Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    edited February 2017
    Reply to @AdamsEve1231
    1) What is your initial impression of Kass?
    Kass is relatable as she is a girl who is experiencing the ups and downs of life. Her family isn't perfect as we can see with her relationship with her dad. When he first comes in to the picture I like how you imply that there is a story from the past that will be told as well as one that's going to be revealed in the future (spin offs). I like how she mentions her insecurities when she doesn't see Gage and as she's thinking like this did you guys noticed how her Dad came along almost instantley??? :) I liked that a lot. It's like a subliminal message to where her insecurities might have come from.

2) How do you think Kass changes over time (or does she change)?
    I believe she's the same Kass but discover a little more about her character as she reacts to situations.

3) What are your thoughts about the introduction of EXCES and worldbuilding (Post Ch 4-on)?
    I've very interested in seeing the origin of this disease and/or a standalone story series.. perhaps about a cure or was there one and center around why the cure is no more. Once you know about the disease and what it's capable of, the impact is stronger when you give it one your characters is.

4) Who is your favorite character and why?
    I tend to like the male characters who come off as a good guys. Kass' mom's bf seems like that type. This is only from what I've read so far so we can discuss his character up to that point. If i were in Kass's shoes, I'd only be concerned with how he treats her mom over what kind of job he has.

5) I'll borrow this one from Dancer - did you need any clarification about anything?
    Everything is clear for me. keep up the good work!
    Post edited by Simcraft81 on
  • Options
    Simming is hard work! Lol
    C5f7aP9UwAAPfpE.jpg:large
  • Options
    Dancer-freakDancer-freak Posts: 223 Member
    Hey! I will be posting my responses to the questions I have posted in a little bit :D

I hope you have all had great weeks, by the way! Been crazy busy over here with job hunting and such lol
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited February 2017
    im house hunting n that suuuuuuuuuuuuuccckz its def chewing up my time

still reading...
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I've been swamped with work and grad school. Had a research paper, reflection paper, 4 discussion posts, and my normal readings due this week. And I worked extra hours this week at my job because I had to make up for leaving work when my husband's car broke down. Still trying to figure that all out. I'm still here and reading when I can. So all this to say, I totally understand busy.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    xJojox wrote: »
    my mental health is ok lol.
    mental meaning = crazy :) - haha. or hectic.

Lol... oh okay... well, take care of that too. :p

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Simcraft81 wrote: »
    Reply to @AdamsEve1231
    Kass is relatable as she is a girl who is experiencing the ups and downs of life. Her family isn't perfect as we can see with her relationship with her dad. When he first comes in to the picture I like how you imply that there is a story from the past that will be told as well as one that's going to be revealed in the future (spin offs). I like how she mentions her insecurities when she doesn't see Gage and as she's thinking like this did you guys noticed how her Dad came along almost instantley??? :) I liked that a lot. It's like a subliminal message to where her insecurities might have come from.

I believe she's the same Kass but discover a little more about her character as she reacts to situations.

3) What are your thoughts about the introduction of EXCES and worldbuilding (Post Ch 4-on)?
    I've very interested in seeing the origin of this disease and/or a standalone story series.. perhaps about a cure or was there one and center around why the cure is no more. Once you know about the disease and what it's capable of, the impact is stronger when you give it one your characters is.

I tend to like the male characters who come off as a good guys. Kass' mom's bf seems like that type. This is only from what I've read so far so we can discuss his character up to that point. If i were in Kass's shoes, I'd only be concerned with how he treats her mom over what kind of job he has.

5) I'll borrow this one from Dancer - did you need any clarification about anything?

@Simcraft81 thanks for your responses.
    1) I'm glad you think Kass is relatable. I also totally missed the connection between Gage and her dad. Yes, that's definitely indicative of her insecurities.

2) I'm also glad you think Kass stays relatively the same. I think she stays true to who she is, but she's learning and growing up and that's a process I hoped to capture in her story.

3) I actually have loads of plans for EXCES - its origins, its impact, is there a cure, etc. I'm happy to see that my readers are interested. I guess that means I'm on the right track.

