Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you waste time waiting for a new sims GP?

InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
I'm so far into PEPs for Parenthood that I'm trying to kill free time waiting for it to come out. I've prepared my rotational save to use it and know I'm making a list of what to try with it based on all the information available. so far my only complaint is that it's after Memorial Day weekend in the USA. Which means I'm deprived of extra free time I could have played it and will have to wait to fully dive into it. Next I'll probably start a new game to use with it to keep busy outside of work and my puppy. As I strive to keep occupied and spend way too much time on the forums looking for updated anything, I got to wondering:
What do other simmers do while playing the waiting game? Do you make test family's before going back to older saves?

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    I'm busy getting farther into my Sims legacy and I'm still nowhere near the end of Gen 6
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee wow I've never gotten to 6 generations before I got to five and then a bug ruined it XD
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I agree with the annoyance about the timing. Although I'm in Canada so this weekend is the long weekend, but I usually have time on Mondays to play because my daughter goes to her grandparents' house that day, so I'm still going to have to wait to play!

I have been doing a few things: prepping my current save to have lots of kids around on release, building venues to pass the time, and building houses. Outside of the Sims, I'm playing a new indie game on Steam called Northgard which is pretty entertaining, as well as the Mass Transit DLC that just came out for Cities:Skylines. This is only done when I don't have to spend all day taking care of a real life toddler. That definitely helps pass time ;)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    I've been finishing my current rotation but I'll probably spend the next week and a day doing things other than playing the game, to maximise my enthusiasm for the pack's arrival.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I've spent less time playing, but would have anyway (hockey playoffs). But when I have been playing, I've been focusing on YAs. Which, of course, means that there are now more families-to-be to play with... I'd completely forgotten that Joachin Le Chien hates children, but he's going to have one soon, so that could be interesting! Eventually.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    @invi
    @MadameLee wow I've never gotten to 6 generations before I got to five and then a bug ruined it XD

@Invisibleaes you;re welcome to read the legacy its in my siggy
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I have four saves I rotate and currently I'm getting all my families up to a spot where they can take advantage of the GP. One family already has four children, two very close to becoming teens, so I'm not touching them until May 30th even though I really want to as they're probably my favourite. Another just had a baby, one is expecting and the last one are newlyweds. I'm thinking I'll play mostly with the newlyweds first and then continue with the other two until everyone has at least one toddler ready to make a mess as soon as the GP releases. :smiley:
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I've been playing my rotational save or TS3 to bide my time. I've got a lot of households to go through in TS4, so that helps.
    I've spent less time playing, but would have anyway (hockey playoffs). But when I have been playing, I've been focusing on YAs. Which, of course, means that there are now more families-to-be to play with... I'd completely forgotten that Joachin Le Chien hates children, but he's going to have one soon, so that could be interesting! Eventually.
    You may be mixing up Joaquin with his roommate. Sergio's the one who hates children, not Joaquin.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've been working on my current save for a while -- I've got aging off so my Sims don't get too old to have kids. I'm playing a brother-sister pair that have been in the game library since base game, Ollie and Cassidy Purdue. I gave both of them makeovers (clothes/hair) and put them in an apartment in San Myshuno. Ollie found a girlfriend (Aicha Assoui) via the Wishing Well, while Cassidy is likely going to stay single. My plans for them are to get Ollie and Aicha married and settled into a house in Willow Creek to raise a family, while Cassidy lives down the street and adopts one or two kids. She'll be the "buddy" type parent with few rules and pretty much letting the kids raise themselves, while Ollie and Aicha will be more hands on, good but stricter. It will be interesting to see how the cousins turn out. I'll use the GT club system to start a club just for the two families to make it easier for them to gather, or at least for the cousins to hang out.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Lomelindi7 the timing is the only annoying thing to me thus far. As my job in RL is a nanny I'm mostly occupied during the week with the 3 month old and her four year old brother that helps time fly by. It's the nap times and weekend especially is dragging on! I only play sims and Civilization as I tend to be someone who gets entranced while playing games lol I limit myself.
    I'm thinking I'll have to start a fresh save for testing I'll probably use one of the premade for it.
    @Mariefoxprice83 I've found I do that within the last few days before something comes out with GPs or EPs too. My excitement is too great to stand playing it without the new cool gameplay
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I've been playing my rotational save or TS3 to bide my time. I've got a lot of households to go through in TS4, so that helps.
    You may be mixing up Joaquin with his roommate. Sergio's the one who hates children, not Joaquin.

