Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing a Pre-Made Household

Has anyone "Never" played a pre-made household?

I for one never have.

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    In ts2 and ts3, I almost always play pre-mades. There seem so many with interesting back-stories that I usually have a fab time with them.

In ts4, not so much. I don't know why, they just seem less appealing to me than in previous games. I have mostly played my own made sims in this version.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I love playing Pre-Made Sims! I play them a lot ... depends what's I'm feeling like
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I'm the opposite, I play premades all the time in TS4 but rarely did in TS2 and TS3 (unless of course they were being married into my family). Saying that, I did play Pleasantview a lot in TS2 but with TS3 I couldn't choose just one family to play with so I always ended up making my own.
  • Options
    karizzleskarizzles Posts: 263 Member
    I never do any more. I did in TS2 Gamecube version. I also liked the cat lady lol. My favorite.
    0002745_yuri-on-ice-nitotan-plush-keychains_550.jpeg

• Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I almost exclusively play premade sims. I don't know why, but I get bored of sims I make. I'm on generation 3 of most premade families in my current save.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    edited July 2017
    I did for a while in The Sims 2. I had fun with Nina & Dina & Don Lothario. I had all three at his house and let Nina & Dina catch him in the act with each of them. Totally ruined his relationships with both girls. I had Nina and Dina marry sims I created if I remember right.

I had one of my teen sims go with Alexander Goth and they got married and had kids of their own even though he wasn't the most attractive she was beautiful and I got them to fall in love. They had kids too.

It just seemed more fun with their back stories. I tried to have my Sim date Alexander Goth in the Sims 4 but he just wouldn't have it. Too evil so I gave up on him and had her marry a sim from another family I created. :)
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I played a pre-made family when the game was first released, just as a quick way to get straight to the game. It didn't last long though, and I never played with a pre-made again until maybe the end of last year, but even now, I don't normally actively play them.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I also have not.
    I just like to play my own sim. I don't find the premades interesting at all
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Sims 4 -

So far I've played only the Pancakes household, and nearly always marry Dina Caliente (though I've married Nina a couple of times in the past). I also have stolen borrowed a Day Of The Dead version of Jasmine Holiday from the game. Other than those (VERY) few pre-mades, I tend to make my own Sims.

Sims 3 -

I played with the Wainwrights (Susan & Boyd), Jamie Jolina, the Wolff household, Alto family, Langrak family, "Single Moms" household, Kate Pistachio, Twyla Summers. Rest of the time, I made afew of my own households

All-time favorite pre-made Blair Wainwright!

Sims 2 -

I never played with pre-mades. I only made my own families.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I haven't played a pre-made family since TS1 when I would routinely killed and tortured Bob Newbie.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    In TS4, no. In TS2 and TS1, yes. Ever since 3, I've only played my own.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Sometimes I play the Vatore siblings (twins?) if I've had a sim romance one of them. Other than that? No. I played well over 1000 hours of TS3, and the closest I got to playing premades was having a legacy founder marry one.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    This thread is making me want to play with premades, because I never do (outside of impregnating them).
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    Not really. I mean, I did try to start a game with the Goth family in TS4, but I played with it about a simday or two before I got bored.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't play with the premades unless I marry my sim to one of them. But I must say, I really love the premades in ts4 more than I did in ts3 and ts2, I love having them in the background of my sims' stories.
    Post edited by AbraKadabra on
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    sometimes I do but I don't give them much attention unless they become a friend to someone in the household and even then I take what I want, in one save Morgan is a family friend and is raising her child that she had with Gunther with the child she had with Lucas and....well Lucas but I only made sure her sister had a kid and checked in to kill one of her parents...eh I should play with them more ha.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    I rarely do unless i have one of my Sims marry one of them. In my current game, my Sim married Dina and they had two very handsome boys.. but otherwise, I don't really load up one of the families to play.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm playing a premade rotation (normal lifespan, aging on for active only, aging on for townies 1 week per rotation). At the end of each cycle I move out any teens/YAs I feel would want to move out and add in a couple more Maxis sims from trailers etc to the rotation.

After the second round I moved Amber and Aileen (the alien from the Sul Sul trailer) into the world, so they have joined the premades that ship with the game/packs.

Nobody had died of elderhood yet, but Paolo and Vlad died from sunlight (Paolo's fave drink was Plasma Juice so I turned him) and Geeta and Arun died from pufferfish poisoning when welcoming Don Lothario to the neighbourhood (he got kicked out after impregnating all of the Caliente ladies).
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have a few pre-mades mixed in as playables among sims I've created. I like coming up with my own back stories for the playables and then seeing how they get integrated, or don't, with my other sims. I don't play every pre-made and some of them are just townies. Even the townies are people that I notice when I send my sims out.

I don't have strict rules about playing with pre-mades. They are just potential additions to my rotation.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I didn't touch the premade households until Sims 2 Freetime was released. By that time I evicted all the premades of Desiderata Valley to populate the neighborhood with my own sims. But then, when my sims moved in one by one and the original residents sat there in the family bin, I felt bad for them. I wasn't acting any different from an occupation force, after all. That's when I started playing the premades and the resulting chronicle became my favourite ever.

Nowadays I love mixing my own sims with the premades, but I'm far from playing all of them.
  • Options
    CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    Not every premade but since I play with story progression, sometimes I see that some of them developed an unusual relationship and decide to play with him for a while to see how that's going
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I started playing with premades for the first time after Get Together for the Sims 4 came out. I decided it would be cool to finally try doing a rotational play with just the families in Windenburg and playing just in that world. It gave me an opportunity to really immerse myself in all the features, CAS and building stuff that came with the pack.

I also want to do the same with City Living as I have not played with all the stuff that came with it.

Then I want to go back to the base game and play Oasis Springs/Willow Creek rotations :)