4) Clark is a good guy. I enjoyed watching the in-game romance develop between Amy and Clark as that wasn't originally planned. In terms of Kass' reaction to him, she is concerned about his treatment of her mom, but she's a bit focused on the superficial things right now since she's got a lot on her plate. Sometimes anxieties and worries manifest in weird ways. You'll read more about Clark later. BTW, what chapter are you at? Just curious.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @Simcraft81 , @xJojox , @Dancer-freak , @NocturnalDuet , @WiggleyTuff

How are you all doing? Circle wise, is there anything we want to do differently? Reading/writing wise, is there anything we can do to support each other better?

I think if we're going in order of the first page, JoJo's Fine Lines is next up for reading/discussion. Tomorrow starts a new month so I'd say that's a good time to start.(though we can continue trickling conversation about Kass or writing in general).

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    i am still yet to finish my answers and stuff for kass's story. i will do this tomorrow before we start ...
  • Options
    Reply to @AdamsEve1231

@Simcraft81 thanks for your responses.
    1) I'm glad you think Kass is relatable. I also totally missed the connection between Gage and her dad. Yes, that's definitely indicative of her insecurities.

2) I'm also glad you think Kass stays relatively the same. I think she stays true to who she is, but she's learning and growing up and that's a process I hoped to capture in her story.

3) I actually have loads of plans for EXCES - its origins, its impact, is there a cure, etc. I'm happy to see that my readers are interested. I guess that means I'm on the right track.

4) Clark is a good guy. I enjoyed watching the in-game romance develop between Amy and Clark as that wasn't originally planned. In terms of Kass' reaction to him, she is concerned about his treatment of her mom, but she's a bit focused on the superficial things right now since she's got a lot on her plate. Sometimes anxieties and worries manifest in weird ways. You'll read more about Clark later. BTW, what chapter are you at? Just curious.

@AdamsEve1231 I'm on Ch 25 but haven't read the Author's Note on Injustice or Gage's family spinoff yet.
  • Options
    If you guys have twitter you can follow me @Simcraft81 I'll follow you as well :)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    SORRY I'M LATE!! @AdamsEve1231

Headstrong and funny. I love her wit that comes across in her thoughts and some of her cheeky answers that you see all over the chapters i have read. (I'm currently up to chapter 13) She is definitely a prune! And very traditional. She has that 'ick factor' if anyone even mentions anything about deeper relationships or any kind of intimacy. I think she needs to learn how to date properly so she can get over some of these icky subjects. Even though she is only 18 i see her as still very juvenile. Which is good ... because she is not out in the real world yet. She has been a role model for her sisters, but still doesn't have that grown up thing yet ... hopefully this KRAZY life of hers will teach her a few things.

In the last few chapters, you have written her character well. She's fresh out of school. Fresh at everything really. While she does seem to have a few things on her plate ... she seems to handle them well without too much drama. The only person i see her having disagreements with alot is Gage. Her venting guy ... they seem to butt heads nearly every time they are together. Is that what BFF's do, or is there some kind of chemistry that Kass isn't willing to admit yet? I haven't seen a change yet though ... I guess we will see.

Even though this a plot driven story, you keep the essence of the sims in your story writing that is really clever. Like the things that happen in our games e.g being abducted by aliens ... I was initially worried about her dads announcement. Thinking Kass might have it. Now i'm kinda thinking maybe Andi or Cari might have it! Or even Mumma!

I like Kass. She is a good soul ... i like her fantastic personality. You have developed this character well. Even though it's about Kass ... i feel that we put a little of ourselves in our sims and wonder if you have the same wit and cheeky traits!

OMG no wayyyy. That prologue was humongous! It covered everything you would ever ever ever need to know about Kass. In ways it reminded me a little of the way my story started. Very similar! Your references are very well thought out and organised so things make more sense. There is definitely nothing to be desired what soever.

MY QUESTIONS TO YOU...

Do her abandonment issues from her dad ... stem close to home to why she has a problem with Gage moving?

Her protection with Gage is somewhat overbearing and i just wondered why she doesn't share his happiness... when he is clearly happy about some of his surprising changes?

Does Kass like Gage 'in that way' more than she lets on? Will we see a love triangle?

Do you relate yourself to the Simitalia? (Are you Italian?)
  • Options

@AdamsEve1231 I'm on Ch 25 but haven't read the Author's Note on Injustice or Gage's family spinoff yet.

