Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE MAXIS PLEASE! Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

KlumsyKateKlumsyKate Posts: 451 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 2
Oh please I am begging you! Please do the Sims 2 Ultimate giveaway again for 2017! I missed it last year! I miss playing Sims 2 and you can do it again for those unlucky ones like me! I wanted all 18 eps and stf pcks from Sims 2!

Edit: I didn't miss it last year. I missed it four-three years ago. XD
Post edited by KlumsyKate on

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Why is this in the sims 4 section?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    PandypinkPandypink Posts: 165 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Yes this should probably be moved but @KlumsyKate, have you contacted EA and asked for it? I had missed the deal too but when I contacted them in the game's support area and asked if they'd ever release that version again, they just gave me a code for it :) I know many other Simmers experienced this also.
    Sims 3 Wishlist
  • Options
    Pandypink wrote: »
    Yes this should probably be moved but @KlumsyKate, have you contacted EA and asked for it? I had missed the deal too but when I contacted them in the game's support area and asked if they'd ever release that version again, they just gave me a code for it :) I know many other Simmers experienced this also.

I tried but live chat isn't working! :'( I am so upset right now!
  • Options

I dunno. I just rushed to put this somewhere. XDDDDDDDDDD
  • Options
    K its in the right spot. Thanks whoever did this?
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I would continue to keep trying the chat, I think thats the only way you could get it since I doubt they will put it back out any time soon. You could probably call support too if chat continues to not work but I'm not sure theyd give you it then.
  • Options
    RickyPhamRickyPham Posts: 44 Member
    Your best bet is to just wait on live chat. I don't get why they don't just leave it on Origin, it's not like they make money on producing new copies of the Sims 2 anymore.
    xYktTRa.png
  • Options
    cleo00 wrote: »
    I would continue to keep trying the chat, I think thats the only way you could get it since I doubt they will put it back out any time soon. You could probably call support too if chat continues to not work but I'm not sure theyd give you it then.

Okay I requested a call. They should call in 12 minutes or so.
  • Options
    Okay an EA advisor responded but he said I could not get it. I don't own Sims 2 so I can't get it.
  • Options
    LykkeLeafLykkeLeaf Posts: 214 Member
    edited July 2017
    Phone representatives are very unhelpful so I'm not surprised it didn't work. Your best bet is to try again with live chat.
    Make sure that you disable your ad-blocker (if you have one) and that you don't initiate a live-chat session from a direct link you find on google, those never work.

Try clearing your browser cache/history/cookies,
    Go to this link: https://help.ea.com
    And take it from there.
    If the live-chat still doesn't work, try again with a different browser. It didn't work for me at first either until I tried it again with another browser.

Good Luck. :smile:

(I didn't need to provide a code to get TS2 UC and neither did my friend.)
  • Options
    LykkeLeaf wrote: »
    Phone representatives are very unhelpful so I'm not surprised it didn't work. Your best bet is to try again with live chat.
    Make sure that you disable your ad-blocker (if you have one) and that you don't initiate a live-chat session from a direct link you find on google, those never work.

And take it from there.
    If the live-chat still doesn't work, try again with a different browser. It didn't work for me at first either until I tried it again with another browser.

I no longer trust phone representatives. :( I'll try everything I can to get it working! thanks!
  • Options

And take it from there.

Didn't work with live chat either. :s
  • Options
    Going to try again....
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    OMG I GOT THE GAME!!! I GOT SIMS 2! ITS A MIRACLE! I missed Sims 2 so freaking much! Someone was nice enough to give me a code for it. I was so happy and they were very friendly to me! Thank you. :):):)
  • Options
    I spent more than four years trying to get the game and all the eps and stuff packs. I never did succeed because I never had enough. When I was younger, I had the Sims 2 Double Deluxe but the disc broke and I lost the booklet and disc case. God I am so happy...
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I'm glad to hear you finally got the game! :)

By the way, the game is a bit old now so it might have issues with modern hardware. These might be useful to you:

Software to make the game works with modern Graphic Cards: Here
    If you're on Windows 10, you'll need this fix: Here
  • Options

By the way, the game is a bit old now so it might have issues with modern hardware. These might be useful to you:

Thanks! I saved the links in case!
  • Options
    RickyPhamRickyPham Posts: 44 Member
    Glad you could get it working. I bought almost all the Sims 2 CD's and they've just been collecting dust and getting scratched for no reason, so I'm glad I got the UC because there's no way all of these would have installed correctly on my laptop. Hope you enjoy all the little quirks the game has lol.
    xYktTRa.png
  • Options
    RickyPham wrote: »
    Glad you could get it working. I bought almost all the Sims 2 CD's and they've just been collecting dust and getting scratched for no reason, so I'm glad I got the UC because there's no way all of these would have installed correctly on my laptop. Hope you enjoy all the little quirks the game has lol.

Makes sense. I'll enjoy it for sure!
  • Options

Sims 2 keeps crashing when I enter in CAS. That's the only problem I have. Will Secorom fix it?
  • Options
    KlumsyKate wrote: »

Sims 2 keeps crashing when I enter in CAS. That's the only problem I have. Will Secorom fix it?

Are you on Windows 10? Securom causes a lot of problems with the game for those on that version of Windows. Removing securom with the tutorial I posted might help even if you're not on Windows 10. I'm not sure if the other software I linked would have any effect on game crashes, but it's still recommended to use it since it fixes a lot of graphical issues.

If the crashes still persist, try running the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP.
  • Options
    KlumsyKate wrote: »

Are you on Windows 10? Securom causes a lot of problems with the game for those on that version of Windows. Removing securom with the tutorial I posted might help even if you're not on Windows 10. I'm not sure if the other software I linked would have any effect on game crashes, but it's still recommended to use it since it fixes a lot of graphical issues.

If the crashes still persist, try running the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP.

Yep I'm on Windows 10. I'm going to remove securom with the tutorial and run Sim's 2 in XP mode. Thanks!
  • Options
    jodieevaughanjodieevaughan Posts: 6 New Member
    Can I ask where is LykkeLeaf's tutorial on how to move SecuROM? I've spent the past 48 hours trying to do this myself, but I can't seem to separate it from the game and get rid of one but not the other!
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Can I ask where is LykkeLeaf's tutorial on how to move SecuROM? I've spent the past 48 hours trying to do this myself, but I can't seem to separate it from the game and get rid of one but not the other!

The actual link to a tutorial will probably be flagged as spam or something, but you have to remove Origin and run it from your desktop first. Otherwise you can't get rid of Securom, because there's a copy that installs alongside Origin.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member

The actual link to a tutorial will probably be flagged as spam or something, but you have to remove Origin and run it from your desktop first. Otherwise you can't get rid of Securom, because there's a copy that installs alongside Origin.

So even if you use the securom removal tool with origin installed it won't get rid of securom? Is that what you're saying? I don't see how it's possible to remove origin if you have the Ultimate Collection to be able to run it from your desktop first?