Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry just isn't exciting....

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
I read all those groups, and each one of them (regardless if it suits my playstyle or not) offered something exciting and new. Laundry was just...meh? I personally didn't vote for it because it shouldn't be a stuff pack exclusive, including it there is just a slap to the face for everyone who actually wanted something actually 'eco'. I just know if it loses, it will be included in a future pack anyways so I don't care how many votes it will get :D
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Will you stop being a critic i am a player that voted for laundry since its pretty obivious its something i went back in the game so be a little more respecful and learn to respect the choices players makes we should be grateful to the simgurus for being involve in the creation process if we went something like this to occurt again we need to put the fighting aside and work toghter as fellow simmers and plyers to get the content each players went that fits with there play style.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Personally I also found laundry the least appealing feature. And for me it just doesn't really tie in with the eco living theme. Laundry is a mundane everyday task, like doing the dishes and cleaning, therefore I think it better fits as an update for the basegame. Or maybe a side feature in an EP or something.
    That said, regardless of which one wins, I'd probably buy the pack for the build/buy and CAS stuff alone, which is why I've bought most SPs anyway. I rarely make use of the gameplay features stuff packs add.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don't think it's "boring" but it just simply doesn't make sense for this SP
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I don't think it's "boring" but it just simply doesn't make sense for this SP

Exactly. I voted for off the grid. It made the most sens, and sounded exciting. Imagine a dystopian gameplay with that.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Good for you...?
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I also did not vote for laundry although I was glad to see they did include a wash tub and clothes line option. But to me it was probably the least appealing choice for an Eco living pack
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't get the suggestion of laundry being a part of an EP. I'd rather the SP team or the engagement team work on laundry than the EP team. Plus if you're someone who wants laundry but doesn't want the EP it's tied to you either miss out or pay $40 for it.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I totally agree. Even "carbon trash pack" sounded more exciting than laundry. It will probably win anyways, because, a lot of people got fixated on the idea of laundry being added to the game here and now.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I already do the recycling thing both in real life and Sims2, so that was an easy vote to make.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Good for you...?

Thank you for the constructive comment :)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    I am aware of laundry feature does not fit with the theme but still voted for it. In my opinion, some people did not vote for the eco living life style they just wanted laundry. But we will never know what will we get until they announce the winner. I'm expecting a huge uproar if laundry wont be picked. But to be honest I'm expecting it anyways even if it's picked or not. I won't be sad at the end of this because it was an amazing journey. Thanks to all the gurus and let's bear together until the end of this we all are simmers here and will buy the pack no matter what lol
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    edited June 2017
    To all those Who want Laundry to win the Vote, realize that it makes no sense whatsoever because the pack is about ECO LIVING, and laundry is by far the most UNRELATED thing to Eco Living, I chose for the Off the Grid Option, Because I believe that makes the most sense giving the Objects in the pack, and the overall Theme. It's ECO LIVING, not laundry living! If you people wan't Laundry so bad, skip it in this pack and Hope it comes as in a free patch, like the dishwasher did, then we can guarantee that there will be more options for laundry items to be included in future packs (Stuff, Game, and Expansion included, after all there was a Dish washer included in both the Dine Out Game Pack, and the Parenthood Game Pack, If we have it as A free Basegame object, then we can guarantee that we will have other perhaps better versions of the objects to be included in future packs).
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Will you stop being a critic i am a player that voted for laundry since its pretty obivious its something i went back in the game so be a little more respecful and learn to respect the choices players makes we should be grateful to the simgurus for being involve in the creation process if we went something like this to occurt again we need to put the fighting aside and work toghter as fellow simmers and plyers to get the content each players went that fits with there play style.

I can say to someone who loves peanut butter that I don't like it, it doesn't mean that I'm disrespecting them.