@Simcraft81 FYI, while Gage's chapter Velvet Sky is marked a spin-off, there are some important details from that chapter that come up in Chapter 30 Young and Free. I should probably remark that on the site. The Author Note and the other spinoff (Brigit) isn't important to understanding the plot. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    SORRY I'M LATE!! @AdamsEve1231

Headstrong and funny. I love her wit that comes across in her thoughts and some of her cheeky answers that you see all over the chapters i have read. (I'm currently up to chapter 13) She is definitely a prune! And very traditional. She has that 'ick factor' if anyone even mentions anything about deeper relationships or any kind of intimacy. I think she needs to learn how to date properly so she can get over some of these icky subjects. Even though she is only 18 i see her as still very juvenile. Which is good ... because she is not out in the real world yet. She has been a role model for her sisters, but still doesn't have that grown up thing yet ... hopefully this KRAZY life of hers will teach her a few things.

In the last few chapters, you have written her character well. She's fresh out of school. Fresh at everything really. While she does seem to have a few things on her plate ... she seems to handle them well without too much drama. The only person i see her having disagreements with alot is Gage. Her venting guy ... they seem to butt heads nearly every time they are together. Is that what BFF's do, or is there some kind of chemistry that Kass isn't willing to admit yet? I haven't seen a change yet though ... I guess we will see.

Even though this a plot driven story, you keep the essence of the sims in your story writing that is really clever. Like the things that happen in our games e.g being abducted by aliens ... I was initially worried about her dads announcement. Thinking Kass might have it. Now i'm kinda thinking maybe Andi or Cari might have it! Or even Mumma!

I like Kass. She is a good soul ... i like her fantastic personality. You have developed this character well. Even though it's about Kass ... i feel that we put a little of ourselves in our sims and wonder if you have the same wit and cheeky traits!

OMG no wayyyy. That prologue was humongous! It covered everything you would ever ever ever need to know about Kass. In ways it reminded me a little of the way my story started. Very similar! Your references are very well thought out and organised so things make more sense. There is definitely nothing to be desired what soever.

MY QUESTIONS TO YOU...

Do her abandonment issues from her dad ... stem close to home to why she has a problem with Gage moving?

Her protection with Gage is somewhat overbearing and i just wondered why she doesn't share his happiness... when he is clearly happy about some of his surprising changes?

Does Kass like Gage 'in that way' more than she lets on? Will we see a love triangle?

Do you relate yourself to the Simitalia? (Are you Italian?)

Oh my goodness! Thank you for your kind words @xJojox. Thanks for your answers.

Kass' abandonment issues - are related to her dad, and I think, in general, learning how to grow up, move out, and move on. She doesn't want things to change, but holding onto her past isn't helping her either. This subject comes up more in I&S and KFLL also so I won't say much more.

Kass' protection of Gage - I think Kass is a bit of a mother hen. She's the oldest child. She takes care of her sisters, and sometimes even her Mamma and she cares for her friends. It is overbearing and (honestly... annoying). Some of her "protectiveness" also stems from knowing Gage didn't have a good family growing up, and he's been in and out of foster care. Why isn't she happy for him? This goes back to she doesn't want things to change, even if that's unproductive and hurtful at times.

Kass and Gage and a love triangle - Well... not saying anything that will give this away. :p

Simtalia - No, although I do have 1 Italian relative by marriage. I have strong German-Irish roots on the one side of the family and British-Dutch on the other side, and my family likes to keep up with traditions. I picked Italian because I studied the culture a few years ago, and found it interesting. I also know bits and bobs of Italian, and took Latin in high school, and I adore Italian food. I thought it would be fun to write about different cultures in the Sim world and that's how Simtalia was born. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 thanks for the heads up :-) I will get right on it!
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 i will be continuing my read with this. I like the broad story, even though it surrounds Kass.

Im currently reading the first part of ur story, up to chapter 13. Have i missed anything in between?
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 i will be continuing my read with this. I like the broad story, even though it surrounds Kass.

Im currently reading the first part of ur story, up to chapter 13. Have i missed anything in between?

