Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not having it on Bear Night!

ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
Haha, caught this expression on one my sims on "Bear Night." She was not a happy camper!

tumblr_op14muF9q11vzg6zeo1_1280.png
EiFlric.png

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,742 Member
    LOL I love it!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I really wished that they never added the negative moodlet when they were around those bears, aka, humans in bear costumes. I'd get it if it were a real bear, but gemme a break, it's a costume.
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Uh oh. Looks like that bear is unbearable.

*BA DUM TSS!!!*
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I really wished that they never added the negative moodlet when they were around those bears, aka, humans in bear costumes. I'd get it if it were a real bear, but gemme a break, it's a costume.

Maybe they get a negative moodlets because sims are really stupid and can't tell the difference between a bear and a person in costume...or those costumes are pretty funky. :p
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    A bit off topic. OP, the lady in the glasses with the black hair in your profile pic reminds me of the mom in the Mom tv show. lol
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    A bit off topic. OP, the lady in the glasses with the black hair in your profile pic reminds me of the mom in the Mom tv show. lol

Funny enough, she reminded me of Fred Armisen on SNL. Same sassy vibe.

Screen-Shot-2015-05-21-at-3.06.14-PM.png
    lede_2003_portlandia.jpg

42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    OK I will say it, I found it a bit weird since "Bear night" or Bear events are popular parties among the gay community, being a "bear" usually a beefed up guy, hairy and with a beard (resembling a bear). I am happily playing my sims and then suddenly this creepy adult sends a message to my teenage sim "Its bear night, GROWL! Join me blah blah blah"

Needless to say I was creeped out Hahahahaha

Your female sim must have been 🐸🐸🐸🐸 there were no straight men in there haha
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member

For some it would make sense, I guess Squeamish? I am dead afraid of people in costumes. It's like something costumes me and I have to get away or I begin to panic. My mum is the same, actually.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    edwie22 wrote: »
    OK I will say it, I found it a bit weird since "Bear night" or Bear events are popular parties among the gay community, being a "bear" usually a beefed up guy, hairy and with a beard (resembling a bear). I am happily playing my sims and then suddenly this creepy adult sends a message to my teenage sim "Its bear night, GROWL! Join me blah blah blah"

Your female sim must have been plum there were no straight men in there haha

LOOOL...did you ever see that Kids in the Hall Sketch where it's explained how to fight off a bear? I probably can't link to it because of content but your comments instantly reminded me of that skit, which is a play on the animal, bear, and what you're talking about (bear nights in the gay community).

ETA: The skit is called The Kids in the Hall - How to Survive a Grizzly Bear Attack. Just YouTube it. It's hilarious. NSFW. (You've been warned.)
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    She's not really into guys in bear suits.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I feel for your sim. I don't ever go to Bear Night! Love the pic!
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    ROFL I cant think of bear night without thinking of bear nights on oxford st (Sydney for those thinking London)
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member

Off the main topic but just an FYI --We have something similar in the lesbian community: (2 sides of the same coin I guess..) Femmes and Studs Those are non-offensive descriptions, the former is where I'm at (For example, my avatar is my simself) and the latter is more often referred to as "butch"-- again these are terms within our own community, not to be considered offensive at all.

Now as for the topic.. this must have come wit the Outdoor Retreat pack, which brought the bear costume into the game. I didn't get that (or any others as of yet, really) so I don't have to deal with Bear Nights

... there was room for a pun in there somewherebut we already had one "*BA DUM TSS!!!* on this page. One will do!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Miki wrote: »

Off the main topic but just an FYI --We have something similar in the lesbian community: (2 sides of the same coin I guess..) Femmes and Studs Those are non-offensive descriptions, the former is where I'm at (For example, my avatar is my simself) and the latter is more often referred to as "butch"-- again these are terms within our own community, not to be considered offensive at all.

Now as for the topic.. this must have come wit the Outdoor Retreat pack, which brought the bear costume into the game. I didn't get that (or any others as of yet, really) so I don't have to deal with Bear Nights

... there was room for a pun in there somewherebut we already had one "*BA DUM TSS!!!* on this page. One will do!
    The two gay cooks on the fancy yacht in the movie Fool's Gold. One of the gay cooks said butch when they were going after the bad guy near the end of the movie. So butch is something I have heard before.
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member

This was my first thought too honestly and my first thought was, "WELP. Time for my male sim to do a 2 step out of the closet!"
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    NoTalent wrote: »

For some it would make sense, I guess Squeamish? I am dead afraid of people in costumes. It's like something costumes me and I have to get away or I begin to panic. My mum is the same, actually.

If you ever travel to NYC, don't ever come to Times Square. Nothing but a sea of people of questionable background in filthy rented costumes begging for change. Even I'm skeeved walking through there and I'm a native!
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    ts1depot wrote: »

If you ever travel to NYC, don't ever come to Times Square. Nothing but a sea of people of questionable background in filthy rented costumes begging for change. Even I'm skeeved walking through there and I'm a native!
    What do you expect, it's New York City. But you are going to find people like that in other major cities as well, and not just NYC.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    sunman502 wrote: »
    What do you expect, it's New York City. But you are going to find people like that in other major cities as well, and not just NYC.

Huh? I'm from NYC.

And no, it's not typical for major cities at all. This issue of masses of panhandlers showing up at tourist attractions in ratty costumes is not only just a recent thing here, it's only really been limited to places like Las Vegas and Hollywood.

But that was besides the point. The other poster was talking about being weirded out by costumes and I was making a joke not to come to Times Square, because that's like the mecca of creepy people in costumes.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member

Hey, it could be worse. It could be San Myshuno. And the costumes there will give you PTSD and nightmares for months. Hahaha
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hey, it could be worse. It could be San Myshuno. And the costumes there will give you PTSD and nightmares for months. Hahaha

It's not the costumes that give me nightmares but the fact that they root through the garbage while in them. I can only imagine the smell. :s

EiFlric.png
  • Options

Huh? I'm from NYC.

And no, it's not typical for major cities at all. This issue of masses of panhandlers showing up at tourist attractions in ratty costumes is not only just a recent thing here, it's only really been limited to places like Las Vegas and Hollywood.

But that was besides the point. The other poster was talking about being weirded out by costumes and I was making a joke not to come to Times Square, because that's like the mecca of creepy people in costumes.
    Anyone would be weirded out by someone in ratty old costume. And I have been to Vegas, in fact I have an uncle that lives there. And I have not seen anyone in a ratty old costume out there either. But I haven't been all over Vegas. And I have seen Time Square too, and I haven't seen any one dressed like that there either. But that's not to say there are not people that dress like in these places. Take a look at the game, and the sims that walk around in costumes in it. Yes, it's just a video game. But that's beside the point here. The SimsGuru or Gurus that add the sims that walk around in a costume must have gotten the inspiration for this from some place.
  • Options
    REDMAVENREDMAVEN Posts: 57 Member
    The costumes don't bother me. Then again, I happen to think "bears" and "furries" throw the most outrageously fabulous parties.
  • Options
    I know one thing, not to many people will be crazy enough to walk around in the Vegas heat in a heavy bear costume.