Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Change how babies look

KlumsyKateKlumsyKate Posts: 451 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Change how babies look, no new life stage called

-New baby life stage: This life stage is called Crawler. Crawlers are older and taller infant sims who are unattached from the crib and can roam around freely. This is a combination between newborn and toddler. Crawlers are modeled after 7-10 month old babies and approx. 2'2"-2'4" (so taller than newborn, I mean much taller, like they tower over babies but slightly smaller than toddlers) in size. A baby would gradually age into a crawler and then a crawler would age into a toddler. Unlike a baby, a crawler's outfit and physical appearance can be completely customize in CAS. Also, crawlers have hair on their hear (ear to chin length) Crawlers sleep in cribs (no not bassinets or toddler beds) and eat in high chairs (just like a toddler). Crawlers have longer arms and legs but still have the pudgy bodies and adorable faces (more similar to babies than toddlers).

Other info: Crawlers can take baths in the bath tub just like a toddler

-New objects:

http://www.target.com/p/evenflo-exersaucer-bounce-learn-activity-center/-/A-14419213?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Baby_Top Performers&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=s&device=c&location=9022537&gclid=CJnQ66D6x9MCFVa1wAodM6wF4Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

http://www.target.com/p/ingenuity-153-cradling-bouncer-153/-/A-51383556

http://www.target.com/p/little-tikes-baby-sway-n-play-activity-gym-multi-colored/-/A-50570500

Toys: Rattles or shakers, teething rings, stacking rings, smaller stuffed animals, blocks (can share same toys are toddlers do)
Post edited by KlumsyKate on

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Okay, I get it now. You're one of those people who like to try and cause confusion and trouble in the forums. I'm going to ignore you from now on. Happy simming.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Okay, I get it now. You're one of those people who like to try and cause confusion and trouble in the forums. I'm going to ignore you from now on. Happy simming.

No I am not, I'm brand new to the forums. Why are you being like that? You never been around me before. Oh I get it, your just being a troll and ruining my thread. Well I'm dealing with you. Bye bye troll.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well then the baby could be made cuter and maybe have hair
    I would really like that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    well then the baby could be made cuter and maybe have hair
    I would really like that

Yeah I actually wish they changed the baby's design and made them a little older.
  • Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I'd love for them to add a fleshed-out baby stage with the ability to edit babies in CAS (including hair, clothing, etc.) and for babies to be modeled after how they are in Freeplay. I don't think we'll see this in the sims 4, but maybe in 5.
  • Options
    WiinterWiinter Posts: 3 New Member
    This is actually a really good idea, I really hope ea makes this a thing or someone makes a mod like this!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I would be in favor of being able to edit them in CAS. Clothing and whether or not you want them to have hair, wispy, longish or bald.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    Love this idea. I don't know if we'd have to add a whole new lifestage, but maybe it would be cool to add much more to what babies are right now and lengthen the life stage. I'm currently using mods to make the babies in my game not look like such doughy, empty beings, so I would really like these changes. I'm thinking that there could be full on changing stations, strollers, more interactions, the ability to take the baby with you to a park or something and place a playpen or something from your inventory for them to play in. That would be cool
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    KlumsyKate wrote: »
    Change how babies look, no new life stage called

-New baby life stage: This life stage is called Crawler. Crawlers are older and taller infant sims who are unattached from the crib and can roam around freely. This is a combination between newborn and toddler. Crawlers are modeled after 7-10 month old babies and approx. 2'2"-2'4" (so taller than newborn, I mean much taller, like they tower over babies but slightly smaller than toddlers) in size. A baby would gradually age into a crawler and then a crawler would age into a toddler. Unlike a baby, a crawler's outfit and physical appearance can be completely customize in CAS. Also, crawlers have hair on their hear (ear to chin length) Crawlers sleep in cribs (no not bassinets or toddler beds) and eat in high chairs (just like a toddler). Crawlers have longer arms and legs but still have the pudgy bodies and adorable faces (more similar to babies than toddlers).

