Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Flinch Family (CH. 8)

KiayrueKiayrue Posts: 137 Member
Just a side note: This is my first time doing anything like this, so, naturally, I'm a bit scared, heh. My playstyle is more on the casual side, so updates may be less frequent. Hope you guys enjoy reading a bit about my Sims! (CC & MC Command Central Story Progression is used, feel free to ask me about them!)

*Packs Owned: Base Game, Get Together, Parenthood, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Get To Work

The Flinch Family

Meet Janet & Jay Flinch! This young couple has just moved into Willow Creek, hoping to soon expand their little family.

08.07.17_00-14-54.png
Janet Flinch

08.07.17_00-15-52.png
Jay Flinch
Post edited by Kiayrue on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    The Flinch Home - At The End Of The Street

casa 36 on the gallery

1.png
    2.png

Chapter 1 - New Beginnings

Not a lot of time has passed since the Flinchs moved in, and Janet had already started on making their new house more homely. She had just found out that she was expecting and wanted her firstborn to grow up in a beautiful garden.

3.png

As time passed, her belly grew.

4.png

Until finally, Cassidy Flinch was born!

6.png

(Not a lot happening so far! However, I'm still super excited as my birthday is tomorrow & I will be getting Parenthood. Additionally, my sister, who I share a laptop with, will be getting Outdoor Retreat soon, so prepare for future family trips to the woods & lots of parenting along the way, hehe!)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hey! Happy birthday! :) Outdoor Retreat and Parenthood are awesome packs! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited July 2017
    Happy Birthday! I have to say your sims are so pretty!!! I can't wait to see what Cassidy looks like :)
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Thank you, @CathyTea & @swcheppes!
    I just installed a bundle that included Parenthood & two stuff packs (Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night), so I'm super excited to continue playing! Cassidy is going to be a toddler in the next part, and as much as I love their current home, I'm thinking of moving them soon because they simply don't have enough space for more than one child & all the new objects I want to try out!
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I really like Outdoor Retreat. The Duckson Legacy I am writing has Generation 2 playing a major role in Outdoor Retreat.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The New Flinch Home (yes, we're moving again!)

The Flinch family knew that with Cassidy being born, they would need to move soon. Their current house, though new, was simply not built for a family, especially not for one that was planning to have more than one child (hint hint). Luckily, they were able to find a new house rather quickly. It was old, but nevertheless, full of potential.

1.png
    2.png

Chapter 2 - Calm Before The Storm?

As mentioned previously, the Flinchs had just moved into their new home. Jay, being a creative sim, saw lots of opportunities in the house. He knew that they would need to slowly replace all of the old furniture, as well as renovating the empty rooms. However, unlike Janet, who was feeling a little overwhelmed, he looked forward to rebuilding the house.

3.png

Time passed quick around Willow Creek and before Janet & Jay could realize, Cassidy grew into a silly, little toddler.

5.png
    6.png
    ^ More neutral picture

4.png
    ^ Proof that Cassidy has perfected the death stare

A big house with lots of empty rooms seemed like the perfect opportunity for adventures!

7.png

(Honestly, isn't Cassidy the cutest? I'm super happy their child actually turned out pretty! I've been spending most of my time in build mode/cas today, so not a lot of gameplay once again. However, I'll be able to play longer sessions soon as summer vacation is starting!
    *In case anyone is wondering: I used a face overlay, some blush & lashes on Cassidy)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Love the death stare
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Chapter 3 - It's all about harmony!

Having Cassidy grown up into a toddler, the family decided to go out. However, that turned out to not be the best idea. Their youngest family member simply did not have as much fun as her parents.

3.png

So she went & bit the bartender.

4.png
    5.png

The Flinchs did not expect children to need as much time as they did, and they often found themselves neglecting little Cassidy.

7.png

So they hired a nanny.

9.png

Cassidy didn't seem too fond of this idea at first, but they started to get along rather quickly.

11.png
    12.png
    13.png
    8.png
    yeah, right..

However, Janet finally decided to quit her job and start working from home, as a writer. So they took the little money they had saved up & made a temporary workroom where Cassidy could play while Janet was working on her books.

14.png

This decision proved to be right, as harmony had found its way into the Flinchs home once again.

15.png
    10.png
    ^ Cassidy's room
  • Options
    Chapter 4 - A New Sister?

(sorry for the lack of updates!)

With time moving as quickly as it does, the Flinchs welcomed a new family member.
    Meet Dakota Flinch!

1.png
    such a happy looking child..

While little Cassidy wasn't opposed to the idea of a younger sister, she worried that Dakota would get all of her parent's attention, and leave her with none.

