Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers that bite?

Omg I'm not ready for the biting toddlers I'm not ready ahhh I wonder how that will play out I don't like when toddlers bite in real life and now it's on the Sims.
Also do they hit as well or just bite?
What do you guys think of the toddler chompers?

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    They will be little ankle biters :D
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,603 Member
    They will be little ankle biters :D

Even worse but its a new idea for pets ;)
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    All I know is if I see bite marks on the sofa life as we know it will end in the "Bloogity Bloo" household. lol
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    @Briana2425 I don't have any toddlers in my game at the moment but toddlers can already hit others if they have a certain skill level (I think motor?)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think it's very realistic, my niece is a toddler and going through the biting and hitting stage so it's realistic.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm super excited for that :lol: the chaotic moments. As a parent in rl, when the daycare, or preschool teacher takes you aside and says "I'm sorry ma'am it but it seems like your son has a biting situation." like those last two are always heard in slow motion cause your brain is like "OMG! Where did I go wrong?!" but to be honest, it's pretty normal-ish and in most cases they bite because they've seen another kid bite, or even mimicking the family dog (my daughter is currently in the 'puppy' phase. No biting thank goodness. :lol:) .

Sim-wise, i'm excited for it not only for it's realism but also for it's imperfection. This will be the first time sim siblings can truly annoy each-other and everyone around them. Also thanks to the parenting skill we can also see how they act in a new way of 'perfection' if we discipline them.

This is going to be a really fun challenge :lol: .
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2017
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    They already can hit others. Fussy toddlers LOVE to hit other toddlers, their siblings, their parents, their nanny, random strangers, the giant stuffed animals. From the parenting survey though, it looks like they will now be able to shove others and also say bad words. Throw in biting and making messes and who knows what else and the 7 toddler challenge is going to get so much more interesting! Haha

• Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Omg I'm not ready for the biting toddlers I'm not ready ahhh I wonder how that will play out I don't like when toddlers bite in real life and now it's on the Sims.
    What do you guys think of the toddler chompers?

Well, that's real toddlers :D I heard I was a biter when I was little too LOL.
    I'd love to see that used as a "training" for vampire toddlers !
  • Options
    ArianaMRArianaMR Posts: 38 Member
    I love having toddlers, but they're so stressful lol. I'm playing a legacy and the thing I enjoy the most is having toddlers in the household, but when it's more than one, it's literally hell (fun hell though).
  • Options
    Omg its so realistic they can hit as well god they turned into little terrors ah god can they say a bad word since they are trying to make them more realistic.
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    All I know is if I see bite marks on the sofa life as we know it will end in the "Bloogity Bloo" household. lol
    Once biting toddlers are around they'll probably have to start wearing clothes as well :p
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    Toddlers are already so much fun for me because they are a challenge. This will only add to that. I love that it makes things more imperfect just like @Dreamie209 said, it makes the game much more meaningful. On the whole I just love that your Sims' upbringing finally plays an important role in how they turn out as adults. I like it when actions have consequences. I have several families ready to enjoy all the additions of the Parenthood pack, now I only need to come up with different parenting styles for each so I can try everything. I can't wait to learn more about the parenting skill and character values and how both of them affect our Sims next week.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I love my toddler, she strips and runs naked around in my game and sometimes hits and bites and get's told off by her Aunty in my game,so cute but so realistic too!
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I love my toddler, she strips and runs naked around in my game and sometimes hits and bites and get's told off by her Aunty in my game,so cute but so realistic too!

This post started weird bc I thought you meant an irl toddler. Tbh if I had a toddler irl (and I won't for a looong, loooooong time now, or possibly never), then I would probably get out a camera and film them and just laugh. And then when they go on their first date or smth, I'll be like "wait, let me bring out the baby videos!" Kidding.. I wouldn't ruin my childs life like that. :p Though I may keep the video just for future entertainment.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Wait, where was it said that that toddlers will bite? That's really cool!!
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2017
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    Wait, where was it said that that toddlers will bite? That's really cool!!

Multiple places....it's mentioned in the official blog post about the Parenthood game pack and in the associated parenting quiz and it's been referenced in multiple developer tweets. Based on the quiz, it looks like they will also be able to shove others and say bad words, as well as making messes like the trailers showed.
    Post edited by JimG72 on
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Oh wow, that's cool! I hadn't heard about this feature! But I'm definitely looking forward to it! The tots are already awesome, so if they're able to do even more stuff and be a bit more rowdy that'll be so cool. I have a toddler in my game with the independent trait and he hits when he gets angry after being told what to do. I don't select it; he just hits autonomously. I can only imagine the kinds of mischief he will get into once the new GP comes out.
  • Options
    Oh wow, that's cool! I hadn't heard about this feature! But I'm definitely looking forward to it! The tots are already awesome, so if they're able to do even more stuff and be a bit more rowdy that'll be so cool. I have a toddler in my game with the independent trait and he hits when he gets angry after being told what to do. I don't select it; he just hits autonomously. I can only imagine the kinds of mischief he will get into once the new GP comes out.

Nice I wonder how we will all think of the tots after this pack?
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I think it will surely depend on traits. I doubt that angelic and charming toddlers do it autonomously. But fussy and wild ones should like it !
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited May 2017
    This Wild one is ready to drive her parents crazy. I actually laughed when this popped up last night :D
    2cf9roj.jpg
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited May 2017
    Oh, wow, haha, tots biting? That's so awesome (and realistic)!

I have a household with 6 tots, so i can only imagine how much more interesting it can be....

Bring on the CHAOS, YES!!!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Bring it on my sims toddlers already hit their parents. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I can't wait to see how these naughty Toddlers are going to turn out. It's going to be so much fun for sure. :D
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's really cool! :blush:
    Lu4ERme.gif