Nope... ch 1-26 are straightforward. I changed Gage's (spinoff) chapter to chapter 26 1/2 so people don't skip it. Other than that, if you want to read the author's notes posts you can, but that's totally up to you. You don't miss anything really.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    so when does mine start so i can prep questions etc?
  • Options

Nope... ch 1-26 are straightforward. I changed Gage's (spinoff) chapter to chapter 26 1/2 so people don't skip it. Other than that, if you want to read the author's notes posts you can, but that's totally up to you. You don't miss anything really.

Lol I was wondering where it went. I knew I saw that spinoff section somewhere. :)
  • Options
    @xJojox you can start whenever you like. Let us know when you're ready.

@Simcraft81 whoops! sorry about that.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    OKAY - Since it's my turn. I've had a bit of a think about it and a re-read of the first ten chapters again.

I want to start by posting this to you. Because it was made at my last reading session :)
    I am a part of a magazine and the editor loves my story and asked me to do a page on it...

These questions are from AdamsEve.

REKujdQ.png

LARGE SIZE

This will answer a lot of questions that have already been asked.

But focusing on the first 1-10 chapters ... it kind of makes up for all the things that has happened and all the things that are building to create the foundation of this story. This story doesn't have a prologue because Abby often talks about the past to not need one.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP.

What did you think of Justin when he first entered?

What can you tell from Abby and her Mothers relationship?

What traits of Abby's are you able to pick up?

Any predictions beyond what you have read? (Depending what chapter you finish reading at ... no cheating! lol. Be sure to hide the spoilers because some of you are at different stages.)

Is there anything you can relate about in fine lines, that brings realism to it? (emotions, experiences or just the way its written.)

• Options
  • Options
    @xJojox I love your beautiful article. How creative! I will answer soon. I promise. I've been really sick... again. I swear my immune system is shot to plum. :/

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    OKAY - Since it's my turn. I've had a bit of a think about it and a re-read of the first ten chapters again.

I want to start by posting this to you. Because it was made at my last reading session :)
    I am a part of a magazine and the editor loves my story and asked me to do a page on it...

These questions are from AdamsEve.

REKujdQ.png

LARGE SIZE

This will answer a lot of questions that have already been asked.

But focusing on the first 1-10 chapters ... it kind of makes up for all the things that has happened and all the things that are building to create the foundation of this story. This story doesn't have a prologue because Abby often talks about the past to not need one.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP.

Any predictions beyond what you have read? (Depending what chapter you finish reading at ... no cheating! lol. Be sure to hide the spoilers because some of you are at different stages.)

Is there anything you can relate about in fine lines, that brings realism to it? (emotions, experiences or just the way its written.)

Reply to @xjojox

When Justin was introduced, he seemed to me like kind of an outspoken person. I wouldn't say he was arrogant but confident. The dialog you gave him seemed like he didn't care for being formal or trying to make a first impression etc. which was clearly the opposite in Abby's case.

Abby sounded like she definitely wanted to be with her dad more than her mom. She was worried about when she'd see him again while she was getting irritated with her mom. During the move, It was like she wanted to blame her for the divorce. Her attitude is understandable since this news came to her quickly and wasn't prepared to move to another place, leaving Rachel behind.

She seems reserved until she gets to know you. You could say she's highly opinionated because she's expressing her frustration around her parents and Rachel. So once she's comfortable, she can say what's on her mind. If this wasn't the case, she probably wouldn't have been so quiet when meeting Justin for the first time.

I'm thinking Rachel and Abby's friendship is going to be tested and Justin is going to be the issue. Maybe Abby's going to start slacking when it comes to staying in touch and Rachel may accuse her of forgetting about her because of 'some boy' lol Abby's going to get along much better with her mom soon and I have a bad feeling that something might happen to her dad to bring them together.

I can relate to her emotions. If you have to be away from a person you care deeply for, whether it's friendship or love interest, it's going to STING! and you'll think of that person everyday.
    Post edited by Simcraft81 on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Awww @Simcraft81

Thank you for reading. It entertains me to know that you read it :) what chapter did you read to out of the 90 posted?
    Your impressions are spot on in some ways, its funny to see how far Abby's character has come. Considering what you see now at the start ... she is a definitely a different Abby now.