Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New gamepack trailer

Comments

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    *wink*
    Just teasing the pack a bit. I update my profile pic and description just to share a little drip of new info with everyone.

33714719554_7f8ed09f57.jpg

*bounces in chair like the teenager I'm not actually*

Okay, now I'm excited too. Parenting skill? Sweet!!
    Me too. Aaaaaaaa, I want to know the deets. All the deets.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I need more information as so far it's all fun new stuff I'd use ;-)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    we have enough game packs already we need expansion packs!!!
    brendhan21 wrote: »

while i agree with that i do not think we will get a full ep until the end of the year.

I really hope we get an expansion in July so we can get a 2nd in November or December. I don't like this one expansion a year now. I figured City Living just took so long because of the city being built and the art department.

It just seems like all the time being spent on stuff packs and the second game pack this year already may be the cause of the huge gap

Stuff/game packs look just like the sims 3 store.
    All those monthly packs they did but still managed to give is reguler expansion packs.
    A simmer said to me well we have game packs as well as expansion packs.
    But it ain't much new as they are just like stuff from the sims 3 store and features from base games and pack's.
    Uy
    Anyhody know just how much store content was made for the sims 3.

So much in just 4 years but they still managed to bring us regular Fuller expansion packs.
    At this rate we will be lucky to get one at all this year.
    This family pack would of been perfect to add more gameplay for all 7 age groups. But they decided to do this in a limited GP.

It will most likely just be full of content with not much gameplay. Generations tho small had quite a lot of new feature's and gameplay we most likely won't see in a GP.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    ToastyChan wrote: »
    I've seen people comment that the Game Packs are done better than the Expansion Packs. I'm inclined to agree. The EPs are nice (though I kind of regret City Living) but they don't seem as full of content as the EPs in previous games.

True, I love GPs because they focus on themes that aren't quite big enough to be full EPs so the content (like vampires for example) can get fleshed out more than it would if it would be squeezed into an EP.

This is true but how can 7 life stage be squeezed into a GP
    Vampire was great but that only as 1 life state.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2017
    marcel21 wrote: »
    brendhan21 wrote: »

while i agree with that i do not think we will get a full ep until the end of the year.

I really hope we get an expansion in July so we can get a 2nd in November or December. I don't like this one expansion a year now. I figured City Living just took so long because of the city being built and the art department.

It just seems like all the time being spent on stuff packs and the second game pack this year already may be the cause of the huge gap

Stuff/game packs look just like the sims 3 store.
    All those monthly packs they did but still managed to give is reguler expansion packs.
    A simmer said to me well we have game packs as well as expansion packs.
    But it ain't much new as they are just like stuff from the sims 3 store and features from base games and pack's.
    Uy
    Anyhody know just how much store content was made for the sims 3.

So much in just 4 years but they still managed to bring us regular Fuller expansion packs.
    At this rate we will be lucky to get one at all this year.
    This family pack would of been perfect to add more gameplay for all 7 age groups. But they decided to do this in a limited GP.

It will most likely just be full of content with not much gameplay. Generations tho small had quite a lot of new feature's and gameplay we most likely won't see in a GP.

I'm hungry for content as well. There was an obscene amount of store stuff in S3 and game packs I think were suppose to replace the store, but were aren't seeming to get as much in game, stuff & Ep packs as we did in S3. Possibly the gamepacks are better than the store. There seems to be excuses as to why we aren't getting content like we did in the " so called broken" S3 game. And, to go from getting two or so a year in S3 to only one makes no sense to me when they should've built the engine they wanted and since everything is closed screened it should be easier to crank out content instead of harder.

I also felt Generations could've been a cool EP with preteens, the addition of titles like step-so and so, the linage stuff many simmers want so they can play their way, putting boy/girl friend and fiancée back into CAS relationships, adding a faithful trait, and all the stuff: play ground, toys, clothes for all ages, and perhaps an announcement that elders should now make a will, imaginary friend, and more ways to die. ect. Everything feels piecemeal. They had a sign with a gas station and that makes one wonder about cars, but I'm sure it wouldn't be added nor driving for teens. Just so much that could go in.
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    I wish they'd make a community lot where elders could move into a retirement village I guess would be like apartments
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Until the trailer is coming tomorrow, I will tell Ninja about the new tracks and everything!
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    ^^ Tell me what now?
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    What is the little girl dumping on the floor? I can't make it out clearly :(

Looks fun though.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    ^^ I think it's flour and spices and dry stuff like that. At least, that's one of the messes they can make.
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    ^^ I think it's flour and spices and dry stuff like that. At least, that's one of the messes they can make.