I'm offended!!!
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    While I like the idea of doing laundry with my Sims, I also tried to think ahead. What features will I still like in the long run? That is why I eventually voted for food preserves, since that adds a lot of options (based on the description). Besides, i agree with people saying that laundry doesn't really fit eco living. Maybe the clotheslines and the wash tubs do, but I don't think I would like my Sims doing laundry the old fashioned way. Food preserves fits much better within the eco living theme, in my opinion. Also, the survey clearly stated 'possible' features, so it isn't decided yet what the exact features will be. It's only the theme/category of the features that we voted for as far as I understood.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

I can say to someone who loves peanut butter that I don't like it, it doesn't mean that I'm disrespecting them.

I'm offended!!!

Well boo to you cause I don't like penutbutter either :p

I also don't like potatos, there that should offend majority of people right? Who doesn't like potatos!? Come fight me for my overly critical opinions! Stand up for you love of potatoes in any of their forms! (actually seriously I can't stand potatoes, and please don't fight me)

On a more serious note
    OP I had similar thoughts to you but I read between the lines of laundry and saw one thing I would like, team laundry will be quiet and let other forums live in a probably still conflicted state but no more laundry harassment!

I hope the other ideas get their own packs as well to be honest, I would probably only buy off the grid and food preserves but I could see all of them being very beloved to certain players.
  • Options
    00Nur00Nur Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2017
    Ride or Die! #TeamPeanutButter

As for the pack, my problem is I kinda like ALL the ideas. So, my choosing Preserves and all that doesn't mean I am trashing the other choices. It's just that I want other choices more.
  • Options
    lornalexlovelornalexlove Posts: 106 Member
    I don't mind laundry (I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys it in real life,) but I'm not sure it's something I'd buy a pack for - unless the clothing and other items draw me in, but I have to see the final products first. Some of the other poll options sounded more exciting to me personally (especially canning and nectar making,) for my game play style.
    happily simming since 2000
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I'm offended!!!
    I'm offended people want laundry the most boring thing you can do in real life why have it in a game. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member

I'm offended!!!
    I'm offended people want laundry the most boring thing you can do in real life why have it in a game. :joy:

I know right? I mean I understand that some want it for the "realism", and if the team really wanted to do a pack with Laundry, then maybe it should have been a separate choice under the themes vote and not attached to ECO Living. Laundry and ECO Living are two different ideas as shown on this forum. It is not a bad idea, just for me personally does not fit this theme and stacked against the other choices for this vote it pales for me in comparison.

Do I think it is a very strong possibility that Laundry will win the vote? Yes, because I think that the vote will be split up with the other three choices and just might give Laundry enough votes to actually win.

Will I personally be mad? Not really, more like disappointed and truthfully maybe even somewhat relieved that maybe all of these other choices could be combined into larger GP that would include the in depth game play they really need. Maybe a ECO living GP that combines them and also includes flower arranging, beekeeping, chickens, new world and farmer's markets.

Will I buy this pack for Laundry? Probably not unless it is on sale for 50% - 75% off. Even then, this is how my sims will like the pack:

My sim(s) will end up picking up Loads of Laundry piling up on the floor because it is in fact a chore
    My sim(s) will now be thinking this is such a pain, because all of their clothes have stains
    They will pout, even while they are Shouting It Out
    Feeling their lives are so mundane and developing migraines
    They will try not to cry and asking me why The Sims were Hung Out To Dry
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Laundry SHOULD have been included in Parenthood or something. Or should be included in another pack. This is our chance to get something new so I voted off the grid. I also voted preserving because all you have to do is clear your browser history and your cookies and you can vote as many times as you want. And I voted for these things a great multiple of times because I refuse to let laundry win.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    preserves and laundry are the ones i'd play with most in the game. off the grid not so much. Forgot what the other one was.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    If laundry does win in the end, at least it'll give my butler something to do?
    Like actual cleaning instead of all the fake cleaning I pay him to do.
    Trying to look on the bright side lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Is laundry ever exciting like at all?
    FFCOojX.gif