Other info: Crawlers can take baths in the bath tub just like a toddler

-New objects:

http://www.target.com/p/evenflo-exersaucer-bounce-learn-activity-center/-/A-14419213?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Baby_Top Performers&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=s&device=c&location=9022537&gclid=CJnQ66D6x9MCFVa1wAodM6wF4Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

http://www.target.com/p/ingenuity-153-cradling-bouncer-153/-/A-51383556

http://www.target.com/p/little-tikes-baby-sway-n-play-activity-gym-multi-colored/-/A-50570500

Toys: Rattles or shakers, teething rings, stacking rings, smaller stuffed animals, blocks (can share same toys are toddlers do)

Oh please, please no, just improve the current baby life stage to avoid useless life stages like these to be added :(
    But seriously, a crawler life stage sounds really boring, and what would be the point of it? We don't need for every single age a new life stage. It's ok like it is now, they just need to improve the baby life stage that is already existing in the game. Free them from the cribs, make them customisable, give them some hair and you have it.
    The life stage that you described could easily be replaced by the baby life stage. But nah, atleast the babies aren't looking like tacos anymore like in TS3... :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm actually so-so on this. I kind of like having the baby at it's current life stage though I agree I'd like to see a little more texture added to it. and maybe a few more social interactions though who actually knows what the sim gurus have up their sleeves? They do like to often suprise us at times. :smiley:
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    yodamiiyodamii Posts: 106 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    I'm actually so-so on this. I kind of like having the baby at it's current life stage though I agree I'd like to see a little more texture added to it. and maybe a few more social interactions though who actually knows what the sim gurus have up their sleeves? They do like to often suprise us at times. :smiley:

I also quite like the way they are now :) I think the things they could do that were mentioned, are already mostly fulfilled by toddlers. I would however like to customise them a bit more, and take them out for walks in a stroller! (same for toddlers)
  • Options
    V8CuckooFlowerV8CuckooFlower Posts: 11 New Member
    I don't think that is ever going to happen. Because of the drama that came with the b.b.q'd baby in sims 3...........
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @yodamii Totally agreed! Babies, toddlers and children need a bit more interaction between them too other than hugs and cooing at too.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I miss TS2 babies sooo much!! They were the best sim babies ever! Ts4 babies are exactly like Ts1 babies.

#freethebabies
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Adding another life stage is utterly pointless.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I have said this in my thread: Extra lifestages, except for maybe pre-teen, WILL NOT HAPPEN. No matter how much you want it, and even though this may be disappointing to you, a lifestage like crawler, while nice and cute, is simply to expensive to make for what you get. It would be way cheaper for the developers to just revamp the baby life stage.

Not trying to sound rude though. :)
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    I have said this in my thread: Extra lifestages, except for maybe pre-teen, WILL NOT HAPPEN. No matter how much you want it, and even though this may be disappointing to you, a lifestage like crawler, while nice and cute, is simply to expensive to make for what you get. It would be way cheaper for the developers to just revamp the baby life stage.

It's not all about the money though......it's also about the extra animations and whether the gaming system (or whatever you call it) can handle something like that. It's much different from TS3. Plus, with it they have to consider everything they need to put with it to make it a good stage cause they know we will complain if we don't have age appropriate clothing, activities for them to do, reactions/actions that are cute and endearing. It's the reason why preteens wont make it in the game either.

Also, if there is another life stage to be had? I'd really like there to be more supernaturals! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Oh please. Your not getting anything out of that. Don't even try to play that game with me.
  • Options
    nm223181nm223181 Posts: 62 Member
    I love your ideas kate! I would much prefer babies in the sims to resemble this. They are so boring! I literally age my sims babies as soon as they are born. They are just so boring!!