Thank you!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I really hope this pack won't only focus on Children though. I really hope they also gave Elders some love. We already know Teens can get Acne, which is a nice detail.

Im just hoping for some little things for all the ages. Cane walk style for elders for example. A small, but nice little detail adding tons of stuff to story telling and diversity.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Canes would be a deal-breaker for me. Other stuff maybe, but never that.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe elders can dump stuff on the floor too.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Maybe elders can dump stuff on the floor too.

I want this for childrens too. :joy:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    rudolpha wrote: »

I'm not quite an elder and I walk with a cane. Why all the cane hate?
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

Yeah. The addition of canes doesn't mean every elder or whatever has to use one. It can be just a walkstyle you can pick for your Sim. And town generated elders may just be random. Some walk with cane, some don't.

I don't see the problem.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Ditto here -- sometimes it's a necessity, but for some it can be a simple fashion statement. If we ever got fencing (the sword-fighting kind) we could even get a cane that conceals a fencing epee. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    My cane-hate is from Sims 3. Just didn't like the way they automatically assigned canes the moment people aged up. It was, to me, similar to the way babies changed into kids pre-toddler. I also doubt highly that using a cane could be a "fashion statement" for most people that use one in real life. Most of us real-life elders avoid having to use a cane or a walker as it is depressing so why in a game that is supposed to be pleasurable would anyone want to have a downer like that.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Maybe I've got a different attitude but I don't see using a cane as being a downer -- it's just a tool to help me get from Point A to Point Z with a minimum of hazard (I've got some mild balance issues due to a weak leg). As for the "fashion statement", I'm probably a bit inspired by a few too many Fred Astaire movies;

https://youtu.be/wc77Vlb-yAE

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    My cane-hate is from Sims 3. Just didn't like the way they automatically assigned canes the moment people aged up. It was, to me, similar to the way babies changed into kids pre-toddler. I also doubt highly that using a cane could be a "fashion statement" for most people that use one in real life. Most of us real-life elders avoid having to use a cane or a walker as it is depressing so why in a game that is supposed to be pleasurable would anyone want to have a downer like that.

That I agree with. I always wanted a SENIOR life stage and an ELDER life stage. The Senior would still walk normally (most of the time) and without a cane, but an Elder would walk slightly hunched over with a cane. Maybe, if the gave us canes, the cane could cause Seniors to walk like Elders and Seniors could still walk normally.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

That I agree with. I always wanted a SENIOR life stage and an ELDER life stage. The Senior would still walk normally (most of the time) and without a cane, but an Elder would walk slightly hunched over with a cane. Maybe, if the gave us canes, the cane could cause Seniors to walk like Elders and Seniors could still walk normally.

Senior also known as middle-aged that would be cool.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited May 2017
    Canes aren't depressing to me. I really hope they make a come back. They're stereotypical of that age group, just like gray hair, and acne and braces for teens (which are not fashion statements either). I want to be able to have older elders, and canes would give me that option. If it's too depressing for you, you could not use the canes and remove them from the townies.

Edited to add: My mom uses a cane (sometimes). She's old old, and walks very slow. I just want to be able to make sims that have some of the characteristics from my real life.

Edited again to add: Back to the post topic, I'm very excited for this game pack!!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Senior also known as middle-aged that would be cool.

Middle-aged person, and daughter of Seniors, putting her hand up here. Definitely not the same thing as Senior, thanks. I've been wanting to see the Elder lifestage split in two the way YA/Adult are for ages. There's a big difference between that just-retired-and-enjoying-leisure-time-and-volunteering stage and that okay-maybe-I'll-just-sit-here-and-you-can-bring-me-a-tray stage. Right now I can pull a Sim into CAS and straighten them up some for a Senior type age, and let some Sims keep working, but there's not a lot else I can do to differentiate. I'd love more. I just don't want to see more for the Elder stage that forces them all into an Old-Old Age stereotype again. More activity that Seniors can get into like volunteering and less specifically modern/recent leisure activities. (At least there are cards for card parties, and the bowling is a good addition too.) And also a Seniors' home that's not just putting some Sims in a house together.

But anyway, yay multiple kinds of toddler messes! I'm all for that, too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.