2.png

However, she didn't have to fear, as she would get more independent in the next chapter! (hint hint)
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Cassidy's expression as she looks at the bassinet is so adorable!
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Aww Cassidy is such a cutie! I don't know what it is about difficult toddlers that's so adorable and entertaining.

By the way @Kiayrue if you want to remove the plumbob from your screenshots you can use "headlineeffects off" but beware it will also turn off any "hover over" effects and conversation bubbles. I haven't tampered much with MC mod myself yet, but have considered it for screenshots.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    @Pegasus143 I know, right? Took a lot of time to get her into that position, hehe!
    @Karilan Thank you! I already know about that cheats, but I'm not too bothered by plumbobs so I don't use it often. I do use MC Command Central if you're talking about that! Only for story progression though.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Chaper 5 - Happy Birthday!

A day passed, and it turned out that Cassidy didn't have to worry at all. After all, it was her birthday!

1.png
    2.png
    Doesnt' she look adorable in the first picture?

She received lots of hugs that day.

3.png

..and Dakota grew up as well!

4.png
    5.png
    7.png
    6.png
    So clumsy!
  • Options
    Double birthdays! That's so sweet!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    The kids are so adorable!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Chapter 6 - Life.

(Yup, makeovers!)

Having aged up, Cassidy turned out to be quite the responsible child.

4.png
    Fun fact! Whenever Cassidy makes a mess, she automatically cleans it up herself afterward.

Additionally, she was very artistic and could often be seen hanging up her various pieces of art.

6.png

Janet was still writing her books..

3.png

..and Jay was still an aspiring astronaut!

15.png

The Flinchs had established a routine; Every morning, they would eat breakfast together while Dakota was still asleep.

"So, we're doing school projects in class right now, and everyone gets to pick their own topic. I had this great idea to build a solar system. I'm sure our teacher will love it!"

8.png

"That sounds great, Cas! We're so proud to have such a creative girl."

7.png
    More fun facts! Cassidy's Dad is an astronaut, which is why she chose space as her school project's theme.
    Additionally, she has her creative aspiration from him!

.. & when Cassidy got back home, she would usually take a nap!

9.png

On this particular evening, Cassidy started working on her school project..

12.png

..until the next day..
    "Mom, look! It's finished, I made it all on my own!"

13.png

"Wow, it looks great!"

14.png
    That face though.

Meanwhile, Jay was dancing in the living room with his youngest daughter.

2.png

Dakota turned out to be quite fussy & a total daddy's girl!

1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Chapter 7 - Growing Up

Hello, everyone! Cassidy here.

3.png

Don't mind the other Cassidy in the background, she likes showing up in her swimwear. However, today is actually a big day in the life of my sister. It feels like it was only yesterday that she was still a toddler, or at least my parents like to say that. (Which is stupid because she actually was a toddler until yesterday.) I'm sure my sister won't remember this day, so I wrote her a letter.

Dear Dakota,

Today was your birthday and Mommy told me that you probably
    wouldn't remember it, so I decided to tell you everything you
    need to know in this letter.

We started your birthday party at 5pm. Mom invited our nanny
    Anise and two of her close friends, (the other) Cassidy and Ollie.
    Dad was still at work, but we decided to start anyway. Mom
    baked a cake and helped you blew the candles out. Then, you
    grew up.

You had green eyes like me! Mom told me that we both had our
    eyes from Dad, and that you looked a lot like him in general. I
    guess she was right because you also have his hair.

You loved Dad a lot when you were a toddler. Mommy said you
    were a "total Daddy's girl", though I'm not sure what that means.

You're a child too now, but I'm still older! That means that I will
    always protect you.

Happy birthday,
    your big sis.

4.png
  • Options
    That letter is so sweet!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Chapter 8 - Moving. Again.

Yes, we're moving again! In the process of building Newcrest, I decided that I would only place houses that fit the overall theme of the neighborhood. The old Flinch house looked out of place, so it had to go.

1.png

The new house is a mid-century family home in Oasis Springs.

2.png

Obviously, Oasis Springs was a big change of scenery, so the Flinchs decided it would be a good idea to spend their first day at the park.

Selfies!
    3.png
    4.png

(Not a lot happening in this update and updates, in general, are going to slow down from now on because school just started for me. However, there are three birthdays I have yet to make posts about, so exciting stuff coming up!)
  • Options
    maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    This little family is adorable. The houses you've used are amazing, too. Cassidy is one of the prettiest kids I have seen in a sims story.
  • Options
    That actually makes me really happy, thank you @maice!