> @KlumsyKate said:
    > Change how babies look, no new life stage called
    >
    > -New baby life stage: This life stage is called Crawler. Crawlers are older and taller infant sims who are unattached from the crib and can roam around freely. This is a combination between newborn and toddler. Crawlers are modeled after 7-10 month old babies and approx. 2'2"-2'4" (so taller than newborn, I mean much taller, like they tower over babies but slightly smaller than toddlers) in size. A baby would gradually age into a crawler and then a crawler would age into a toddler. Unlike a baby, a crawler's outfit and physical appearance can be completely customize in CAS. Also, crawlers have hair on their hear (ear to chin length) Crawlers sleep in cribs (no not bassinets or toddler beds) and eat in high chairs (just like a toddler). Crawlers have longer arms and legs but still have the pudgy bodies and adorable faces (more similar to babies than toddlers).
    >
    > Other info: Crawlers can take baths in the bath tub just like a toddler
    >
    > -New objects:
    >
    > http://www.target.com/p/evenflo-exersaucer-bounce-learn-activity-center/-/A-14419213?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Baby_Top Performers&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=s&device=c&location=9022537&gclid=CJnQ66D6x9MCFVa1wAodM6wF4Q&gclsrc=aw.ds
    >
    > http://www.target.com/p/ingenuity-153-cradling-bouncer-153/-/A-51383556
    >
    > http://www.target.com/p/little-tikes-baby-sway-n-play-activity-gym-multi-colored/-/A-50570500
    >
    > Toys: Rattles or shakers, teething rings, stacking rings, smaller stuffed animals, blocks (can share same toys are toddlers do)
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member

Oh please. Your not getting anything out of that. Don't even try to play that game with me.

What game is he playing at now? *scratches head* I see their points in the extra life stages, preteen included. As they've said before, all they need is a revamp. I can totally see a baby stuff pack happening with everything you've described, if they only would detach the baby from their crib and let them roam. I could see the parent sims making the baby do "tummy time" and all.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It would be nice if the baby actually looked like it fit in this game and not some lifeless doll. They never have matching skin tones it would be nice to at least have a few clothing options and hair styles to choose from not all babies are bald. I'm all for unleashing them changing tables bathes would be nice wish they were not an afterthought like base game teens. What is really sad is Parenting did absolutely nothing for them they're children why did they receive nothing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    NindessaNindessa Posts: 29 Member
    A new life-stage? No. But, a revamp of the current baby-stage? I think it's highly needed. I really don't like the babies being bound to their bassinets the whole time. I liked how it was in sims 2 and 3, where the baby slept in a crib and had to be changed/cleaned at the changing table.

I'd like more things to do with the babies, like put them in a walker or one of those baby swings. It's such a boring stage right now, really.
    ~When life gives you lemons, make orange juice! :) ~
    Origin ID: Nindessa
    Please visit my Basegame Sims Showcase!
  • Options
    edited July 2017

@KlumsyKate I would like you to explain what "game" I am playing. Because I'm not playing any game (cept for Checkers).

I'm not SoFloAntonio, playing CHESS. I am playing Checkers!!
    Post edited by FloppyFish on
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    Can we put up a petition to have these new lifestages:
    -Crawler
    -6 month old
    -1 year old
    -2 year old
    -Young toddler
    -Older Toddler
    -Young Child
    -Old Child
    -Pre-Pre-teen
    -Young teenager
    -Old teenager
    -Old young adult
    -Middle aged
    -60s
    -Old elder
    -Very old elder
    -Ancient
    ??

Mafia Stats

• Options
    Nindessa wrote: »
    A new life-stage? No. But, a revamp of the current baby-stage? I think it's highly needed. I really don't like the babies being bound to their bassinets the whole time. I liked how it was in sims 2 and 3, where the baby slept in a crib and had to be changed/cleaned at the changing table.

I'd like more things to do with the babies, like put them in a walker or one of those baby swings. It's such a boring stage right now, really.

I agreee
    Mafia Stats