Oh! You're right. They're both about to be fathers, hence the mixup :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I've been trying to play TS3 but it's so hard to get back into. I just feel overwhelmed trying to decorate my house and set up my hoods. :cry:
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    I've been trying to play TS3 but it's so hard to get back into. I just feel overwhelmed trying to decorate my house and set up my hoods. :cry:

I've tried that too but each time I do I realize how many things irk me especially the bugs in it.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    @Invisibleaes Yes same and I am usually too tired when my daughter naps to even do anything fun. I usually just have energy to eat my lunch and watch some Netflix til she wakes up! But she goes to bed at 7:30pm so I'll have a bit of time then at least. I also play Civilization! Great series
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Lomelindi7 I know that feeling lol. The 3 month olds favorite place to sleep is on me lol I spend a lot of time on my iPad while she naps!
    Yes it is! Sims and Civilization appeal to me for my inner control freak
  • Options
    pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    I'm just prepping my new couple for their first baby. So I'm building their relationship with each other and their respective in-laws. Getting the house and funds ready for baby. She's in her first trimester, so I probably won't play again until the day the game is out.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I just continue playing my current household, I play with aging turned off so I don't feel rushed, right now I'm making my teen sim a womanizer and his little brother a doctor in the making by focusing on his mental skill. Can't wait for that teddy bear that he can practice stethoscoping on. I'm also trying to get my male sim impregnated with twin alien babies, I'll just have to keep on trying. I'm also playing some games on my PS Vita as I just received my memory card to download my games on, freedom wars is sique.
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I've been doing other things in the game, when I can find the time to jump on. I love to build, so I've been putting a little more focus on that. I also have a vampire that I like to play when I need a break from my families.
  • Options
    @robyngraves I might try building more I need to work on the portions of mine they always end up too big or too small/odd shaped.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2017
    I've been going into the game and out again, I can't really concentrate on playing anymore, since my excitement and enthusiasm about the upcoming GP keep me distracted all the time. I've only got 2 saves currently, so I'm playing a bit with them. I've got some YA couples here and there, almost ready to start a family. I'm occupied with strengthening their relationships and maximizing their skills... Apart from that, nothing else unfortunately. I wish the GP was released this Tuesday instead of the next one... I've got exams in June, so I won't be able to play a lot. If it was released this week, I'd have more free time to enjoy it. Meh, what can a Simmer do? :p
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    @Invisibleaes YouTube is a great resource if you need some help and inspiration. :)
  • Options
    @gothprincess4ever Sadly nothing :'( except complain and eat my stash of GS cookies ;) I wish I had more time to play but I can't play during the week or I end up still up 3 hours before I'm supposed to actually get up for work going huh how's it so late....
    @robyngraves I'll look some up! I'm trying to get to the point where I can get portions right and decorate well lol
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Oh, the other thing I've been doing is scanning the Gallery to find a nice house for Ollie and Aicha -- I've already got Cassidy's house in game right down the street but I want a nice 3 or 4BR house, maybe with room for a basement so I can add in an art studio for Ollie and a good-sized kitchen area so I can get Aicha the professional stove (she's just starting to learn experimental foods -- that's going to be my next goal for her). Going to be hard to get with a 30x20 lot but maybe I'll give building one a try.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    @stilljustme2 That could take a while, I might copy you and turn off aging for a bit with my testing sim. I want her to master all cooking related skills and charisma to test what all kids can bring for lunches ;-)
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I've been taking a short break from TS4 waiting for the new GP. There is a free game available through Origin called "Dead in Bermuda." I've been playing that the last few days. It's kind of an RPG/quest-driving game with a Lost-type storyline. If you like dealing with micromanagement and resource allocation you might like this game. If you're not into stats and numbers you probably wouldn't like it at all. It's fun, but it is hard. I tried a few times on Normal and couldn't get anywhere -- impossibly hard, so I switched to Easy. On day 55 with all 8 survivors now.