017

The actual point is to put color in that gray icon when I load my game. Yup, that's it. That is the entire reason I pre-ordered. Well, that and the past couple of times I've tried to purchase when the game first releases there have been minor hiccups (most likely server lag) and knowing all I have to do is download it and avoid any possibility of that recurring makes me happy.

Another mystery solved
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options

yeah but our kids.?

We beg and ask for everything on here, but we never ask for a change in this policy, and most do not even know it exists.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

That it covers the publishers backs basically, meaning they're sure that pre-orders will likely be the amount of money they're sure to get no matter the quality of state of the product. Say for instance than Cats and dogs end getting rushed through in a semi unfinished state chances are you'll have a hard time getting a refund, because game might automatically installed onto your main base game on release so be hard to prove you have not played or used it yet. Secondly you might even played it when you got it down before any reviews came in if it's good or bad, so if it ended not living up to promises or expectations well then might not be able to recover money you spend.

Then you could have situations where if there a huge number of pre-orders and marketing suddenly decide, prospect of selling many more packs than already been ordered are slim. Publishers might say then we only adding enough money to put it out in a tolerable state because there lesser business interest to be had in the pack left.

In other words as player i feel like you get very little out of pre-ordering most the advantages are on developers or publishers end, there some who explain problems with preordering way better than me:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mf5Uj4XIT1Y

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C7zxKMSSM4U

EDIT: P.S should probably say i am by no means saying Cats and dogs are going to be a bad pack, just if it should happen to be the case you're might end in bad situation compared to if you wait and buy when it's been reviewed first.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

That it covers the publishers backs basically, meaning they're sure that pre-orders will likely be the amount of money they're sure to get no matter the quality of state of the product. Say for instance than Cats and dogs end getting rushed through in a semi unfinished state chances are you'll have a hard time getting a refund, because game might automatically installed onto your main base game on release so be hard to prove you have not played or used it yet. Secondly you might even played it when you got it down before any reviews came in if it's good or bad, so if it ended not living up to promises or expectations well then might not be able to recover money you spend.

Then you could have situations where if there a huge number of pre-orders and marketing suddenly decide, prospect of selling many more packs than already been ordered are slim. Publishers might say then we only adding money enough to put it out in a tolerable state because there lesser business interest to be had in the pack left.

In other words as player i feel like you get very little out of pre-ordering most the advantages are on developers or publishers end, there some who explain problems with preordering way better than me:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mf5Uj4XIT1Y

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C7zxKMSSM4U

Most understand a hold on their bank account, the Day you click Pay Now is the day that money is no longer yours and is unusable by you. it's put in a holding account until EA is legally allowed to remove it and that's the day of shipment to you Nov 10, This is the same as when you order from any store on the web, you click Pay Now, that money now belongs to that store , and they will charge you on shipment. Banks release the hold from your account releasing the actual funds that have been on hold waiting for Nov 10th... The money would not have been your money for over 3 months while on hold.

When you click Pay Now, you bought it. and it's now EA's money, not yours. So when you Click Pay Now you must have enough money in your account to cover that amount, or you will get an overdraft fee. those funds are same as cash guaranteed money.Because you gave it and now not allowed to touch the money. simple. ask your bank.

Just do not say I establish that they do not have to pay until Nov 10th that's so not true, they approve the funds to be set aside for EA on the Day they click Pay Now, Got it?
    While I understand the rest of your post, I do not get into all that, I rather not.
    I just wanted it to be easy 10$ payments, which is almost the same. but without the full hold. that would have to be us just paying that amount each month. I think they would get more prepay that way in the long run.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    By the way Sim Guru Drake confirmed that Account sharing is a Bannable offense by the way according to the rules of the TOS.

You can find it here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922567/actions-with-zero-tolerance/p1?new=1

But these are the forum rules. No sharing of forum accounts. I don't see where Origin is mentioned anywhere.